Covert/Anti-Covert level cap

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Covert/Anti-Covert level cap

There should be a cap on covert and ac levels where the next highest level can not be brought until the current highest level is held by a certain number of accounts (25-50?).
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Covert/Anti-Covert level cap

too late?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

I like this idea.

Sol wrote:too late?

Maybe but at least they wont be getting 42s so soon.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Drought
Forum Expert

Duderanch wrote:... until the current highest level is held by a certain number of accounts (25-50?).

I would say a steady % of players need to have at least the max level before the new max is available.

I would estimate 1% and active members being those that logged in the last 6 months.

Examples:

1.000 active accounts => 10 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
2.000 active accounts => 20 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
3.000 active accounts => 30 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
etc

dynamic in size, would work to last.
a very bad hairdo
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Why not cap it at 41? Seeing as one person has it...
Bias Admin colour
Duderanch
Internet Hero

Sol wrote:too late?

Probably, but can't hurt?
Duck Dodgers wrote:
Duderanch wrote:... until the current highest level is held by a certain number of accounts (25-50?).

I would say a steady % of players need to have at least the max level before the new max is available.

I would estimate 1% and active members being those that logged in the last 6 months.

Examples:

1.000 active accounts => 10 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
2.000 active accounts => 20 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
3.000 active accounts => 30 people would need level 41 before level 42 becomes available
etc

dynamic in size, would work to last.

True, that would probably be the simplest way of working it.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Malx wrote:Why not cap it at 41? Seeing as one person has it...

Yea 41 seems a good idea to stop at now, someone spent alot of $$ on that, or found an exploit like it costs what 12Quad

Covert Planets need a ramp up to x2 or x3 boost, as they are not the same as they where when the came out, pointless, why spend trills on covert planet when you can train 500k spies to get the same power boost.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Duderanch
Internet Hero

I don't think there should ever be hard caps in a non resetting server. I just think there needs to be something to slow the big $$ spenders down.

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Ashu
Michael Westen

Honours and Awards

Duderanch wrote:I don't think there should ever be hard caps in a non resetting server. I just think there needs to be something to slow the big $$ spenders down.

I think there should be hard caps on things you cannot lose and that would cause a huge gap between players that just registered and players that have been playing for years.
If you cap it at level 41, then they will invest in covert planets and/or duals. But you can take those. Even with merlins, perhaps they'll forget them one day and SNAP. And, of course, it only gives you so much of a bonus.

Introducing hard caps on this would not only level gameplay but force people to start thinking tactically rather than just using larger numbers against an enemy that has lower ones. Mind you, cash spenders will still invest into UU, naq and whatever can to give them an edge. But it'll be a more calculate risk, an edge that can be blunted.
Bias Admin colour
Duderanch
Internet Hero

Malx wrote:
Duderanch wrote:I don't think there should ever be hard caps in a non resetting server. I just think there needs to be something to slow the big $$ spenders down.

I think there should be hard caps on things you cannot lose and that would cause a huge gap between players that just registered and players that have been playing for years.
If you cap it at level 41, then they will invest in covert planets and/or duals. But you can take those. Even with merlins, perhaps they'll forget them one day and SNAP. And, of course, it only gives you so much of a bonus.

Introducing hard caps on this would not only level gameplay but force people to start thinking tactically rather than just using larger numbers against an enemy that has lower ones. Mind you, cash spenders will still invest into UU, naq and whatever they can to give them an edge. But it'll be a more calculate risk, an edge that can be blunted.

I see what you are saying and i kind of agree, but what about in a year or 2 when 40 is the norm?

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

better down grade all lvl to 38 dhe improve game strategies further , like MS, weapons, units , lifers planets and fleets. game has gone zombie in accounts all-in built.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Ashu
Michael Westen

Honours and Awards

Duderanch wrote:
Malx wrote:

Introducing hard caps on this would not only level gameplay but force people to start thinking tactically rather than just using larger numbers against an enemy that has lower ones. Mind you, cash spenders will still invest into UU, naq and whatever they can to give them an edge. But it'll be a more calculate risk, an edge that can be blunted.

I see what you are saying and i kind of agree, but what about in a year or 2 when 40 is the norm?

Depends on the influx of new players while taking in consideration the active gamer base and people that actually have covert level 40/41.
If there is a large influx and many people are active and build up to 40/41, then admin will be more than welcome to add another level or two, or even a feature to rival already stale income dumps like MS and planets, which would also diversify gameplay.
If the influx is low and people have a hard time getting to covert 40, there is no need to make the cap bigger, just let them do as i suggested, start thinking and investing time and resources tactically, apply a grard strategy to win and not just hawl lots of numbers.

Capping the MS or Covert/ anticovert levels won't kill cash spending, it'll just diversify it, which is a good thing, because people can now invest in things they can loose.
Bias Admin colour
Drought
Forum Expert

Malx wrote:Capping the MS or Covert/ anticovert levels won't kill cash spending, it'll just diversify it, which is a good thing, because people can now invest in things they can loose.

That is a very good approach which has a lot more side benefits then I initially imagined.

=D>
a very bad hairdo
Duderanch
Internet Hero

Malx wrote:
Duderanch wrote:
Malx wrote:

Depends on the influx of new players while taking in consideration the active gamer base and people that actually have covert level 40/41.
If there is a large influx and many people are active and build up to 40/41, then admin will be more than welcome to add another level or two, or even a feature to rival already stale income dumps like MS and planets, which would also diversify gameplay.
If the influx is low and people have a hard time getting to covert 40, there is no need to make the cap bigger, just let them do as i suggested, start thinking and investing time and resources tactically, apply a grard strategy to win and not just hawl lots of numbers.

Capping the MS or Covert/ anticovert levels won't kill cash spending, it'll just diversify it, which is a good thing, because people can now invest in things they can loose.

If you can convince Jason to cap covert levels at 41 then i'd back it, i just thought my suggestion would have a slightly higher chance of being implemented.

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Maybe a cap isnt the way to go then, instead of making it that you need all 1.5Q, 3Q etc in 1 go, allow the player to pay the covert level off over time, and when they pay there debt off the gods award the new covert level to the realm,

That would have a bigger impact that a hard cap, because they even the most casual of players could get up there,

I dont see many going past covert 41, as your talking 25Quad at that point, admin would need to increase naq per miner at that stage to allow growth to that level.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Game Suggestions”