Bring back raiding?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"

Bring back raiding with at least those conditions?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes: 61
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Bring back raiding?

wardyward wrote:
wardyward wrote:so they can only take say:
2 mill per 15AT if at 5 bill size
1 mill per 15AT if at 10 bill size
500k per 15AT if at 20 bill size

Rough maths based on blowing through 4k turns

2 mill per 15AT if at 5 bill size / gain 532 mill planets per 4k turns used
1 mill per 15AT if at 10 bill size / gain 266 mill planets per 4k turns used
500k per 15AT if at 20 bill size / gain 133 mill planets per 4k turns used

This would allow for growth but not to fast to undermine the hard work of the players who have great accounts, also by having a limit like this, you would have to choose how to grow, do I go for levels or do I go for size.

](*,)

Ok if people didn't read certain things here is how it will pan out :
the raid cap will be proportional to the average CER (considering planet count but CER would do just fine), so the cap will look something like 500 mill to 1-2 bill ish tops (for planet count).
Alliances wont be able to make massive accounts because they won't be able to raid if they are over 1-2 bill ish planet count.
If you happen to get under that planet count because you were massed to hell then congrats, you may raid. If you are over and you do not want to be raided then either train you untrained planets like you should, or build a defence. You will be up against noobs with 1-2 bill planet size, they will build small attacks so man up.

This new raiding feature was to ensue noobs getting a bit of planet count faster, they still have to farm the dmu to get where they want, they still have to convert to life force, they still have to gain turns as slow as everyone else, they still have to build a CER just like every other damn person that plays ascended, they will just get more planets faster, which gives us more farms in the long term and MORE importantly it helps prevent new ascenders from just walking away from ascended because they don't want to persevere a little bit to get to the greener grass.

You need to remember they can only attack 1/5, 5x, so if they are at a planet count of 1 bill (probably the max raid cap) then they can only find a max of 5 bill untrained planets, IF they can even find that. What they get from a raid will be somewhere in the vicinity of 1-2% of the total untrained count, with a full turn attack.
They still start with crap all planets which means they can only raid crap all planets and they still have to work there way up.

If you plan to dip under the raid cap to farm better then good luck finding decent farms with a max of 5 bill planets.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

For the sake of the long discussion, weeding out problems and such, I have allowed re-voting for people who have changed their minds.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
wardyward wrote:
wardyward wrote:so they can only take say:
2 mill per 15AT if at 5 bill size
1 mill per 15AT if at 10 bill size
500k per 15AT if at 20 bill size

Rough maths based on blowing through 4k turns

2 mill per 15AT if at 5 bill size / gain 532 mill planets per 4k turns used
1 mill per 15AT if at 10 bill size / gain 266 mill planets per 4k turns used
500k per 15AT if at 20 bill size / gain 133 mill planets per 4k turns used

This would allow for growth but not to fast to undermine the hard work of the players who have great accounts, also by having a limit like this, you would have to choose how to grow, do I go for levels or do I go for size.

](*,)

Ok if people didn't read certain things here is how it will pan out :
the raid cap will be proportional to the average CER (considering planet count but CER would do just fine), so the cap will look something like 500 mill to 1-2 bill ish tops (for planet count).
Alliances wont be able to make massive accounts because they won't be able to raid if they are over 1-2 bill ish planet count.
If you happen to get under that planet count because you were massed to hell then congrats, you may raid. If you are over and you do not want to be raided then either train you untrained planets like you should, or build a defence. You will be up against noobs with 1-2 bill planet size, they will build small attacks so man up.
To bad you can't even admit the problem with this statement. Get raided by noobies, or get masses to hell and lose all your planets by the elders, or just be happy being a farm. Nice way to get shed of the casual plyers and force more people into the sniper lifestyle to survive.

This new raiding feature was to ensue noobs getting a bit of planet count faster, they still have to farm the dmu to get where they want, they still have to convert to life force, they still have to gain turns as slow as everyone else, they still have to build a CER just like every other damn person that plays ascended, they will just get more planets faster, which gives us more farms in the long term and MORE importantly it helps prevent new ascenders from just walking away from ascended because they don't want to persevere a little bit to get to the greener grass.

You need to remember they can only attack 1/5, 5x, so if they are at a planet count of 1 bill (probably the max raid cap) then they can only find a max of 5 bill untrained planets, IF they can even find that. What they get from a raid will be somewhere in the vicinity of 1-2% of the total untrained count, with a full turn attack.
They still start with crap all planets which means they can only raid crap all planets and they still have to work there way up.

If you plan to dip under the raid cap to farm better then good luck finding decent farms with a max of 5 bill planets.

So you are saying the max that can be raided is 2 bill planets? and that it will grow in time? That is so small its funny to me but that I could live with. I still say the 5 times/1 fifth rule should should be written to a 3 bill minimum so all under cap accounts are in the same basket.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
d3stroyer_69
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: lonewolfs
Race: UnKnown of tolah
ID: 1943805

Why not just start everyone off at 2b planets :-"
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:If you happen to get under that planet count because you were massed to hell then congrats, you may raid. If you are over and you do not want to be raided then either train you untrained planets like you should, or build a defence. You will be up against noobs with 1-2 bill planet size, they will build small attacks so man up.
To bad you can't even admit the problem with this statement. Get raided by noobies, or get masses to hell and lose all your planets by the elders, or just be happy being a farm. Nice way to get shed of the casual plyers and force more people into the sniper lifestyle to survive.

How will that force them into a sniper lifestyle? Do you expect the noobs to keep raiding the same person that masses them?
Lore wrote:So you are saying the max that can be raided is 2 bill planets? and that it will grow in time? That is so small its funny to me but that I could live with. I still say the 5 times/1 fifth rule should should be written to a 3 bill minimum so all under cap accounts are in the same basket.

I would expect the max to be around 1-2 bill mark, although that will be based on the average CER so yes it will grow. The actual proportion is up for debate but I would expect it to not exceed something of 1-2 bill.
The general idea of raiding to be brought back in was to help the new, very small CER, and very small planet count accounts, basically to help new people and those that want to start playing again (which was probably mentioned a few times).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

d3stroyer_69 wrote:Why not just start everyone off at 2b planets :-"

Too much too fast.
Why not just give everyone 1k physical, 600 personals and a 100 mill CER :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Sol wrote:

Too much too fast.

:smt023

Image Image Image
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:

Too much too fast.

I dont see how you can say that when you want to give them 2 bill planets through raiding over a few days but,,,,,,

Under the restrictions you state above you might as well do it, you seem dead set on it anyway. I just do not understand why you want to force people to become better farms but I guess that is actually what you are shooting for anyway. The sniper accounts should love you for it anyway.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:I dont see how you can say that when you want to give them 2 bill planets through raiding over a few days but,,,,,,

A few days, i doubt it.
The only way they will start to gain decent amounts is when they can raid people with a few bill untrained, so they actually need to get there first, and you keep forgetting one of the points on the first page, decreasing how much they get per 15 turns as they get bigger.
Lore wrote:Under the restrictions you state above you might as well do it, you seem dead set on it anyway. I just do not understand why you want to force people to become better farms but I guess that is actually what you are shooting for anyway. The sniper accounts should love you for it anyway.

Better farms? no. More farms? possibly. There is a clear difference. The idea of bringing back raiding and altering it stemmed from the other thread you talked in (forgot what it's called) where it was viewed that new peeps took awhile to get up to speed with the other users, mostly because there are smaller and smaller amounts of farms available due to the rising activity of the user base. And then there was the other issue of users facing a massive wall to climb right at the beginning of their ascended life which I KNOW turned some people off from playing ascended.
Not to mention the players that are picking off from where they started after they ascended (aka no where).

I'm hardly hell bent on doing this anyway, if I even were to I couldn't do it for at least 4 weeks. I just want some decent points as to why this idea shouldn't be brought in, I do however prefer to thoroughly sift through an idea that will change a whole dimension of a game.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Neimenljivi wrote:Anyway, I have suggested a way to reduce the gap which is probably to big for everyone bar the biggest accounts, but seems like people are not even reading my suggestions carefully and only interested in keeping the newer accounts so far adrift as to not pose a threat to them and not giving the new players any real chance to catch up. I'm done trying.

~N

Its a double edged blade, remember when admin made the big change to ascended, then suddenly we had newly ascended players passing those who had been in ascended for 3 years, thats when an update goes to far,

It looks like this update will be pushed through no matter what we say, i dont know why its even put up to a vote, the vote is 21 no 15 yes, watch what happens,

An update like this has to make sure that those who invested time into there accounts on ascended from day 1 are not passed by, by those who have sat inactive or had no interest in ascended to begin with.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Drought
Forum Expert

Will this turn into a raiding fest right after such an update is released ?
Seeing as there are many in-actives with untrained planets out there.

I would like to know exactly "when" it will be released :P
Don't want to feel left out you know ... as I can only assume those who are online at the time of release, will get a lot of raiding done.
a very bad hairdo
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Duck Dodgers wrote:Will this turn into a raiding fest right after such an update is released ?

Don't want to feel left out you know ... as I can only assume those who are online at the time of release, will get a lot of raiding done.

I should hope you are too big to be able to raid under the clauses of this update.

I think its a good idea. There is no way smaller players will be able to overtake big players just because of this update but it will give smaller player a more entertaining and faster passed low level game.
It will also increase the number of farms which is a good thing as it increases activity. At the moment farming is difficult for people that dont know what they are doing but if there are more farms it will be easier for people to learn.
Sol
Forum Addict

I wonder if I start posting things against the possibility of bringing back raiding people will start to think it will never go through :-k
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

Jim wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:Will this turn into a raiding fest right after such an update is released ?

I should hope you are too big to be able to raid under the clauses of this update.

I think its a good idea. There is no way smaller players will be able to overtake big players just because of this update but it will give smaller player a more entertaining and faster passed low level game.
It will also increase the number of farms which is a good thing as it increases activity. At the moment farming is difficult for people that dont know what they are doing but if there are more farms it will be easier for people to learn.

I've played ascended just as I have played main ... not that many planets left to throw in the fight hahaha

perhaps a limit on what one could raid per day ? like, for instance, your max growth per day. (full figure)
a very bad hairdo
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Jim wrote:

I've played ascended just as I have played main ... not that many planets left to throw in the fight hahaha

perhaps a limit on what one could raid per day ? like, for instance, your max growth per day. (full figure)

The total you can raid would be UP TO around 2bill army size ish.
IF an average account was massed down to 0 army size it would take it two days to generate 2b planets. Planets are completely dispensable below 3b size. it is getting low CER people to around this level that SoL seems to be wanting to achieve.

Return to “Ascended General”