Shifting Polarity

Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Shifting Polarity

So I was going to post this under for admin suggestions as a new realm type but Quantum seemed to fit. Even though I don't play quantum. :-"

So the idea is kind of like a 4 way teeter totter. If two sides go way down the opposite two go way up and it can balance in the middle. But if someone pushes or pulls in either direction it effects the other 3 as well.

So basically you can gain in one place but lose big in another.

You would match up similar stats.

Attack would be opposite of Def.
Covert would be opposite of AC.

You build too heavily in one stat and the other is effected proportionately. You build a really high Def your attack is going to suffer. Same with Covert and AC.

The way I imagine this is you have your units but you don't have weapons. The teeter totter effect controls a value on your units. Having 70% attack and 30% def will make you an easier target but you can also deal more damage. If you do get massed on your def your strike goes up to 100% where you can then do even more damage then you received. Same would go with Covert and AC.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Shifting Polarity

I don't mind this idea but there is one flaw. Attack and AC are not important until the last second of the era (for rank purposes) so all one would have to do is keep really high defense and farm innactive accounts with their really low strike, and have really high cov and never have any AC.

Something a bit more tricky perhaps would be:

Defense v Covert : these are the two key stats to not being mass / keeping income
Strike v MS : these are the two key stats to massing others, farming big amounts
UP v income : these are the two key things to building your account

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Shifting Polarity

Where you see a flaw hippy I see the answer. If you do not train enough Attack units it will make farming difficult. The answer is to have everyone in the realm to start with the same base stats upon reset. So essentially everyone would be built 25% Strike, 25% Def, 25% Covert, 25% AC. If someone gets massed their strike would compensate and since there are no weapons to speak of their strike would be untouchable.

Also to make the idea more interesting as you farm and/or mass you start to lower your own defense because the more you use something the better it gets but the opposite needs more attention in terms of units and/or upgrades in order to maintain it. So eventually say you have someone that is very active farming and massing. The more they do so the less units they need trained in strike. So they could then retrain them to another purpose. In the end the realm would have 5 top ranks. 1. Strike, 1. Def, 1. Covert, 1. AC, 1. (MS or something similar).

The goal is to try to balance your stats near then end and in order to do so you would have to be active in every aspect of the realm as often as possible. This is to prevent people from just building the stats near the end and get a better idea of who really were the best players throughout and not just at the end.

If you are good enough I could imagine someone being active enough to have 1mil strike units be equal to 10mil of someone elses. Same for def, covert, and anticovert. The less units it takes to have a really good stat the better toward the end. Because it would also be part of the rank system the fewer units it takes the higher you place. So someone with 999,999 strike units with a strike of 20tril would be 1 rank higher than someone with 1mil strike units and a strike of 20tril.

Basically neglecting to use an aspect of the game will hurt you in the long run.

Return to “General”