19%
I don't know
48%

Total votes: 21
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: This era sucks?

Your 100,000 units count for absolutely nothing unless you have 100,000 weapons. Which, at a cost of 160m each for the big ones is some stupid figure I can't even be bothered to work out. The game is going to need a lot of people to blast the UP button to generate enough farmable naq.

This game is already screwed up. It's not been well thought out.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

HippyFool wrote:If so many people have already worked out this amazing, simple, cheap strategy of how to win, how are we going to deal with the problem that only 1 person can win?

So at this point it seems that having 1 unit and pumping the *&%$ out of levels is the way to go. That is great right now, but what if that person doesn't build any UP and in a months time they have 10k army and someone else has 30mil army? Do we know who is going to have to best income out of those two?

As for whether or not units can die... I am not sure about att/def/cov units, but my 2 AC units that were amped like crazy (I had about rank 5 AC) got smooshed faster than a fly in flyswat land (oh dear that was bad) when I hit someone with defense.

Has sabbing been tested? Do we know if there are limits on how far you can amp a unit?

If you ask me, this wave will take a lot of strategy to win.

Couldn't agree more, there will come a time when it will be more beneficial to have more than the one unit, especially when considering that you can't mass/sabb someone's amped tech% away, hell if someone's got two units and u kill one that's only going to serve to make them twice as strong... (is it not?)

Hippy you hit the nail on the head when you said that you expect that there is going to be a considerable amount of strategy involved in this era,.

Admin, if you happen to be reading this, can we please find out if there is a limit in place for the max % AMPed and what it is, or can we have one installed, will post this request again in another thread or PM.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Hmm I don't know if there should be a max AMP though... remember that a max of 100,000 now is massive, but in 2 months would be a spec of income.

If there was a max it would have to be one that changed as the era progressed based on something (not army size or UP). Perhaps innactives income. Or simply a time formula so it grows slightly each day.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I quite like it.
Drought
Forum Expert

I would guess the line of strategy is involved where the losses are not quickly replenishable to farm active build accounts with high incomes vs farming defencless accounts with relative lower income

As the turns go by, a line/grey area will be crossed where the costs of upgrading a new set of attackers to be able farm become expensive in perspective tht you would need a load of resources to build it back up, making you capable of farming higher income accounts.

Thusfully, you will need to tip toe between amping more units while using them, and adding new units as you loose them (and amping afterwards).

Not having enough power to do so will force you to linger around inactive low income accounts.

The round has only just started, chances are, we have not even seen the tip of the iceberg involving the strategies needed to become successful in the long run.
a very bad hairdo
Scenester
Forum Regular

HippyFool wrote:If so many people have already worked out this amazing, simple, cheap strategy of how to win, how are we going to deal with the problem that only 1 person can win?

So at this point it seems that having 1 unit and pumping the *&%$ out of levels is the way to go. That is great right now, but what if that person doesn't build any UP and in a months time they have 10k army and someone else has 30mil army? Do we know who is going to have to best income out of those two?

As for whether or not units can die... I am not sure about att/def/cov units, but my 2 AC units that were amped like crazy (I had about rank 5 AC) got smooshed faster than a fly in flyswat land (oh dear that was bad) when I hit someone with defense.

Has sabbing been tested? Do we know if there are limits on how far you can amp a unit?

If you ask me, this wave will take a lot of strategy to win.

I sabbed with 200 units against an army just to amp them.
Couldnt kill all of my units, 3 of them just didnt want to die, they weren't upgraded that badly yet tho (they had to share that power with 200 others ehhh)
If Offense and Def units can die when having only 1, this era might be saved, yet id say increase death rate on those lol... then again, the return of an admin can take months, thats how we roll here at quantum, we can check everyday, but the person that gets the donations and thus paid for it doesnt seem to be able to do that :roll:
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Human
ID: 63671
Alternate name(s): Supreme Commander Thor

as for what scenester said if you have 3 covert they wont die. i tried sabbing it down to 1. So train 3 pump the hell outs them and win there. as for def idk if that one can die but i have yet to see the 1 lonely atk units die from combat... so that leaves AC that it seems you need either to have a **Filtered** ton or just none untill the end of the era...
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular

Also because i wondered there IS a cap it seems or is displaying so maybe this era isnt lost...

Attack Drone upgraded by 14,433.33 levels at a cost of 2,165,000,000 Naquadah.
Upgrade Attack Drone (at level 9999.99)
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neo Dragon wrote:Also because i wondered there IS a cap it seems or is displaying so maybe this era isnt lost...

Yep. Confirmed. You can only train a unit to 10,000 extra power!

Read my post here which explains why this era will be fine.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=190212&start=30

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Scenester
Forum Regular

Neo Dragon wrote:Also because i wondered there IS a cap it seems or is displaying so maybe this era isnt lost...

That was a lot of money wasted then if you only got 9999 levels out of the 14433 its said it would give.
Neo Dragon
Forum Irregular

ya but im not too worried really i kinda feel i still screwed myself over this era... but we will see :P at least i know my strike will be workable so massing here i come :smt081
Scenester
Forum Regular

After more research id like to retract my ''Yes'' vote and turn it in to a ''I don't know''
After all this could be potentionaly fun.

A real Snipe era, missed that.
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

Hmmm not really thrilled about this era. :shock:
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Here is some info to think about (Quantum Constants):

Upgrade costs for upgrading each Troop one level is a fixed cost at 150,000 NAQ!

One Troop can still only man One Weapon.

2 Troops manning 2 Weapons is stronger than 1 Troop manning 1 Weapon if Upgrade Levels and Tech Levels are same (taking into consideration Race Bonuses variations of course!!).

Attack/Sab formulas are fixed and should work the same for all! (i.e. My XXX Troops on XXX Weaps will beat your XXX Troops on XXX Weaps if my power levels exceed the formulaic levels required to beat yours!)

So, the issues could come from:
1. Do Level Upgrades per each Troop MAX a out at some point?
(Already answered, Max out at 10000 Upgrades! This is IMPORTANT!)
2. WHAT ORDER DO TROOPS DIE IN????
(i.e. Largest Upgraded to smaller, Smaller to Larger??)
3. Can All troops of one type be killed down to 0??
(Most likely not... this has always been an observed function of Quantum that no troops can ever be killed/sabbed etc. down to zero level!)

So, as long as the math and formulas stay the same for all of us, and since the Level upgrades are Finite meaning that we can all max our troops out to the equivalent upgrade level as anyone else, then the issues are if we can kill someones troops and if the higher powered troops die off first in a consistent fashion for all?? Will having 1000 super puny troops in front of 1 Super Upgraded Troop be a clear tactical advantage?? Can someone with one super troop wipe my 5 partially upgraded Troops down to Zero, making it where I can never catch him with superior numbers versus Upgrades??

Once we know the answers to those questions we will truly, once and for all, know how to vote in this poll? Sucketh, or NO Sucketh... HAHAHAHA :smt047
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers

Affirmation wrote:2. WHAT ORDER DO TROOPS DIE IN????
(i.e. Largest Upgraded to smaller, Smaller to Larger??)

I would assume that the lower ones would "die" first... seen as how your Amped Tech%'s are "static'ish" (if you've got 1 10,000% Amped troop and buy another troop you've got 2x 5000% Amped troops - the reverse should work, if you've got 3 troops that are an average of 3333% Amped and one dies, i believe that you would then be left with 2x 5,000% troops) therefore by someone killing one or your troops you've actually become stronger... YAY (correct me if i'm wrong)

I think the main thing that we've gotta look at in the PERCENTAGES not worry about "what level this or that troop is"... its all about the percentages baby....

Affirmation wrote:3. Can All troops of one type be killed down to 0??
(Most likely not... this has always been an observed function of Quantum that no troops can ever be killed/sabbed etc. down to zero level!)

Agreed, as time will attest, we have not been able to kill, mass, sab, murder, rape or pillage someone's troops below the Holy Number ONE....

This is no different that any other era, once its a few weeks (a month maybe) in and everyone's got all their techs, AMPED and other upgrades "maxed" it will just be like any other era, but with the need to occasionally top up ones AMPED PECENTAGES....

AVERAGE PERCENTAGES!!!!.... that is all...

Return to “General”