Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

In order to go live

Curiosity:

As players:

What things in Newgrounds would you want to see fixed or changed still before you would feel it was ready to get totally reset and made live?

What things would you like changed, but would rather see fixed after the game goes live to get things moving?
almightythor88
Forum Grunt

Re: In order to go live

I am a little confused by what it says when you ascend to main.

Should I ascend?
You lose nothing by ascending (except 1 week of gameplay here to give you a chance to try main, and your weapons/techs/stats/etc like you usually do when ascending...).
You get a powerful account in the main server to try it out.
You get LEVEL 25 ascended level here.

Does that mean after the week of vacation you can log into the account both on main and on NG?
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN
- TUK
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Freestyle304 wrote:Curiosity:

As players:

What things in Newgrounds would you want to see fixed or changed still before you would feel it was ready to get totally reset and made live?

What things would you like changed, but would rather see fixed after the game goes live to get things moving?

It's no where near live. There are still many balance issues to address, such as Ascension bonus being 100%, techs to easily available, and Naq on the makret giving too easy a boost. All this leads to a economy inflating over 10 times that of main, sometimes it seems more like 100 or more times.

Every reset the average farm reaches that of main (say 30 bil) within two weeks. Within a month Naq and techs are at a ridiculious amount, with the latter reaching it's limits. Ascensions aren't limited by time like on main (takes atleast 2 weeks to get G&R), but by units and tech. It's easy to get Ascended without the lower time limit of 2 weeks of main. It's totally off the gameplay of main.

Also add the fact that there are STILL no unit losses on attack a month later, and now issues with mothership loss, and you have a real problem. Also Jason hasn't been on here to see any feedback for months, so don't expect any fixes soon. :smt021
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

i want this Blitzkreig to be fixed and work.and bann anyoane who try to cheat..this wil be a little hard

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Actually, trying to cheat while the game is in Beta is a good thing. Better have all possible exploits removed before going live, would you not agree? ;)
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

LuBu wrote:

As players:

It's no where near live. There are still many balance issues to address, such as Ascension bonus being 100%, techs to easily available, and Naq on the makret giving too easy a boost. All this leads to a economy inflating over 10 times that of main, sometimes it seems more like 100 or more times.

Every reset the average farm reaches that of main (say 30 bil) within two weeks. Within a month Naq and techs are at a ridiculious amount, with the latter reaching it's limits. Ascensions aren't limited by time like on main (takes atleast 2 weeks to get G&R), but by units and tech. It's easy to get Ascended without the lower time limit of 2 weeks of main. It's totally off the gameplay of main.

Also add the fact that there are STILL no unit losses on attack a month later, and now issues with mothership loss, and you have a real problem. Also Jason hasn't been on here to see any feedback for months, so don't expect any fixes soon. :smt021

You write as though you think I was suggesting that the game is ready to go live lol. Hardly. Still, many of your objections are not thought out as well as you appear to believe that they are.

First, speeding the game up greatly by making resources easily achievable is common in beta testing so that more facets of the game can be explored in a constricted time frame. OF COURSE, it ramps up quickly. You couldn't beta test well if it weren't. Slowing things down is simple and isn't really a balance issue. Balance is about how the different elements of the game relate to one another. Only your comment about boosts from ascending really relate to this.

Second, why should it matter if the gameplay departs from main? It is supposed to allow people to get to higher main ascension levels much faster than doing it through main. I agree that it is still too fast, but again, that makes sense for a beta.

So, useful things you said:
Need to fix/adjust: attacker losses, MS losses, reduce ascension bonus

Obvious things you said:
Slow it down and reduce inflation so it doesn't look like a beta anymore.

By the way, I'm not sure that I mind the ascension bonus being huge in this realm. It's kind of interesting and not as big a deal as it seems in my opinion. Sure, going from 1 to 2 is HUGE, but everyone will be doing that very rapidly. Going from 19 to 20 though is just a 5.3% increase and, once things are slowed down, represents giving up a lot of hard-earned development and your whole army. That will probably hurt. Starting from scratch for a 5% increase to the value of each unit will take a long time to pay off. In the mean time, players that don't ascend will be able to bully the people that do - an interesting dynamic if you are mainly interested in NG and not just getting another main account.

------------
@SuperSaiyan - I agree that the main benefit for NG always seemed to be to revitalize main, but I think that keeping the NG account active will be necessary or NG will wind up a ghost town. Isn't that what you would do if you had to choose? Ramp up an NG account, go to main with it, and then ignore NG?
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

If the rumors of 37/37 for newgrounds accounts are true I'll quit.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

Juliette wrote:Actually, trying to cheat while the game is in Beta is a good thing. Better have all possible exploits removed before going live, would you not agree? ;)

Haha yeah you are right there! A little cheating never hurts! Its become a fashion recently, rather interesting to watch, yet to much effort to join in for my liking though. :o
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Freestyle304 wrote:
LuBu wrote:

As players:

You write as though you think I was suggesting that the game is ready to go live lol. Hardly. Still, many of your objections are not thought out as well as you appear to believe that they are.

First, speeding the game up greatly by making resources easily achievable is common in beta testing so that more facets of the game can be explored in a constricted time frame. OF COURSE, it ramps up quickly. You couldn't beta test well if it weren't. Slowing things down is simple and isn't really a balance issue. Balance is about how the different elements of the game relate to one another. Only your comment about boosts from ascending really relate to this.

Second, why should it matter if the gameplay departs from main? It is supposed to allow people to get to higher main ascension levels much faster than doing it through main. I agree that it is still too fast, but again, that makes sense for a beta.

So, useful things you said:
Need to fix/adjust: attacker losses, MS losses, reduce ascension bonus

Obvious things you said:
Slow it down and reduce inflation so it doesn't look like a beta anymore.

By the way, I'm not sure that I mind the ascension bonus being huge in this realm. It's kind of interesting and not as big a deal as it seems in my opinion. Sure, going from 1 to 2 is HUGE, but everyone will be doing that very rapidly. Going from 19 to 20 though is just a 5.3% increase and, once things are slowed down, represents giving up a lot of hard-earned development and your whole army. That will probably hurt. Starting from scratch for a 5% increase to the value of each unit will take a long time to pay off. In the mean time, players that don't ascend will be able to bully the people that do - an interesting dynamic if you are mainly interested in NG and not just getting another main account.

------------
@SuperSaiyan - I agree that the main benefit for NG always seemed to be to revitalize main, but I think that keeping the NG account active will be necessary or NG will wind up a ghost town. Isn't that what you would do if you had to choose? Ramp up an NG account, go to main with it, and then ignore NG?

No idea what you are basing your thoughts on.

You think too much of Jason. He hasn't made it faster and changed things for beta other than ascending. He hasn't stated in anyway that he was going to change the economy on release within the discussions on these forums. He's sped it up enough by increasing the ascensions bi-weekly. The fact that he limited techs previously shows he's readily happy to change the economy within the beta testing for the finished thing, and not after to slow it down to match the apparent "speed up" as it is now.

The only thing sped up, as stated, is the fact he's ascending people manually every few weeks. Even that forced ascension can be beaten by players in the game normally, as pointed out in a post by someone else who ascended to 12+ within days on one reset. Yes it's currently with an sped up ascended economy and cheating, but all they both do is increase the apparent outcome to weeks; they do not change the outcome of what it could really be like in the server as early as 6 months time on release with a high inflation. So there is evidence that it could be possible, within a few months, for people to ascend as fast as they can in beta now.

If the first few people do manage to reach a high ascension and get to main with keeping their account, isn't the economy on the server is going to be silly? Naq is easily available on the market based on the income of the top players. This can mean the next lot of players (after the first few to get to main) can build silly accounts increasingly easy. The shared Naq on the market is an idea which needs to be taken out. Maybe it'll be fairer then, as i'll explain below.

If it's 30 Ascensions to main, that's 30x income for all those who are new in 6 months time who want to go to main. Plus the benefits from techs (income as one), which are overpowered. That could easily be 300-500+% income on top of the ascension bonus. All available from the market three times, once a week, as a lump nearly equal to a 30th's ascension's daily income. Also available are free farms from those inactive, also based on possibly high ascensions or income tech. That could be put back into the godly tensor tech to get the anscension points quickly and zoom up through.

I have, with others, been playing NG since the first ascension with the slower economy. I've seen how it becomes over time and things turn out. Not much has been changed since then.

It won't take that long at all for those in the future to get to main with that much Naq floating around. I wouldn't say it's fair to older players. It could end up that in the future people will happily play Newgrounds for as short as two weeks to make a 20th ascension account. We may even be flooded by influxes of new high accounts made with 2 weeks effort. I, as a three year old player who hasn't reached that level myself, am pretty annoyed. That is the worse case scenario though i'll admit.

I agree with Super Saiyan. It should either be a pre-main server in which players lose their accounts when they go to main (which won't effect those new players in time to come and is fair), or a seperate server in itself with its own politics. It can't be both. I myself wouldn't mind it being a seperate server (with a few changes of course.)

Return to “New Grounds General”