Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Calibretto
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: back to drawingboard

Re: Tournament 3: Deathmatch (no autoboot!)

Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:SoL, if you have the time, please create a top 10 of tournamentplayers as well, its fun.

:smt060

top 10 of what mate? most kills?

for example and of previous tournamentwinners. Maybe other suggestions?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Seeing how the 'Top Ten' is basically a free-recon-fest, I do not believe there is much to be gained from watching this specific to Arenas.

Of course, I am completely in favour of extremely detailed Arena historical statistics. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Cersei Lannister wrote:Seeing how the 'Top Ten' is basically a free-recon-fest, I do not believe there is much to be gained from watching this specific to Arenas.

Of course, I am completely in favour of extremely detailed Arena historical statistics. ;)

;) I only record the kills, permanently, logs are stripped after the arena, and the personal logs will vanish normally (two weeks or whatever it is).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Cersei Lannister wrote:Seeing how the 'Top Ten' is basically a free-recon-fest, I do not believe there is much to be gained from watching this specific to Arenas.

Well, I cant explain it in details very well, but I mean indeed statistics where the previous winners are listed; previous top3 or top10. Maybe a little less then extremely detailed, but detailed is ok :)

We dont want to make you even more intelligent then you already are :-D
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Calibretto wrote:We dont want to make you even more intelligent then you already are :-D

HA! Hilarious! *sits back watching Sol's head grow bigger and wonders how he's gonna get through the door*
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Calibretto
Forum Expert

GhostyGoo wrote:
Calibretto wrote:We dont want to make you even more intelligent then you already are :-D

HA! Hilarious! *sits back watching Sol's head grow bigger and wonders how he's gonna get through the door*

Well I was actually talking to her... :smt005

Ghosty we cant have sols head grow bigger, we still need him
Last edited by Calibretto on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sol
Forum Addict

Calibretto wrote:

Well, I cant explain it in details very well, but I mean indeed statistics where the previous winners are listed; previous top3 or top10. Maybe a little less then extremely detailed, but detailed is ok :)

I could do that, but not now, no point really, we have only had a handful of tournaments...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

I could do that, but not now, no point really, we have only had a handful of tournaments...
Something like Quantum's Legends could work? :) http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/legends ... ntumVerses

:-D No need to reinvent a wheel. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

Something like Quantum's Legends could work? :) http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/legends ... ntumVerses

hmm...the problem is we anticipate that people will be demolished, and so there will be always little to no stats on anyone :P.

I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).
So in essence it will display what you roughly get per each tournament, perhaps i could use the trapezoidal approximation instead...

We do already have an overall rank for the past games in kill history.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

hmm...the problem is we anticipate that people will be demolished, and so there will be always little to no stats on anyone :P.
True. But list the 'highest' stats people build instead? :P
Sol wrote:I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).
So in essence it will display what you roughly get per each tournament, perhaps i could use the trapezoidal approximation instead...
My word. That sounds exquisite. :-D I understood exactly 93% of that, and the idea I got out of that, is good. ;)
Calibretto
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).

:smt060 :smt060...love it...on the other hand...I never was in the other tounaments :(
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Calibretto wrote:
Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

:smt060 :smt060...love it...on the other hand...I never was in the other tounaments :(
div-null error risk! :o
Sol
Forum Addict

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:hmm...the problem is we anticipate that people will be demolished, and so there will be always little to no stats on anyone :P.
True. But list the 'highest' stats people build instead? :P

Could I suppose, it's possible, but it would require constant checks and such and a bit of a hustle in the DB.

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:I just thought of something, like a sort of average tournament rank, pretty much adds your tournament ranks together, divides by how many tournaments you entered and sorts accordingly (including how many you actually entered, so it stops someone from just entering 1 tournament, getting rank 1 and just not entering any others).

My word. That sounds exquisite. :-D I understood exactly 93% of that, and the idea I got out of that, is good. ;)

It's practically an average of your outcome in each tournament, then ranked against others.
Example (out of 3 tournaments):
Player A: rank 1, rank 5, rank 2, AV=2.67
Player B: rank 2, rank 1, rank 1, AV=1.33
Player C: didnt enter, rank 3, rank 3, AV= (However many people entered the first + 3 +3)/3
if we assume in the first tournament 5 people played then player C's average is 3.667

So player B's tournament skill rank is 1, Player A's is rank 2, and player C is rank 3

The rank effectively shows how likely you are to get rank 1 or very close to rank 1 in any given tournament, so it's practically showing how skilled and tactical a fighter you are in a pressured environment.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Calibretto wrote:
Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

(Inverse rank 0 ) +1, ultimate div-null turn around :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Calibretto wrote:
Sol wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:
Sol wrote:
Calibretto wrote:

(Inverse rank 0 ) +1, ultimate div-null turn around :razz:
Boom, snap! I got mathed. [-X You are so evil. Keep it up, it leads to good things. :P

Return to “Tournament Discussion”