Mothership cost and army standings

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Mothership cost and army standings

In the update thread there has been a request that the units that get used up for making a mothership should still count in the army size and that the mothership cost is to much since it makes farming not worth it.

Now my opinion on this matter is that the units used for making a mothership should in no way count for the total army size and that the cost of a mothership is perfectly fine where its at. My reasoning for this are:

Mothership units counting towards army size
If we allow the mothership units to count towards the army size then essentially you are then limiting the amount of motherships and therefore attack/defense someone can build since they would eventually hit the army size cap and be hit by the plague even know they have no actual units on the ground. It would also be limiting the amount that one would eventually be able to carry seeing as there would be a unofficial cap on the mothership.

Mothership Cost
With the way that motherships currently cost and the amount that they can carry does allow you to effectively farm. The mothership cost may seem to steep to one with a unit production below 1000 but for anyone above that the cost of a mothership is just a small amount. So it may be harder to farm now because your account is still small but once it gets to any decent size at all it will be alot easier to farm.

Now with that being said I implore anyone to explain why they believe things should be different in this matter.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Mothership cost and army standings

It was me that suggested that units trained into MS should count towards army size. However, I had not considered the implications down the track when people started maxing army sizes.

I also agree that the current cost of MS is fine.

In other words, I agree with everything you just said. :-D

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Borek
Forum Addict

well you have to remember that the army size cap is growing slowly right now because most of the game is ascending and resetting their UP and AS quite often. Once people max out and start to build up this should change and the cap will be raising more rapidly.

So actually i would say it is a very good idea to include MS units in total army size because right now it is the ONLY thing that can hold back people not ascending from building ridiculously high MS's and making life miserable for the people trying to ascend.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

Borek wrote:So actually i would say it is a very good idea to include MS units in total army size because right now it is the ONLY thing that can hold back people not ascending from building ridiculously high MS's and making life miserable for the people trying to ascend.

Your stating that right now it is the only thing holding back the people not ascending from building high Motherships. That isnt the case with the cap where its at right now i could put all my UP into motherships for the next 5 months and still not reach the cap. The only that will change as a result of adding motherships to the army size right now is that it will allow people to ascend at the same rate as before the update if not faster. But a year from now ,if not a little sooner, having the motherships in the army size will limit the amount of motherships everyone can have and the amount of naq being produced in the game since a large portion of everyone's army will be tied up in motherships
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

**Filtered** wrote:What do you mean ascend to main? There is a way to link your NG account with your main account?
viewtopic.php?f=288&t=193209
For your questions on the subject. :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Tetrismonkey wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:What do you mean ascend to main? There is a way to link your NG account with your main account?
You get supposedly a mid level fully ascended MAIN account once you achieve 20 ascensions here.
'supposedly', not fully ascended. Never would have been, except in the nightmares of doom-thinkers. :-D

Point regarding spies is closer to the truth, shows the -currently- closed minded perspective of these 'big alliances'.. throwing the baby out with the bathwater. :P They will change their mind. And if not, why would you even want to be a part of a group that thinks you are a spy? Pfft, you -the player- can do better!

You make your own destiny, always.

(Merge of this bit about Transcendence requested.)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Multis are dumb, I would rather have a bonus applied to the main I already have.
Lebe
Forum Grunt

The reason why it is not good, when MS are not part of AS is, that for each MS trained, you loose 50 UUs. So you could have hundreds of MS with total AS of 0. Is that a goal?
By building 1 MS I loose 50 UUs. They are no longer generating any income? They are virtuali vaporized.

I suggest to limit number of MS to AS/50. This way, it is costing same as before and you have pottential to build up MS and be able to attack/defend, while you can actualy use these units. If you do not agree, then tell me, what damage can you do to a player with high UP, 0 AS and hundreds of MS?
If you will be able to kill part of AS, it would limit max number of MS.

and btw. with 0 AS and hundreds of MS... Show me one person, who would be fighting for country withouth any population and would be fighting for no money.... Not mentioning, that who is controling these MS, when AS is 0.
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

In reality those 50 are part of the reason you are able to get income as they are part of what you are using to attack to get the income as in the MS. Your income is also partially limited to how many actual ground troops are sent with the MS. So if you only send MS yes you will get naq but not as much as you would if you were sending ground troops as well. Im not a fan of the way the MS works but you have to figure out how to make the best of what is given to you. This game is requiring people to use a little strategy in their builds instead of just having everything handed to you.
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

El_Ryune wrote:In reality those 50 are part of the reason you are able to get income as they are part of what you are using to attack to get the income as in the MS. Your income is also partially limited to how many actual ground troops are sent with the MS. So if you only send MS yes you will get naq but not as much as you would if you were sending ground troops as well. Im not a fan of the way the MS works but you have to figure out how to make the best of what is given to you. This game is requiring people to use a little strategy in their builds instead of just having everything handed to you.

Exactly. :) (Almost exactly, but mostly well said.)
Lebe
Forum Grunt

Juliette wrote:
El_Ryune wrote:In reality those 50 are part of the reason you are able to get income as they are part of what you are using to attack to get the income as in the MS. Your income is also partially limited to how many actual ground troops are sent with the MS. So if you only send MS yes you will get naq but not as much as you would if you were sending ground troops as well. Im not a fan of the way the MS works but you have to figure out how to make the best of what is given to you. This game is requiring people to use a little strategy in their builds instead of just having everything handed to you.

Really?
El_Ryune
Forum Regular

I'm guessing that's mostly correct or there would be no use for ground troops at all as far as attack troops are concerned.
Spoiler

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Lebe wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Really?
I said 'almost'. The bit you coloured is incorrect as far as regular attacks are concerned. :)
Attack troops are used in the gate-based attacks, specifically -but not limited to- the 'raid' functionality. ;)
El_Ryune
Forum Regular

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't even considered raids since I rarely use that function.
Spoiler

So sad to see this.

xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

if your rarely using raids then your missing out on quite a bit of units.

Return to “New Grounds General”