Making ascended standalone?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: Making ascended standalone?

It isn't a separation of the two servers, it is the creation of an entirely new version of ascended server.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

and suppose to be a general discussion..
a big NO. don't have energy after 12h of work.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

General Riviera wrote:It isn't a separation of the two servers, it is the creation of an entirely new version of ascended server.
That is one of the concepts being tossed around. The other one is separation, and the last one is to keep the link as it is.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

A lot of people are getting hyped up as if I were planning something :razz: kinda funny. That and 50% of people didn't read the first post to understand some possible angles.
But as a i said I'm just interested in knowing what people think on the issue.

Ascended was born from main, with full intention of being its counterpart, and I love how they interlink, it's what makes the game interesting.
That being said (and what lore has said), one of the core updates i would have liked to do is to weave ascended and main together a bit more. Which is the problem in itself, getting that core update :razz:, but that's another thread in itself.

Personally I don't see a problem with letting people register for ascended AND letting them ascend to get to it, after all (as someone said) ascending is easy now even though it takes time, and every time you ascend you get to powerup your ascended account so those that have ascended or are ascending aren't loosing out on anything. If someone with an unlinked main account is descended then there ascended account can just be made inoperable for a week or something. Not exactly a chore to find ideas to keep things fair.
Although there are ways for ascended to keep its prestige, allowing only x amount of people join per month or something.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:A lot of people are getting hyped up as if I were planning something :razz: kinda funny. That and 50% of people didn't read the first post to understand some possible angles.
But as a i said I'm just interested in knowing what people think on the issue.
;) This is how it works, Sol. People read something and their mind goes "OMG!" and their hands go *TYPE*TYPE*TYPE*.
Sol wrote:Ascended was born from main, with full intention of being its counterpart, and I love how they interlink, it's what makes the game interesting.
That being said (and what lore has said), one of the core updates i would have liked to do is to weave ascended and main together a bit more. Which is the problem in itself, getting that core update :razz:, but that's another thread in itself.
This makes my mind giddy with joy at what could be possible.
Sol wrote:Personally I don't see a problem with letting people register for ascended AND letting them ascend to get to it, after all (as someone said) ascending is easy now even though it takes time, and every time you ascend you get to powerup your ascended account so those that have ascended or are ascending aren't loosing out on anything. Although there are ways for ascended to keep its prestige, allowing only x amount of people join per month or something.
A reasonable objection I saw posted earlier is the 'obvious' lack of 'Main Pain' from a descension.. or do you have a way to counter that? :)
HgE
Forum Regular

are you high SOL? did you smoke somethin'?

How many NEW players register in main to have only X amount of User, to get into ascended?
Do you suggest this for Descended people also?

Day dreaming.. =D>

ربهالنوع wrote:A reasonable objection I saw posted earlier is the 'obvious' lack of 'Main Pain' from a descension.. or do you have a way to counter that? :)

You have a house that it's doing that. And obvious, those who use it, don't care about that bonus lost since they can fight the one's who descend them as their Equal.. :D... Not to mention, right now, the players that still play, are safe, for a 4-5Bil TOC.. so my point: Ascended it's going in the same direction as Main.. Defensive. :smt100
Last edited by HgE on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

HgE wrote:are you high SOL? did you smoke somethin'?

How many NEW players register in main to have only X amount of User, to get into ascended?

Day dreaming.. =D>
You are as predictable as a Swiss clock, brother. ;) It is funny.
Sol
Forum Addict

HgE wrote:are you high SOL? did you smoke somethin'?

1. So whats the problem then? It would hardly hurt anyone if it was opened up.
2. What? How does that even fit in with anything i said?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
HgE
Forum Regular

for sure we are not Mind Readers. So, unless you tell us, all the Idea, we can Understand, due to lack of sharing.

So, from what you said: I've understood: That only X New Ascended Players will be let in / month.
There is what you said.

Again, your answers are too evasive. You don't say something real. Try to put the point on "i" first. Then make a story and tell us. Right now, I presume you're high and can't focus properly.
Sol
Forum Addict

HgE wrote:So, from what you said: I've understood: That only X New Ascended Players will be let in / month.
There is what you said.

key component of what i said was...'or something', not set in stone but an idea ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:
Sol wrote:Personally I don't see a problem with letting people register for ascended AND letting them ascend to get to it, after all (as someone said) ascending is easy now even though it takes time, and every time you ascend you get to powerup your ascended account so those that have ascended or are ascending aren't loosing out on anything. Although there are ways for ascended to keep its prestige, allowing only x amount of people join per month or something.
A reasonable objection I saw posted earlier is the 'obvious' lack of 'Main Pain' from a descension.. or do you have a way to counter that? :)

I fail to see how that would be something against opening up to allow people to register....
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
I fail to see how that would be something against opening up to allow people to register....
Ah, yes. Let me try to explain. Those who play Main to ascend and such, have much more to lose by getting descended. :) Does that make sense?
Sol
Forum Addict

ربهالنوع wrote:
Sol wrote:
ربهالنوع wrote:
Ah, yes. Let me try to explain. Those who play Main to ascend and such, have much more to lose by getting descended. :) Does that make sense?

Ah yes i see!
Well it would be easy enough to limit those who have a linked main can descend those that do as well (and scrap my other suggestion). Unlinked mains descending linked mains would be out of spite anyway, after all the descension technique was about main...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE

Sol wrote:So after a few talks with some people and admin J, I'll bring this question into the limelight.
Should ascended be made into more of a stand-alone game still linked (in some ways) to main? So people can still ascend to get into it, and casually sign up for it?

H NO... on all you said........ game needs to be linked as it was made and people still need to go through the same process to ascend....

Should it be made into more of a purely separate game? (or duplicated to accommodate for this) As to just allow people to sign up?

HELL NO!!.... why even bother to play it.... why is it a problem for people to go through ascension THE PROCESS WORKS ALL READY!

Should it be left as it was created to be, a 'secret' server allowable for people that have ascended in main? Mind you it's not exactly secret anymore...

YES .. leave.. it ..alone..you all ready got a new update in it LET THE FING THING SETTLE... good grief you think you got to keep tearing everything apart every few seconds GIVE US A BREAK for a year then come back we might be ready for some changes.

Should something else be done to it that i have missed out from above?

And again leave it alone for now ...... with the new buttons for attack and spy and DM ....work very nice good job it does cause a lot more farming but still good

This is just a general discussion about it, that wouldn't happen in the short term even if everyone wanted it (so think more future wise :P ). I'm just interested to see the general feel and consensus about the topic.

yes I did read this you do not need to let me know how this is just a discussion I KNOW all ready.

I like the ascended game how it is actually better then main ......main reason is that there is NO Market, NO black market, and NO trading you have to work to get where you want to be.... yes you can still get help through other accounts BUT that is still not a easy why to do it.
Last edited by Comador on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I AM

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

What would descension do to someone without a linked main page? Are they unable to log into their only account for two weeks?

I honestly don't really see a market for making the ascended server be "standalone" without a main account. All that will do is continue to let Main die pushing new potential players into just the ascended server. Think of it this way...what would you rather join? A game that takes a year at least to get your account fully ascended (and so you can play properly without being an easy target) or a game on ascended where you can work for a month or two and make yourself at least respectably protected. Now maybe this would increase the amount of people looking at joining a sgw server as a whole, but honestly we've seen time and time again whenever we've tried to make new servers or separate gameplay, that all it does is fracture an already shrinking community.

Now add on to that people who register for the ascended server attacking those who have main accounts. If I'm a beast on ascended and I descend you, but I have no main account, I am scott free to do what I want whereas the person I descended is stuck with no retribution for 2 weeks ingame and likely coming back to a beaten ascended account which will have a harder time fighting back.

Unless you unlink the two servers completely, allowing people who don't want to play ascended to not have to (with no negative affect to their main account), it won't be a fair system as some people will be forced to deal with two accounts, while others will be allowed to focus all their time and effort on just one.

That said, I don't think the servers should be unlinked either. That would kill ascended as, no matter how much I like to mass up there, I'm not going to waste time on another game that doesn't impact my main account where the majority of big fighting happens these days.

So no, I don't think this should be changed in either format. If you want to create a new server where people can sign up and play that's like ascended, be my guest. That might be able to spark some new interest, but it cannot impact the main or (normal) ascended server.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Ascended General”