Tournament Match 1: Deathmatch

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

Re: Tournament Match 1: Deathmatch

Sol wrote: :-D too many people starting with S in this tourney, I may have to limit the number of them ;). It will be interesting...sergeant hasnt killed yet, but i dont know if he has massed anything or not...he may have just got by on pure luck.

you could add anonymity to tournament. it would be hilarious seeing people massing their alliance mates :D
Lord Master
Forum Irregular
Alliance: [Generations]
ID: 1920232

nimious wrote:
Sol wrote: :-D too many people starting with S in this tourney, I may have to limit the number of them ;). It will be interesting...sergeant hasnt killed yet, but i dont know if he has massed anything or not...he may have just got by on pure luck.

you could add anonymity to tournament. it would be hilarious seeing people massing their alliance mates :D

Actually that is a good idea. That way people cannot help eachother:)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Lord Master wrote:
nimious wrote:

Actually that is a good idea. That way people cannot help eachother:)

Would make better sense to stop cross server massing. It wont stop alliance mates from finding out who each other are tho. Unless you remove all forms of Identification and communication between accounts.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

and have no rankings page...or anyway of identifying other accounts...or ability to declare peace or war with someone as a means of identification...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

it would be hard to comunicate, if msgs were disabled, spying wouldnt show tech lvls and total army size(it would show real value multiplied with random number), and we wouldnt be able to see ids
it would be chaotic :twisted:
stratigize
Forum Regular
Alliance: None
ID: 1916975

Congrats to Snapser, All of the TA members that participated, and congrats to those last about 10 that were standing. Great job everyone.

Nice to see a TAF members win it
Maha Vishnu
System Lord
Alliance: Pharoah- Goauld Empire
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Yeah congrats to snapser, great mass.

What are the prizes anyway

LV

Host=Does not matter, Goauld=Maha Vishnu, Ori = ????? OOC:=ME
Descensions
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Harakash Maha Vishnu wrote:Yeah congrats to snapser, great mass.

What are the prizes anyway

LV

1st prize tier 3 turn producing demi-god i think
2nd 4k turns?
3rd 2k turns?
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

It wouldn't be that hard. Just 1at a bunch of people and you're friend will tell you when to stop and who he is... Then you can work together for a mass. Then wash, rinse, repeat. Or, since spying would have to be kept in it. Just build to x-stats, then your friend tells you what he has, precisely, and you both go looking for each other. There's always going to be ways to communicate and work as one, and Hell, why shouldn't there be? A warrior uses all the tools at his disposal, right? Only thing I'd like to see is a rolling tourney, as in the second one ends a new one begins. Constant refresh of players, never know who will and won't be fighting, could put safe guards in place so it wont start the 12hour force in until there are, 20 (?) people. That would be cool. Could also make the title 'God of the arena' only applicable after winning 5 of them or so, God after 1? Gods can have lucky days also :P

Congrats to Snapser on winning it! Was a lot of tough people in there, well done for being the first Asc winner!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Hope wrote:It wouldn't be that hard. Just 1at a bunch of people and you're friend will tell you when to stop and who he is... Then you can work together for a mass. Then wash, rinse, repeat. Or, since spying would have to be kept in it. Just build to x-stats, then your friend tells you what he has, precisely, and you both go looking for each other. There's always going to be ways to communicate and work as one, and Hell, why shouldn't there be? A warrior uses all the tools at his disposal, right? Only thing I'd like to see is a rolling tourney, as in the second one ends a new one begins. Constant refresh of players, never know who will and won't be fighting, could put safe guards in place so it wont start the 12hour force in until there are, 20 (?) people. That would be cool. Could also make the title 'God of the arena' only applicable after winning 5 of them or so, God after 1? Gods can have lucky days also :P

Congrats to Snapser on winning it! Was a lot of tough people in there, well done for being the first Asc winner!

No, tourneys should be big deals and therefore should only be occasionally. I dont know how often SoL is planning to do them but at least a week or two gap should do it.
Sol
Forum Addict

scrambling names and such wont really fix the problem, that's if it can even be implemented, the IDs behind the accounts will still have to be the same, and they will have to be in the url etc.
Not to mention some people might want to kill the same person in the next arena, i.e player A kills player B, next arena player B might want to kill player A, they might want to do an onliner or something.
Then players would still share their scrambled usernames on their alliance forum etc.
Stopping the ability to send messages in the arena would be a useless feat.

I considered it at one stage, but the coding behind it to accommodate all fixes for the problems above is colossal, that's even if it can be done.

Regardless well done to snapser, had a few rough patches, but it panned out quite well. Will be interesting to see how smooth the next round goes.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

so we take out the guy who won first next time right ? :P haha

well done snapser :D
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE

=D> congrats to snapser nice going.
I AM

pc
Fledgling Forumer

Nicely done snapser!
2nd and 3thrid good strategy :-D