Tournament Match 2: Deathmatch

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Tournament Match 2: Deathmatch

I know what you mean dude, but I'm going to be someone punching bag just to see how it works.

I have to ask some questions because the rules posted when looking at the
The rules/gameplay/guidelines/QnA for this round are simple:

There are some conrtidictions.

1> is aweful harsh in my opinion. If I am reading it correctly when it gets down to 10 combatants 1 will be removed every 12 hrs. That means 2 things. The tournament will last only 5 more days max, and 2 the winner is not decided by 1 killing another, but by a game feature that removes the 1 who attacked less in the last 12 hrs. I must also ask what your definition of "(measured from how much they attack) " is. Does that mean total number of attacks, or is it based on AT used? Between 2 players who would get booted from the arena? Player A who attacked 1,000 times using 1 AT or player B who attacked 500 times using 5,000 AT?

Anyway, rule 1 contradicts other rules including 4, 5,

Being as I missed the first tournament, where do you get the funds to build and rebuild if there is no farming?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

To answer that last question; "there is no farming" is not accurate. There is farming, but your target list is reduced to only those in the Arena. So while you do get the occasional DMU hit, you don't get the massive supplies of DMU you would have outside of it. :) Hope that helps?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

it does, tho it still leaves me a bit confused, as to how one is able to defend themselves?

are all the militaries of all the accounts made equal or is your account going into the arena the same as it was in reality? So if I have 0 trained units, do I enter the arena with 0 trained units?

guess most questions will ge answered when I enter the areana, just trying to figure out what to expect mainly.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Lore wrote:it does, tho it still leaves me a bit confused, as to how one is able to defend themselves?

are all the militaries of all the accounts made equal or is your account going into the arena the same as it was in reality? So if I have 0 trained units, do I enter the arena with 0 trained units?

guess most questions will ge answered when I enter the areana, just trying to figure out what to expect mainly.

Last time:
We entered the arena with 500k planets in super defence which are armed and i think we had a little in covert and assassins. With def power 1300 that gives you a defense of 37quad ish. You then get a certain amount of planets that you can put into what you want. You receive an income based on your untrained and labor planets but get no more planets except for getting kills.
The only things you keep when you enter the arena are your CS and physical levels.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Lore wrote:I know what you mean dude, but I'm going to be someone punching bag just to see how it works.

I have to ask some questions because the rules posted when looking at the
The rules/gameplay/guidelines/QnA for this round are simple:

There are some conrtidictions.

1> is aweful harsh in my opinion. If I am reading it correctly when it gets down to 10 combatants 1 will be removed every 12 hrs. That means 2 things. The tournament will last only 5 more days max, and 2 the winner is not decided by 1 killing another, but by a game feature that removes the 1 who attacked less in the last 12 hrs. I must also ask what your definition of "(measured from how much they attack) " is. Does that mean total number of attacks, or is it based on AT used? Between 2 players who would get booted from the arena? Player A who attacked 1,000 times using 1 AT or player B who attacked 500 times using 5,000 AT?

Anyway, rule 1 contradicts other rules including 4, 5,

Being as I missed the first tournament, where do you get the funds to build and rebuild if there is no farming?

what do you mean by rule 4 and 5?
Either way the inactive kill is supposed to stop deadlocks from happening, it will now stop when there are 3 people left in the arena.
I was going to base it off how many planets killed by a user but that's pretty much unfair so it i based it off of their turns used for hostile actions only.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Jim wrote:
Lore wrote:it does, tho it still leaves me a bit confused, as to how one is able to defend themselves?

Last time:
We entered the arena with 500k planets in super defence which are armed and i think we had a little in covert and assassins. With def power 1300 that gives you a defense of 37quad ish. You then get a certain amount of planets that you can put into what you want. You receive an income based on your untrained and labor planets but get no more planets except for getting kills.
The only things you keep when you enter the arena are your CS and physical levels.

It's easier if you just enter the arena for your self lore (if you can) you will understand it much better.

Upon entering the arena a user is given a stock standard (given to all players) with variable untrained units (depending on their levels in respect to the average levels)
last round every person was given....
1 bill assass
1 bill intel
1 bill income
5 bill UU
500 mill super def with 500 mill of the best weapons.

the average level of a certain level is taken from all competitors, if a users level is found less than the average they are given more UU planets for compensation, maybe not as much as they would like but that's their fault :razz:.
Although the 'stock standard' might variate, and the how to kill someone might variate as well (if i ever get time now :P)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Yeah thats what I said Sol, most will prolly become clear after the first day, was just wondering what to expect is all, and I misspoke, it was not rule 4 and 5 but points 4 and 5

4. Once you are in the realm, you CANNOT get out until you are slaughtered by someone, if you want to get out early you will need to beg someone to kill you. You cannot influence otherwise outside of the arena (and vice versa).
5. Some functions are disabled by the tournament overlords and will be enabled after you either get slaughered or win the tournamnet, this is usually to deter you from wasting time.

These contradict

1. When there are 10 people in the arena, attack turns gained on turn change will double and the player that is least active (measured from how much they attack)
will be removed from the arena (happens at set points in time, every 12 hours)
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:Yeah thats what I said Sol, most will prolly become clear after the first day, was just wondering what to expect is all, and I misspoke, it was not rule 4 and 5 but points 4 and 5

4. Once you are in the realm, you CANNOT get out until you are slaughtered by someone, if you want to get out early you will need to beg someone to kill you. You cannot influence otherwise outside of the arena (and vice versa).
5. Some functions are disabled by the tournament overlords and will be enabled after you either get slaughered or win the tournamnet, this is usually to deter you from wasting time.

These contradict

1. When there are 10 people in the arena, attack turns gained on turn change will double and the player that is least active (measured from how much they attack)
will be removed from the arena (happens at set points in time, every 12 hours)

How is it contradictory?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Witch_King
Forum Newbie

saying you cannot get out unless killed by someone, and then saying you will be "kicked" out after 12 hours
Hydra
Forum Grunt
Alliance: HVE
ID: 1987017

Common sense. Point 1 will obviously overrule points 4 and 5, which will only apply when number of players is >10
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Just semantics.

In other news. It has begun.
Taegu
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 16142
Alternate name(s): Kvarga (name Im currently using)

Someone is tearing the place up, but I dont know who :o
With 25,841,782,024,432 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 13381344 of ™Lord Of DestructiOn's Covert Ops!
Motivation of the day:
harchester: LOL this will be the easiest win ive ever seen...enjoy LoD
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

07:20:52 on 7th Mar Gunkata [] Zith 64
First one to fall. Grats to all three involved ;)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

OK? o naq and no strike from the start? I wasn't expecting that LOL

OK? turn change and no income?
Last edited by Lore on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason, youll get dead.
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Lore wrote:OK? o naq and no strike from the start? I wasn't expecting that LOL

Patience old man.