You've all fallen for it, thanks alot.

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: You've all fallen for it, thanks alot.

You guys don't think admin messed up?
Lol, farming inactive people has always been a huge part of the game - use your turns wisely for they are limited. 7k ATs worth of naq (the most one can hold after admin added the limits due to feeders, instead of just banning them and leaving us with another strategy we could utilize) used to be worth A LOT, now 7k ATs worth of naq is not worth anything at all anymore.

The problem isn't with how much naq can one get, the problem is that inactives grow the way they do, and 10% of everyone's UP is automatically trained in miners, just so that inactives have income big enough for people to be able to farm them. Army size and number of miners used to be the only requirements for the income to be "comparable". Now income is all about amp levels which is why inactives don't produce enough naq compared to some people. This is very, very simple to figure out and admin should have figured it out before even launching the game live and should add the code which would make amp level of inactives' miners grow proportionally to the growth of top amp level. An easier way would be just to make inactives have exactly 10% of top income, no more, no less, at any given time.
USSs wouldn't give such ridiculous advantages any more and it'd be actually worth to farm people.

Man, it used to be waaay more simple without all the limitations and when admin actually gave a damn about the game and coded it properly, so no one could really get such a ridiculous advantage as there were fail-saves to prevent that from happening. There was also no real need for limitations like there are now. But of course, it requires coding the game properly which takes time and effort..

So while Hippy did choose the right strategy (kudos mate), without buying his way up, the strategy shouldn't give him such an advantage if everything was coded the way it was supposed to be.
If you still think that the game was coded properly then I guess you don't know why the 10% of UUs being automatically trained into miners was added, or why UP and techs are getting cheaper, why UP automatically increases, etc. The biggest mistake of them all was that USS gives 1,5 days of top income. That's probably the biggest mistake admin has made so far, at least the biggest mistake that stuck around for more than just one era, that is.

PS: My guess is that game's gonna be broken again due to such big numbers being achieved anyway so Hippy and Draza will soon be playing in a bugged-field.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Scenester
Forum Regular

alucard110 wrote:I think the biggest problem is that we all had some "teething problems" at the start of the era and as such couldn't immediately decide on the best tactics to follow...

That being said, there were those amongst us that did follow the "Best" path to follow for the era very early on...

I would have loved to have been one of the above mentioned individuals, but alas i am not, i went and boosted ahead on UP... *buyers remorse*

And I think that the amount of NAQ from supporter status's is based heavily on top Income... ponder that thought... (Hippy i'm sure you could put that to bed)...

There is only 1 person who used that tactic, and that is Hippy.
The rest DONATED, in fact I think hippy donated by now aswell, even if it only were a 10$ for ppt, it doesn't matter.
So apart from Hippy, if even him, there are no ''natural talent's'' in this game who got a great strategy, they all donated...
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Khodym
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

What I think they should have done is, seeming you cannot de-amp your units... you could murder them. :D Then being "trapped" with too large a unit production wouldn't matter. Wouldn't have to suicide covert to up them... heh.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:

PS: My guess is that game's gonna be broken again due to such big numbers being achieved anyway so Hippy and Draza will soon be playing in a bugged-field.

~Jack

I think you are right. I don't see how the numbers are going to stay stable for very long. A few more weeks should be ok, but within a month or so I think we might max out numbers.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
XaoC
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1915439
Alternate name(s): Flash

he he, now daily units gets from best UP (Hippy or Draza) this wave only for them or someone buy 2-3 USS and destroy him :) restart of 4 players play (Hippy, Draza, Elg, Blood)
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

I for one refuse to buy any USS this Era, although I am prone to do so in the past to try and gain a competitive advantage when needed. My RL work always seems to get in the way of staying at the Q server every day, so I unashamedly try to make up for my failings with $$ donations. Is it shameful to an extent? Yes, except that donations have ALWAYS been a part of the Q server playing field. I have been donating to the wieners in California since 2005, I guess early on supplementing their beer and pizza money in college, and now later maybe buying some diapers for their kids (assuming these pricks have ever actually graduated university, gotten married, and have other real life jobs as well?? that may be asking a lot...). One would have to SERIOUSLY question if they ever got a job as software engineers, etc. (i.e. ANYTHING in the software coding field... HAHA) but over the years they have done OK keeping me entertained on the sleepless nights I come home from a long azz support trip and cannot sleep. Uhhh, also I guess something to do in the middle of the night when two old dogs needed to go out to pee and roam the farm for a while...

(Editors note: BOTH of Affy's two old dogs have since passed away, ending an ERA of late night Quantum mistakes, and ending my 3AM EST Forum rants, alas, the last one was TOO hurtful to even make a Forum story about... Sorry!)

Now, back to whatever I was trying to make a point about?? HAHA

Heck, why would I want to start making a quick point or sense now?? Right?

ANyways... I do not believe Admin made purposeful Coding errors that would lead to an environment that would cause purposeful Donations! Why? Because that would be attributing a genious level coding instinct that we have observed over the past 6-7 years would NOT be the case. Once again, this Era's Special Feature started out as a GREAT idea, that was frakked up by some quick and (maybe) lazy coding. I guess at this point we should be grateful that they even change the coding drastically between Eras at all. We have seen Era's where Gods just become Dragons, right?? HAHA

I am assuming that this Era is just coding that started off as a great change, but a few less than spectacular ratio multipliers took what could have been a SUPER Era feature and made it one that a particular strategy could dominate. Is there any surprise that our legendary Hippy found it?? We start off every Era PMing back and forth with Hippy/HE/myself and a few others trying to 'hone' in on what the strategy looks to be, then those guys tell me (since I am too GD math illiterate to figure it out for myself) and then we all try to supply 90% of the info to everyone in the Q Forums! That is how we usually try to make each Q Era as competitive as it can be!

This is just one of those random cases where by the time we discover the best "strategy" that one strategy was already dominating, and the rest were self-deprecating!! HAHA
Too bad for me I immediately jumped on pushing UP and large army size. Am I pouting now?? Yes.
But the nice thing about Q is another Era will come along soon.....

Personally, although I feel that my many, many donations even since Q Beta have helped Admin and given them incentive to keep my favorite late night dalliance online for so many years (and YOUR WELCOME to everyone else who has NEVER donated!! if there were never Donations this Q server would have stopped years ago!!) I just don't feel inclined to reward Admin for making Affy a non-entity this Era cause I was stupid! HAHAHA

Is it fair that I have a nice paying civilian salary and sometimes choose to pizz away my hard earned cash supporting this silly game? Maybe not, but I do feel it is required to supply my habit.

All the other reasons that make this Era sooo inequitable I cannot argue with, mainly because we all asked for them to make Q a server that anyone could start weeks into an Era and still compete and finish Top 10 (maybe NOT Top 5) and enjoy the Era:
1. Having a daily influx of new Troops be based upon the Top UP in the game.
2. Having Techs level purchase pro-rated prices be based upon the Top Tech level.
3. Tie the UP next Upgrade price to be pro-rated/discounted based upon the Top UP.
4. Having SS Support Donation resources be based upon the TOP in the game, not just your own pathetic levels.

All of these were instilled in the game in the spirit of giving the 'least' of us a chance to compete with the 'best' of us.

So, I think we should rally around and be satisfied that WE, ALL of us have always tried to make the game the MOST competitive it can always be!!

Every now and again though, a Great ADMIN idea can just become a complete Frak job... Thats all!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
(But NEVER intentional...)

I still pout in my pathetic Era play this Era though... I am trying to build myself up as a farm, (meaning I need to get some MAX Income and retain it for long enough to AMP my stupid GD weakling Miners...) but if I get Sabbed back down to nothingness again by any Fraktard cheapskate NAQ mongering doodie-heads again I will just stop my efforts and wait for next Era? Got it??

'Bad Affy' says... Wow, Affy showing a little spunk! There is hope for him yet...
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Regular

Affirmation wrote:~Great story here~

Affy I don't think anyone would have given two sjits about wheter it was certain that Hippy had won from the day everyone figured out how this era works.
Its just that one cannot even catch decent glory right now because 10 others who didn't have half Hippy's brain are now untouchable and inviceble to anyone who hasn't spend money or is called Hippy.
Playing for rank one is mkay, never really tried, but right now we (the non donaters) would have to fight over rank friggin 11?!? there is nothing better one can get without $.

Im no longer going to play this era apart from loggin in to spend that weekly bonus on bank 20%.
Feel free to add me as commander, will set it to 30%, income right now 130+B dunno if that makes you more then being someone elses officer who has tons of officers?..

Either way Le Scenester = out.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Scenester wrote:

Affy I don't think anyone would have given two sjits about wheter it was certain that Hippy had won from the day everyone figured out how this era works.
Its just that one cannot even catch decent glory right now because 10 others who didn't have half Hippy's brain are now untouchable and inviceble to anyone who hasn't spend money or is called Hippy.
Playing for rank one is mkay, never really tried, but right now we (the non donaters) would have to fight over rank friggin 11?!? there is nothing better one can get without $.

Im no longer going to play this era apart from loggin in to spend that weekly bonus on bank 20%.
Feel free to add me as commander, will set it to 30%, income right now 130+B dunno if that makes you more then being someone elses officer who has tons of officers?..

I call dibs on farming you!

And I'll fight for rank 11 for both of us :smt025
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Abhi wrote:
Scenester wrote:

Well.... Since the beginning of the previous era I've been telling myself, "Jimbo, you're going to finish rank 11 in era 30, and you are going to like it." So Abhi, if you don't mind, I'd like to take rank 11. Rumor has it that no one has dibs on rank 12 though...
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Jimbo 5.3 wrote:
Abhi wrote:
Scenester wrote:

Well.... Since the beginning of the previous era I've been telling myself, "Jimbo, you're going to finish rank 11 in era 30, and you are going to like it." So Abhi, if you don't mind, I'd like to take rank 11. Rumor has it that no one has dibs on rank 12 though...

Maybe you guys should just aim for 12. :-"
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
maninho
Forum Newbie

grrrrrrrrr leave my 12th allone :)
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Está na minha lista dos mais procurados. Você vai sofrer.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

General Riviera wrote:Está na minha lista dos mais procurados. Você vai sofrer.
:lol: Você é tão perigoso, Generalissimo.

;)
[spoiler]You are so dangerous[/spoiler]
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

He's going to get beaten within an inch of his quantum-based life.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

ربهالنوع wrote:
General Riviera wrote:Está na minha lista dos mais procurados. Você vai sofrer.
:lol: Você é tão perigoso, Generalissimo.

;)
[spoiler]You are so dangerous[/spoiler]

Oosto Estoo What botho of you saido...
(Affy still pouting, coming home from a 20 hour work day, tired as hell, and too tired to use BabelFish to see what the GD MthFrick you both were saying!! HAHAHA)

'Bad Affy' sez... And did you tell them about the severe 'Caffiene road runs' you had also?? 8-[

EDIT: Stupid Affy sez... guess if I was not so tired maybe I would have looked at Juliette's Spoiler?? ](*,)
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “General”