Tournament 4

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Tournament 4

Norbe wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:There needs to be some sorta reward for everyone who takes part, being if getting 200-1000 turns or something awarded at the end of the arena, looking at some of the players in there, they never had a chance, my account is probably just below average in there, but there where accounts in there that i could destroy hands down, no matter how many planets they had, if that trend continues, why would anyone smaller ever enter.

Sorry GC, i do not agree with you here. Statistics prove you wrong. The levels are quite well balanced.

The highest physical level in the top 10 is 1533. There were several accounts with 1600+ in the arena but none of them made it to the end. In contrast, an account with defense level 1000 made it into the top 10 (finished rank 8). Similarly, in the first arena, snapser from TÅF became God of The Arena despite having an average physical level below 1200 at the time.

Do higher levels have an advantage in the tournaments? Yes. Can lower levels defeat higher ones through better gameplay? Yes they can and have several times. I think it's quite well balanced as is.

~Norbe~

This. A million times this.
Great job FXX.

Arena is 10% skill, 20% stats, 30% luck and 40% diplomacy.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

I would say its more like 20% stats, 20% skill, 20% luck, 20% diplomacy, 20% teamwork.
You need the stats and skills to know how to mass your teammates when you get lucky and strike once diplomacy has failed. :smt019
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

The amount of planets noobs get for a lack of levels will be small still compared to people with higher levels. So basically if you have a higher level than the average then you should have a better chance at winning than the people who get planets for crap levels (even though they get more planets for that reason).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Sol wrote:The amount of planets noobs get for a lack of levels will be small still compared to people with higher levels. So basically if you have a higher level than the average then you should have a better chance at winning than the people who get planets for crap levels (even though they get more planets for that reason).

Yes. This is fair.

BMMJ13 wrote:I would say its more like 20% stats, 20% skill, 20% luck, 20% diplomacy, 20% teamwork.
You need the stats and skills to know how to mass your teammates when you get lucky and strike once diplomacy has failed. :smt019

I counted Teamwork and diplomacy as one thing, hence 40%.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:The amount of planets noobs get for a lack of levels will be small still compared to people with higher levels. So basically if you have a higher level than the average then you should have a better chance at winning than the people who get planets for crap levels (even though they get more planets for that reason).

:smt022
And here i was thinking you were being kind for once.

Thanks for the tourney Sol, very much appreciated.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
ID: 12759

Got to say, as some will soon notice, this was quite the tournament...TAF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 :D

Luck played a huge role this time around avoiding the big scrapes early on, partnering up with people and keeping enough of us around to overwhelm at the end. The way this tournament is currently set up requires a great deal of teamwork between accounts, especially as turns grow scarce.

So...uh...now what?

TEAM DEATHMATCH!

PS My ME from this tournament is inflated from some helpful people who let me kill them and a very strange person who sabbed me with hundreds of billions of planets:

Kills:

Super Attack Planets Destroyed 113,505,753
Defence Planets Destroyed 7,999,992,799
Super Defence Planets Destroyed 4,813,397,917
Covert Planets Destroyed 19,999,999,998
Assassin Planets Destroyed 3,026,709,386
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 55,661,220,533

Losses:

Super Attack Planets Destroyed 1,228,945,908
Defence Planets Destroyed 0
Super Defence Planets Destroyed 662,313,419
Covert Planets Destroyed 310,102,000
Assassin Planets Destroyed 3
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 9,766,398,638

Soon to be more once some lucky TAF guy gets me.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Well that was a tough fight. Especially the last 19 hours. But I won :o. Woooooo. And it was won with real fighting, not just giving up. Twas fun. Congrats bmmj for being the best of the worst ;)
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
pc
Fledgling Forumer

Congrats! God Of The Arena: ~Stonewall~ [[TAF]]
Sol
Forum Addict

GhostyGoo wrote:

:smt022
And here i was thinking you were being kind for once.

Thanks for the tourney Sol, very much appreciated.

No problemo.

Well the general idea was for noobs to have a chance, and they do, you can see it in every arena. But in the end people who have higher levels worked to get them (well most times anyway :P).

Anyway, well done to TA. Be interesting to see how you fair in the team death match ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Mathlord wrote:Got to say, as some will soon notice, this was quite the tournament...TAF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 :D

Luck played a huge role this time around avoiding the big scrapes early on, partnering up with people and keeping enough of us around to overwhelm at the end. The way this tournament is currently set up requires a great deal of teamwork between accounts, especially as turns grow scarce.

Soon to be more once some lucky TAF guy gets me.

Good job to TAF for dominating the end stages of the tournament, it shows how important team work is.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
IFLuX
Forum Elite

doc holliday wrote:Well that was a tough fight. Especially the last 19 hours. But I won :o. Woooooo. And it was won with real fighting, not just giving up. Twas fun. Congrats bmmj for being the best of the worst ;)

GZ DOC :smt047
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Mathlord wrote:Got to say, as some will soon notice, this was quite the tournament...TAF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 :D

well done TAF well deserved victory
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pc
Fledgling Forumer

BMMJ13 wrote:
Comador wrote:nice going on the team work TA ....

snapser.... killing off the mothership with 1 turn hits and no strike

~Stonewall~, destroy , hunt assassins

SquirrelWrangler , destroy , destroy military, sabotage

Shunsui Kyoraku, Destroy

Mathlord .... sabotage

a nice combination

It was interesting for a bit there. :razz:
Jun 08, 19:46 Divert Sabotage Repelled 1,300,000,000 details
Jun 08, 20:55 pcarmy Destroy Military Repelled 3,227,137,977 details
Jun 08, 20:17 I AM Destroy Defended 15 6,545,046 16,524,664 45,796,210,129,612,800 41,861,025,812,600,000 details
Wish they all had been repelled. :(

Ahh you did not post the Successful ones ...LOL
When I started with Destroy Military ..it was a rap for me anyways. had to sleep and go to work
game time was over for me.
Good Job TA
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

pc wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Comador wrote:nice going on the team work TA ....

snapser.... killing off the mothership with 1 turn hits and no strike

~Stonewall~, destroy , hunt assassins

SquirrelWrangler , destroy , destroy military, sabotage

Shunsui Kyoraku, Destroy

Mathlord .... sabotage

a nice combination

It was interesting for a bit there. :razz:
Jun 08, 19:46 Divert Sabotage Repelled 1,300,000,000 details
Jun 08, 20:55 pcarmy Destroy Military Repelled 3,227,137,977 details
Jun 08, 20:17 I AM Destroy Defended 15 6,545,046 16,524,664 45,796,210,129,612,800 41,861,025,812,600,000 details
Wish they all had been repelled. :(

Ahh you did not post the Successful ones ...LOL
When I started with Destroy Military ..it was a rap for me anyways. had to sleep and go to work
game time was over for me.
Good Job TA

Yes I know, hence why I said I wish they all had been repelled. Was a pain to hold off all 3 of you at once. :smt086
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Gandy 181
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 44650

gd job TA

Nice work doc