How do you send a gift?

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

How do you send a gift?

I know you can send troops and the such to other players....but can you send currency? Also....how do you do either?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: How do you send a gift?

Provided you have full supporter status you may send resources in one of two ways. 1) Manually by finding the recipient on the rank list and inputting the amounts in below their details (having clicked on their name) or 2) via the trade broker in the market (which is typically for trading resources).

If you do not have supporter status, neither option will be available to you. If you want more information about supporter status just ask.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

Full supporter status? :shock:
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Yes.

Three ways to acquire SS - 1) donate $20 or $50 via the support/upgrade link from the command centre (bottom right) OR 2) Collect 1000 Glory & Reputation points and trade them on the market OR 3) simply ascend (ascending without having SS already will force you to forfeit a lot of your resources that could be sent to another player for storage, and generally makes life hard work).
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

And supposing I'm too thick to know how to gain those Glory and Reputation points?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

You're not thick, you just don't know the answer yet. Old Chinese proverb - ask a question and be a fool for three minutes, don't ask a question and be a fool for a life time. ;)

Earning G&R is a simple concept, but slightly more difficult for new players to put into practice. You must get yourself to within the top 2% of the entire rank list (which last time I played equated to top 1200 give or take).

I couldn't tell you what stats you will require, but the trick is try to balance each individual stat rank for an overall better rank.
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

I am ranked 1119....So while I am a higher rank, how would I go about gaining the points. I am wanting to send my friend some currency as I normally have more than enough....but I need to gain these points. I have 112 of these points already. I am too weak to ascend and I cannot pay for the ability to send this stuff....so this is my last chance
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

You need to push your rank if you're not gaining any. It was a while ago when I played, so inside the top 1200 was good enough, but as time goes on more inactive accounts may well have been deleted, making the top 2% a smaller number of course.

Throw some money at your lowest ranked stat and see if it brings you into the G&R range. I am sure someone else viewing the thread could confirm what rank you need to be at.
Last edited by Quina Quen on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

Once I am in the rank, how do I obtain the points?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

You will collect them automatically at a rate of one per turn.

I do have another suggestion for you. Raid plenty of UU and place a bid in UU on accounts available for trade for example this one - viewtopic.php?f=73&t=190063 - and allow the person you are trading with to raid the units from you. Any ascended account will already have supporter status.
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

Sorry but I didn't get that, I'm not too brainy. I'll just have to gain points with each turn and then trade with him. He is new, still under the protection from sighing up to the game. I want to give him currency to boost himself...but I need that damn supporter thing to do it, so I'll just have to gain it and then send the goods....somehow
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

You have another 18 days to go until you can buy supporter status with G&R at a rate of 1 point per turn. Good luck!

I can explain if you want the process of acquiring an already ascended account with resources you can farm on your existing one without even having supporter status already. You would need to either delete or donate your existing account once you had a new one though of course. You could perhaps even give it to the newcomer you're wanting to gift anyway. Makes logical sense to me.
Ori_Master
Forum Newbie

It says I can buy 1/2 Market Supporter Status/Bonus for 12,600,000,000.....should I just buy 2?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

You should have already bought that by now, but yes, purchase 2 multiples of 1/2 market SS. That will allow you to use the in game market (which is pretty junk by the way). Stick to using your market turns in exchange for non-transferable attack turns.
Sol
Forum Addict

a common mistake is having NOX on when you are in GnR range, you WONT receive GnR if you do. So remember to keep it off when you can.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”