Some kind of MS bug

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Some kind of MS bug

**Filtered** wrote:This brings up another issue: How do you know your opponents ascension level? I have never seen it in recon logs. This may be why I lost a MS against a much weaker opponent when they lost none. Ascension level should be reconable so you can use that to know if you want to actually attack that person as well.
It is. Check under 'Other Info', where Naquadah is listed etcetera. :)
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Has the ascended lvl of your enemies always been there? If so i have clearly been blind
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

xdjoker wrote:Has the ascended lvl of your enemies always been there? If so i have clearly been blind
We added it in the past week as part of a few corrections, it was supposed to be there since the start, but we missed it the first time around. :)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Still seeing a MS glitch just spied someone, said they had 0 MS. Attacked and they have 10 in battle. It is 4:11 PM PST so it is not at turnover time. I reconned immediately after and he now has -1 MS. Recon ID: 8126. I immediately attacked again to see what would happen. He has 10 MS in the battle again and does 100 damage. So I take it you put in coding that defaults 100 damage when it detects a negative number? If so that is not really fixing the root of the problem. I reconned again, and it said he still has -1 MS. It seems that when you recon a player, the report always shows 10 less than what they have(Until you get to -1, then it just stays at 10 in battle). If it says they have 10 in the recon report they have 20 during battle. They lose a ship, I recon again immediately to see the report show 9. If I was to attack again it would show 19 in battle and so on. What do you guys code in? PHP?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Mainly PHP, yes.

Good data; we will take a closer look. Might be time to rewrite a few bits of the attack system. :-k
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Any time frame on when this will be looked at? Reconned a player, said 8 MS in the report, attacked they had 18 in battle and lost 2. Reconned after and it showed they had 6 on the report.
First recon ID:...........8229
Attack ID:................93456
Second recon ID:.......8231
Now I know I should assume +10 MS in the attack, but I keep thinking that maybe you guys fixed it so I roll the dice and attack hoping the MS count is right.

EDIT:
Also thought I would throw this recon out there: ID: 8248
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Did I not post the 'early this (previously next) week' timeline yet? Oh.
Well, early this week we will have this fixed. The Other had other commitments this weekend. :)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

If you did I didn't see it. I will more thoroughly look through the topics next time I post.

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”