2012 Awards Suggestions

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: 2012 Awards Suggestions

Psyko wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:Oh wait, theres a suggestion for you, get every who places a nomination to pay 5 Trill, then bung all the naq in pot to commission decent award sigs lol

What about those who no longer play the game? Might cause some commotion with only some people being required/asked to donate naq.

Great, there's another suggestion, people who dont play shouldnt get to nominate or vote

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:
Psyko wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:Oh wait, theres a suggestion for you, get every who places a nomination to pay 5 Trill, then bung all the naq in pot to commission decent award sigs lol

What about those who no longer play the game? Might cause some commotion with only some people being required/asked to donate naq.

Great, there's another suggestion, people who dont play shouldnt get to nominate or vote

What about people who don't play but are still part of the community? That isn't fair to stop them from nominating.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

MEZZANINE wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Even for poster of the year award? :smt104
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:
Psyko wrote:

Bad idea, very bad idea. It can't be judged whether someone plays because what if people don't want to identify who they are ingame especially if they are new?

Just becasue someone has quit the game doesn't mean they have quit the community.
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Rudy Pena wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:These are community awards, so the community should be involved in planning/ideas etc.
I'm going to post this up now, while its all fresh on our minds and I'll probably bump it again around october/november when we start actually working on them (so we can all look back at our own opinions!).

Post your constructive ideas for the awards for next year, right here.

Ideas for new awards?
Thoughts on existing ones? (Revising, removing, expanding etc)
Thoughts on the rules and regulations?
Things you would like to see be done differently etc.

Please try to keep it constructive, the only way to make something better is to work on improving it, not by tearing it apart. So everything constructive in this thread will be considered and talked about for the next awards, lets make the next set awesome!
I think a new rule for newcomer of the year should be, That if someone gets nominated, they will get there IP checked by all other accounts on the forum to make sure they really are a new comer. Not some returning player trying to pretend they are new.

A new award can be Best Forum Fighter of the Year.

pretty sure they do get researched before it goes to voting stage.. I know they did when JockPrincess tried to get new comer of the year.. lol helped that he had been in same as Soulous before though. Andy also got removed that year if memory serves.
I like to think SS would have negated Hopes nomination this year even if Hope hadn't self removed.

How about best/ most memoriable post of the year?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Psyko
The Irresistible

seraphim wrote:How about best/ most memoriable post of the year?

If it is one to be remembered it would likely already be quoted in someone's sig, and usually those are merely witty remarks. In my opinion, that is all the recognition required.

On another forum I frequent, there was a Best/Most Memorable Thread. The creator gets the credit. That would make more sense to me than people searching out singular posts.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

Fair enough, split the awards in to 2 sections, game awards and forum awards.

People who didnt play during the year the awards are for cant have any first hand knowledge of the people/alliances they are nominating/voting for in that year, so they cant make an informed decision IMO

On the sigs, a bit shout out to Tetris for making a replacement award sig that looks great.

I still think the maker of the award sigs should be paid for their time and effort, either by the winners or the voters/nominators, but I also think there should be an open competition to make the awards sigs.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Psyko
The Irresistible

MEZZANINE wrote:Fair enough, split the awards in to 2 sections, game awards and forum awards.

People who didnt play during the year the awards are for cant have any first hand knowledge of the people/alliances they are nominating/voting for in that year, so they cant make an informed decision IMO

I assumed this is how it is done, anyway. It is how I vote, at least. 8-[
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

MEZZANINE wrote:Fair enough, split the awards in to 2 sections, game awards and forum awards.

On the sigs, a bit shout out to Tetris for making a replacement award sig that looks great.

I still think the maker of the award sigs should be paid for their time and effort, either by the winners or the voters/nominators, but I also think there should be an open competition to make the awards sigs.

The problem is, that the forum/awards staff has no way of confirming, who has played in the last year.

If you make voting possible only for those who have an account at the time the awards are held you 1) make it possible for people to vote who have not played last year but do play now and 2) you make it impossible for people to vote who did play most of the previous year but do not have an account now.

I have always seen the awards as community awards and not game awards and they should stay that way.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Ingame check was done on the ombudsman elections. Once. Never again.

It was extremely complex, took a lot of time and did not have all that great a benefit, and that was on a small-scale project. Doing it on annual awards scale project would mean that it would take a lot of time to check.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

For bad sigs, nothing can beat the set that was a few years ago... It was utterly horrible. (and our work, so we can criticize it at will...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

VOID's were the best, so shiney. :-D
Image ImageImageImage
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we can no longer remember who created the award sig we've been using for a couple of years, but it is also a good piece of work.

Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Zeratul wrote:we can no longer remember who created the award sig we've been using for a couple of years, but it is also a good piece of work.
looking at link to the image I guess JOSH?
Image ImageImageImage
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

first gen award sig?

buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”