Moderator Term Limits.

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: Moderator Term Limits.

Clarkey wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:After 1 year as a blue mod, if you can't progress to GM, then get out.
This is the dumbest thing you've said in this thread and you've said many dumb things in this thread. You do realise that there are like 17 blue mods compared to 5 green mods. So basically in 1 year 5 of those blue mods can progress to green mod if the green mods go or move but the other 12 blue mods "get out" because they were the unlucky ones.

Jeez no wonder this thread is so stupid you walked straight in with your foot in your mouth. I wonder why this didn't get any support. :-k

This was already addressed.
Tetrismonkey wrote:
Psyko wrote:It is my opinion that the experienced mods/admin/GM are valuable because they can provide new staff members with their knowledge and experience. Instituting a term limit for positions would remove that asset from the staff.

I also think many Mods are satisfied with their role in the community and do not wish to be GM or Admin. Requiring they be promoted or let go after a short term would make 90% of Mods lose their jobs, and that's only if any of them were promoted to one of the few GM spots. The forum doesn't have that many active users who wnat to or can be Mods.

I don't see the pros of a term limit for any forum staff position aside from Ombudsman. So no, I've not been contributing to finding a way for it to work, because I don't think it can.

Good points. :)

Clarkey, I believe Tetris has abandoned this idea. If you would like to get his personal take on it, might I suggest doing so via PM. He is more likely to respond, and you would not need to double-post and bump a thread which has a suggestion you do not support.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Moderator Term Limits.

If he has abandoned it then he should say so and have the thread locked.

Maybe next time before he posts such a suggestion he should think about the benefits to the forum before his personal interests in changing the staff.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”