getting things done

Teyla
Forum Grunt
Race: Athosian
ID: 0

getting things done

I have put out a petition to stop feeding by p2p cash trading on quantum once and for all

to add ur name to it simply msg me ingame "yes" hopefully will be quick enough with it so next round we see a more fairer game

I'm proposing all cash trades outside the ingame market are banned and deemed illegal, therefore breaking game rules if such is done so

[spoiler2=]as we seen in recent days and in past these p2p cash trades do throw game off balance and give such a advantage that even fss and ss buyers find it difficult 2 compete even more so when a player who buys p2p also buys from ingame, for more even gameplay 4 everyone this should not be allowed atall in quant ,which is a reset fast paced and meant to be competetive game![/spoiler2]
[spoiler2=]the only cash transaction that should be allowed and legal for q is ingame supporter packages to kingdom games, ye its true that ingame packs give you a advantage, but they are limited to a certain number per round an give alot less advantage than sumone being fed/buying a insane uncapped amount of naq via p2p, this is for a reason, so that the game remains balanced and everyone who logs in to play [with some work and actual skill] has a chance, why always settle for second best? fss buyer or non cash player you shouldnt be cheated of your time and effort by sumbody who overtakes u in 10 minutes using the feeding/p2p method its gone on for too long[/spoiler2]
i wont even go into the technicalities about somebody being fed for free and sum1 being fed for cash its the same thing and thats a fact.
this game isnt just 4 the selected few who use the above method to win time after time
every player who logs in should have the same fighting chance to be as good as another
[spoiler2=]p2p cash feeding needs to be against rules same as free freeding is , the market closes a week b4 round ends, its designed to be down to skill and tactics now, lol, good luck to all the str8 playing ppl that cant get fed 20-40q a hit advantage in the final important days, lets hope 2 see some rule changes made ye =][/spoiler2]
this isn a debate thread, this is so those that missed it ingame or didnt get a msg cos i sent so many i cant send or reply to anyone again today, know what to do if they want something done about things
i can already safely say a unignorable majority support and want this change to happen 8)
Last edited by Teyla on Wed May 09, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo 5.3 wrote:I want 20 quint naq, but I don't want to pay for it. Any way around it? Could I "nub" you for it?
General Riviera wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart. You're an absolute fool for even spending money to try to win.
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Re: getting things done

tl;dr
Bias Admin colour
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I don't care if this petition gets attention of pretty much everyone on Quantum, until FSS/USS doesn't give any advantage at all, so those that support actually support because they think admin should get the money, not for resources, I won't stop doing what I am doing.

PS: There was no era at all in which the winner didn't "donate" a dime or get fed big time. In 90% of eras it was the winner donating big time. That means the 400$ one can spend in the game in one era does give a huge advantage over others, otherwise we would have seen a lot more players having won the era who haven't supported at all. So supporting the game has been a big factor in determining who wins the era, the only difference now is that due to the way the era is programmed it doesn't give such a huge advantage any more compared to what one can farm, but let's not forget the beginning of the era when one couldn't compete at all without buying an USS.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

not to bother you, but its extremely long and hard to read, couldnt do it. Lack of actual words kinda screws with my head.
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Teyla
Forum Grunt

Neimenljivi wrote:I don't care if this petition gets attention of pretty much everyone on Quantum, until FSS/USS doesn't give any advantage at all, so those that support actually support because they think admin should get the money, not for resources, I won't stop doing what I am doing.

PS: There was no era at all in which the winner didn't "donate" a dime or get fed big time. In 90% of eras it was the winner donating big time. That means the 400$ one can spend in the game in one era does give a huge advantage over others, otherwise we would have seen a lot more players having won the era who haven't supported at all. So supporting the game has been a big factor in determining who wins the era, the only difference now is that due to the way the era is programmed it doesn't give such a huge advantage any more compared to what one can farm, but let's not forget the beginning of the era when one couldn't compete at all without buying an USS.

~Jack

Im sorry did anybody ask you your opinion? who cares if u care or not? this is not up for debate. admins WILL take notice as theres over 35 names down already, thats alot of the q player base for starters and I cant see the community being ignored on this matter, so keep up what your doing after we get this done and you'll get banned because pretty much everybody wants p2p to end and it will be. Stop talking crap about ingame supporter packages, every ingame pack gives bonus, you are feeding stupid amounts of naq to ppl, your either too ignorant or stupid to get that but either way your words pretty much insignificant
Jimbo 5.3 wrote:I want 20 quint naq, but I don't want to pay for it. Any way around it? Could I "nub" you for it?
General Riviera wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart. You're an absolute fool for even spending money to try to win.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

My every word is insignificant and what I do is insignificant yet due to exactly these two things you've messaged pretty much everyone on Quantum and started this topic? Oh Teyla, you do lack in logic :P
And keep living in a delusion about it ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Teyla is talking about the principle.
Not about the effective economic machinations of a specific player. ;)
If you do not do it, someone else would, and the thread would be made as well.

Do not delude yourself into thinking that your actions are significant, sir. :-D They are inevitable.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Cersei Lannister wrote:Teyla is talking about the principle.
Not about the effective economic machinations of a specific player. ;)
If you do not do it, someone else would, and the thread would be made as well.

Do not delude yourself into thinking that your actions are significant, sir. :-D They are inevitable.

The significance of one's actions, words or existence is only measured by the extent and significance of events that the aforementioned things caused in the eyes of public ;)
If the following events are not significant to the public, then I do not see how they can not be ignored, to paraphrase Teyla ;)

By your logic nothing is significant, not even WW II. The inevitableness of a situation can not and does not shadow the significance of actions that led to a given situation.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Neimenljivi wrote:By your logic nothing is significant, not even WW II. The inevitableness of a situation can not and does not shadow the significance of actions that led to a given situation.

~Jack
Nothing is significant. Especially not an online game, no matter the egos involved. ;) Sure, it is entirely human to attribute value to insignificant nonsense.. like WWII. But in the end, none of it is truly significant. :D
Not really necessary to have a philosophical debate here, though. ;)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:By your logic nothing is significant, not even WW II. The inevitableness of a situation can not and does not shadow the significance of actions that led to a given situation.

~Jack
Nothing is significant. Especially not an online game, no matter the egos involved. ;) Sure, it is entirely human to attribute value to insignificant nonsense.. like WWII. But in the end, none of it is truly significant. :D

If nothing is significant our lives are insignificant as well, ergo it's preposterous to live ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Neimenljivi wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:

~Jack
If nothing is significant our lives are insignificant as well, ergo it's preposterous to live ;)

~Jack
So you do want the philosophical debate? ;)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Not really into it, seeing how I've got an essay coming up tomorrow in philosophy and the teacher's a scumbag so I actually hate it.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Teyla
Forum Grunt

Neimenljivi wrote:My every word is insignificant and what I do is insignificant yet due to exactly these two things you've messaged pretty much everyone on Quantum and started this topic? Oh Teyla, you do lack in logic :P
And keep living in a delusion about it ;)

~Jack

:smt015

as Jo said "Teyla is talking about the principle."
this is not about u. its about the game and what players want from the game
Thats right I took the time to mail players, and Im glad I did from the responses, mabey somebody should ask them as a whole what they want more often
the game admins wont be able to ignore the fact that its not just me that disagrees and wants to see the last "technality" of feeding namely p2p against the rules too, but there is a vast number of others that do also. that is the only thing that is of significance here, no delusions about that, I posted here on teh forums because ingame i cannot send messages, far from illiogical if at the moment I only have incomming mail

@sadow/ashu
fixed a little bit but if u think thats long I'll post the feed logs for the past week, it'll take u a while to scroll down thru that lot alright
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

This was always going to turn into a debate so i'm going to enjoy taking my horrid nasty head-cold, that one of my beautiful angelic children has brought home from playgroup, out on it...

I think N...n...neim...can i call you Jack?

I think Jack is a pretty decent chap, i enjoy threading with him and i've never really seen anything i didn't enjoy reading/responding to. He's not the only player doing this feeding malarky but he is the only one willing to come in and put his side across; i greatly respect you for that Jack.

I have donated, as i have stated in another thread, 1 time due to a family emergency coupled with the fact i wanted to show my appreciation - if i had not have wanted to show my appreciation a ppt donation would have sufficed my needs but i decided that, since i was playing catch-up anyway, i would go for the full support option. The donation gave me a big boost but it was short lived and, by my calculations, i will struggle greatly to finish in top 10 unless a considerable amount of naq or units appears in my realm!

I've thought very long about this feeding and i'm convinced it is both underhand and bad sport. I'm not convinced enough to call it cheating but i have been shown that admin classes it as such and so i can only agree that, as Teyla has said, it is time it was punished and that people were made to follow the rules.

Philosophically speaking, Jack, can you not do this naq selling/buying on another server? Or even another game? Don't get me wrong, please, as i've said i enjoy threading with you and i think you're a decent chap but what you are doing in quantum is making a significant difference because of the very nature of quantum - it is fast paced and the timeline of the game is not long enough to make what you do insignificant. Teyla's petition seems to be academic here - there are a significant amount of players who feel harmed by your (and others less courageous/outspoken as you) actions. I'm not saying your intention is for others to enjoy the game less (since that would certainly shift the moral perspective and i don't believe it to be true) but surely you can see that regardless of intent the outcome is harm?

If Admin would do something like an amnesty (obviously not a amnesty in the truest sense of the word) and simply say "no more past this point" and then begin to take it seriously i would be happy because both my beliefs would be satisfied-
a) People with good minds and morals like yourself would not be punished for previous actions
and
b) The game rules would be more respectable (people can't be respecting and breaking at the same time)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
sarparto
Forum Regular

Where would this end? You'd have to ban officers. Officers feed CO's UU, while CO's feed officers naq and we can't have that. How's it fair one person has 10 officers, while i have none? Then, what constitutes feeding. As my CO can confirm from watching me do it, I've had 70+ quad out in the open multiple times. If someone were to farm me I could just say I was feeding him and get him banned. It's his word against mine and I have the AT logs to prove I was "feeding" him.

Neimenljivi wrote:I don't care if this petition gets attention of pretty much everyone on Quantum, until FSS/USS doesn't give any advantage at all, so those that support actually support because they think admin should get the money, not for resources, I won't stop doing what I am doing.

=D>

Couldn't say it better myself. Until FSS/USS gives 0 resources you can't ban p2p trading. Being fed by admin is no different than being fed by another player. Of course if you get rid of FSS/USS admin would have no income, and the game would die, but at least we'd finally get that equal footing Teyla's asking for!

Return to “General”