Plague increase, make it quicker

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Plague increase, make it quicker

I would like to suggest that the current plague's increase per day should be bigger.
I don't really know how the increase is calculated, but I would say it should be 1.5x or even 2x (maybe too much; 2x) the current daily speed increase, because it's not so fun to have so many people around the plague, and considering the -understandable- limits put to growth beyond plague, something must be done on this matter. This way growth would be neither "boring" (spend on UP/Covert due to very limiting plague growth) nor "only for the richest" (like Phoenix's suggestion seems to be to me, about increasing the limits by 5x at once).

Also, while doing that, increase at the same speed and % the trade/raid limits. But not so sure about it.

note: if you total population size is greater than 575,890,411 disease will surely strike your lands. Above 431,917,808 and raiding is no longer possible. Above 287,945,205 and trading/buying units no longer possible.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Plague increase, make it quicker

You have NO idea what your talking about.. IF ANYTHING plague needs to be reduced...

Let me ask you, have you ever been above plague? Have you ever seen the affects outside of a dev server last reset in November?

Double army losses... more than the largest raw UP in the game in death rate for only a few units above plague.. No officer UP.. Death rate increases DRASTICLY by the unit.. and then doubles every 200m UU..

Its not that people are close to the plague because they can't reach it, they stay below plague because thanks to feri hitting 1 bill raw army (and a few months later me) plague was increased (a lot) and nobody wants to beat it so they purposefully kill off their units to stay below it..

The only way anyone could reach 1 bill army now is getting two USS every week for a month with a 6m UP (officer UP not included)
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[-X
Jim is talking about the cap. (See the thing he quoted?) Not the death rate, but the cap.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Oh.. Appologies Jim.. I stopped reading before the 'and considering'..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

ربهالنوع wrote:[-X
Jim is talking about the cap. (See the thing he quoted?) Not the death rate, but the cap.

Indeed...
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I do quite agree with the rest of your post by the way, Kikaz.

@Jim: Good point. :) The increase should speed up over time. (i.e. grow quicker as more time passes)
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

We were never given a reason why he cut it to 1/4 of what it once was to begin with.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Game Suggestions”