Income Planet Boost Tweak

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
slx
Forum Irregular
Race: Sith
ID: 0

Re: Removing Income Planet Boost?

Tbh the update actually renewed my activity. I was about to quit I only goton once every 2 days. Now I login atleast 10 times a day lol. It may seem un far but it is any easy way for smaller player to catch up. And even levels the playing field In means of ms and covert lvls upon many other things. I think it was actually an amazing update and should of been implemented way befor it was.
NAQ SOLD TO DATE: 15 quad
UU SOLD TO DATE:2.3 trill
ACCOUNTS SOLD for $$$ TO DATE: 5
ACCOUNTS SOLD FOR RESOURCES TO DATE: 8

Trade Feedback

Spoiler
Image[ Image
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

SLX wrote:Tbh the update actually renewed my activity. I was about to quit I only goton once every 2 days. Now I login atleast 10 times a day lol. It may seem un far but it is any easy way for smaller player to catch up. And even levels the playing field In means of ms and covert lvls upon many other things. I think it was actually an amazing update and should of been implemented way befor it was.

yea... thats right.. If it was only the smaller players doing this. But if you consider everyone, anything a small player can do a big player can do it 5x over. and so the gap stays the same between noobs and pro's
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

~Tziki~ wrote:
SLX wrote:Tbh the update actually renewed my activity. I was about to quit I only goton once every 2 days. Now I login atleast 10 times a day lol. It may seem un far but it is any easy way for smaller player to catch up. And even levels the playing field In means of ms and covert lvls upon many other things. I think it was actually an amazing update and should of been implemented way befor it was.

yea... thats right.. If it was only the smaller players doing this. But if you consider everyone, anything a small player can do a big player can do it 5x over. and so the gap stays the same between noobs and pro's
If by "pros" you mean people who spend money to get where they are... then yes. That gap will always be there no matter what update is made. Cash spenders will always have accounts that any other type of player simply can't compete with. Reducing income planets won't change that, it will only take away a newfound asset of the non-cash spender.

Why do that?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
pc
Fledgling Forumer

Empy wrote:I also believe Jason is thinking about making this update because of players like Stiffy, or even solely because of Stiffy and his 800bil/turn or so income. Stiffy is just an anomaly and Jason if you're reading this you shouldn't make an update and reduce income planets because of someone like Stiffy.

I would say Stiffy is another one that beat the game. :)
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

pc wrote:
Empy wrote:I also believe Jason is thinking about making this update because of players like Stiffy, or even solely because of Stiffy and his 800bil/turn or so income. Stiffy is just an anomaly and Jason if you're reading this you shouldn't make an update and reduce income planets because of someone like Stiffy.

I would say Stiffy is another one that beat the game. :)
I guess all it takes is a platinum card these days then...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

If admin wants to make even more people quit, then by all means, do reduce the income planets and make them pretty much ineffective again, like they were.
This was one of the few recent good updates that benefited the casual players and actually one that made sense because the income planets were once again worth to have. By reducing that bonus they'll get ridiculously insignificant again. Bare in mind that it does take a lot of resources to get them high again and besides, the $ players will always have an edge. That's why the price of resources should be increased so the $penders won't be able to buy so much so cheap.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Sinister~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~RiCoS_Symbiotes~
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

I hope income planets stays like this.
Before no one had income planets they were not worth to have plus ive used **Filtered** naq on my planets, so would suck balls for us that have used alot of naq on them
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

The huge covert levels a lot of people are sporting are a lot worse than having huge income planets. Income planets generate naq which can be farmed and the planets themselves can be taken. Covert level 41's cannot be taken away. Like Empy said, non cash spenders have something in income planets and i would rather they stayed.
Bias Admin colour
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Stiffy may have won the game, but without the income planet boost the majority of players will lose it.

The boost to income planets gives casual players a way to build income to save naq for levels, which they could not hope to achieve otherwise. As top players already have those levels, it's not giving an advantage to anyone, meerly closing the gap between the top few and the middle players. A gap that is far too wide as it currently stands. Yes the top players will get bigger income planets, but they would get the naq through other means anyway. The players who don't spend as much time farming and don't spend large quantities of $$ on their accounts are the ones who benefit with it being left as is. Long term, that means a bigger challenge for those at the top, which will keep them playing.

Personally my account is currently on vac mode, waiting for a decision on this. If admin decides to keep the income planets, I will come off vac mode, as it gives me half a chance to improve my account. If he reduces them, i'll probably stay on vac for good.

Aside from myself, I know a good few other players that have come back to this game BECAUSE this update was made. Remove it, not only are you annoying all of the players who invested naq, but you are pushing those players who returned away from the game.

PLEASE KEEP THE INCOME PLANETS AS THEY ARE!

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Income planets shouldnt have been increased so much. It should have been increased like 1x or 2x or maybe 3x.

So i support this dropping down of the boost.

@ Norbe and others like him. Keep whining about leaving the game. People have left over updates before, so stop **Filtered** like a baby and suck it up. :smt058 :smt060
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
judochop
Forum Grunt

It is pretty typical of Jason, release a good update and then immediately consider removing it. The income planets have allowed players to build in ways only reserved for the big accounts previously.

It is lunacy to consider going to 300-400% just like going to 100%. This update has lit a spark in people that haven't played frequently, a glimmer of hope in a game otherwise dying.

I love Rudy's math fail. I increasing something by 1x is simply keeping it the same.
311 is down for the Unity!

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Rudy Pena wrote:Income planets shouldnt have been increased so much. It should have been increased like 1x or 2x or maybe 3x.

@ Norbe and others like him. Keep whining about leaving the game. People have left over updates before, so stop **Filtered** like a baby and suck it up. :smt058 :smt060

Yes people have left because of updates before. But there are less players now than ever before. It's critical for the game to keep hold of those it can if the game is going to continue to exist.

Whilst I admit, initially I thought a 5x income planet boost was bonkers, when I took a step back and looked at it I realised what a genius move it was from admin and the positive impact it can have on the game. Many people will build and have a higher income, which if they can protect it will allow them to save for the higher levels necessary, and if they can't protect it, then the farmers will profit and be able to catch up to the high flying $ spenders.

You are so opposed to it, because you have spent significant amounts of $ buying levels for your account. You slander me for telling the facts. People have rejoined the game because they have seen the potential of this update, and people will quit if it is removed. What I choose to do personally may seem irrelevant to you, but I am not alone in my thinking, and that should be considered by Admin when he makes his decision.

@ Rudy. When Admin is finished making bad decisions: you can always stay and play this game on your own.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Norbe wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Income planets shouldnt have been increased so much. It should have been increased like 1x or 2x or maybe 3x.

Yes people have left because of updates before. But there are less players now than ever before. It's critical for the game to keep hold of those it can if the game is going to continue to exist.

Whilst I admit, initially I thought a 5x income planet boost was bonkers, when I took a step back and looked at it I realised what a genius move it was from admin and the positive impact it can have on the game. Many people will build and have a higher income, which if they can protect it will allow them to save for the higher levels necessary, and if they can't protect it, then the farmers will profit and be able to catch up to the high flying $ spenders.

You are so opposed to it, because you have spent significant amounts of $ buying levels for your account. You slander me for telling the facts. People have rejoined the game because they have seen the potential of this update, and people will quit if it is removed. What I choose to do personally may seem irrelevant to you, but I am not alone in my thinking, and that should be considered by Admin when he makes his decision.

@ Rudy. When Admin is finished making bad decisions: you can always stay and play this game on your own.

~Norbe~
I aint opposed cause I did spend money on the game.

Im just telling the truth. :)

People like you just want easier ways of getting to the top without doing much of anything. Others who are normal players likes Jules. Shes got Covert 38 and working on covert 39 and aint spending her time whining like you cause of updates. She farms and works for it while you hope to get a quick fix to be back on the top like you once was.

Others like her are getting past you as you whine and stay in vac mode cause you cant hack it and think its not worth the time to work your way back to the top.

I see nothing from you but whining like a lil **Filtered** and not trying to work your way to the top.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

Since this update I have changed tactics, I was running at cap level then after finishing ascended looking to go for plague.

I wont say what I have done or what my plans are, what I will say is that if this update is removed then I hope admin can reimberse those who have invested heavly into these planets.

Perhaps keep those planets already increased and halt any future ones having the recent updated limits.

because alot of people have put huge effort into this new update purely because they see it as an avenue to be able to reach those ever so expensive cover levels.

lets face it how easy is it to bank 1q of naq, perhaps the original idea was to help others to increase income and provide income to fund higher covert levels, after all if all the same people are always at the top regardless if they play or use $$$ then whats the point of playing, you would lose interest slowely but surely
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

thorsworld1 wrote:
Perhaps keep those planets already increased and halt any future ones having the recent updated limits.

And let people who have over 500bil income per turn keep it while others who will update it can only get half that or less. Making the game even more divided with the top and lower players.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”