Clarkey- Shreds of the Admins

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Sage

4/10 troll. Old, overused troll but effective none the less probably maybe.

Clarkey's actions were hillarious, thats why he is allowed back in. :---)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Clarkey- Shreds of the Admins

Clarkey is a hero of this game, and in lesser fashion of this forum, who tripped and fell, but no hero is without their mysteries/shame.
By your reasoning "something bad happened, so no 'retirement' group", none of the Shreds should be in their group. ;)

*grin* Jim said it quite well.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

SuperSaiyan wrote:The entire ordeal was reversed and nothing was lost

Bull. **Filtered**. **Filtered**.

A lot may have been saved, but a lot was lost as well.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Administrative decision put him in the usergroup, with clear arguments as outlined by SuperSaiyan. Do you really think you can say something new, present some new argument that they did not think of? ;)

Besides, do you know when Clarkey last logged in? :-D
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Tetrismonkey wrote:The new argument is not some people may not agree with the decision of the Admins? #-o
And you honestly thought that was not something they considered when making the decision? :smt056
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:With this, if im not mistaken, gives him still some measure of power on these forums.

No, it does not.
Former Admins are given the privilege to view the moderator section if they take an active interest in the staff and forums, like advisers. Nothing more. They have absolutely no authority or power on this forum.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Yes, while he has made significant effort and produce many good deeds, that should not outweigh his actions as an Admin. What im trying to say is, you are honoring his Adminship by allowing him into the Shreds of the Admins usergroup. What he did as a mod and as a user/player, thats fine and maybe something could be done for him, but I cannot stress this enough, please remove him from this usergroup.

Yes, his adminship.
While an Admin Clarkey did a large amount for this community and was a positive influence on the forums. Just because the end result was not favorable doesn't mean the road getting there was a wreck. We choose to see passed that mistake and honor the good prior and after.

Dovahkiin wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:The entire ordeal was reversed and nothing was lost

Bull. **Filtered**. **Filtered**.

A lot may have been saved, but a lot was lost as well.

Then allow me to correct myself. Most.

Juliette wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:The new argument is not some people may not agree with the decision of the Admins? #-o
And you honestly thought that was not something they considered when making the decision? :smt056

Constructive input is always welcome.

See, now, I have no issue with Clarkey, top lad in my books, but surely the "Shreds of admins" should be based on their actions as an Admin and NOT as a blue mod. Clarkeys actions as an admin where not that great (If I'm not mistaken) then followed by his removing forum stuff, banning people, etc, etc.

He became a mod and did a top job, if it was shreds of admins and mods then fine but its admins and as an admin he doesn't deserve it, in his blue mod as "For admin" yes, he would deserve it but then all great blue mods would need to be put in shreds of admin, if that turns out to happen I would like to nominate Haz.
Bromas
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Andy! wrote:Clarkeys actions as an admin where not that great

That is purely your opinion, one I happen to not share. Hence my personal stance on the matter.

his known legacy as admin involves him royally **Filtered** up the forums... SS, the way you are talking right now makes me think you will be deleting the whole forum xD
Bromas
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Andy! wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:

That is purely your opinion, one I happen to not share. Hence my personal stance on the matter.

his known legacy as admin involves him royally **Filtered** up the forums... SS, the way you are talking right now makes me think you will be deleting the whole forum xD

Do you know why the other purples are purple?
Or what they did as Admins?

The key part of your reply that does not help your case is the word known.
While yes, public knowledge of things does exist, that doesn't mean everyone will know everything.
From what I remember and in my opinion, until the end, Clarkey's term as an admin was primarily a good one.

He is not the only purple to have made mistakes ;)
His is just not yet lost to time.

So, you're saying he banned people, removed accounts and then deleted the forum by mistake? :-k
Bromas
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Andy! wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Andy! wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:

Do you know why the other purples are purple?
Or what they did as Admins?

The key part of your reply that does not help your case is the word known.
While yes, public knowledge of things does exist, that doesn't mean everyone will know everything.
From what I remember and in my opinion, until the end, Clarkey's term as an admin was primarily a good one.

He is not the only purple to have made mistakes ;)
His is just not yet lost to time.

So, you're saying he banned people, removed accounts and then deleted the forum by mistake? :-k

That is absolutely not what I said.

Thats what I thought first when you said mistake, if you said it in the other way then okay, w/e
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Andy! wrote:See, now, I have no issue with Clarkey, top lad in my books, but surely the "Shreds of admins" should be based on their actions as an Admin and NOT as a blue mod.

As an admin, Clarkey did quite a bit for the community. This would make him eligible for the Shreds of Admin group in my book.

However, Clarkeys mistake should not warrant his removal from the group, especially given his complete contribution to the community.

Andy! wrote:Clarkeys actions as an admin where not that great (If I'm not mistaken) then followed by his removing forum stuff, banning people, etc, etc.

He became a mod and did a top job, if it was shreds of admins and mods then fine but its admins and as an admin he doesn't deserve it, in his blue mod as "For admin" yes, he would deserve it but then all great blue mods would need to be put in shreds of admin, if that turns out to happen I would like to nominate Haz.

This made me lol. The group is "Shreds of Admin", not "Shreds of great <insert colour> mods". But thanks for calling me a great mod xD

Andy! wrote:Thats what I thought first when you said mistake, if you said it in the other way then okay, w/e

There is a difference between saying "Clarkey made a mistake" and "Clarkey did it by mistake".
Last edited by The Doctor on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Totally not editing this coz I made a mistake >_>
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Bromas
Forum Addict

Haz wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:See, now, I have no issue with Clarkey, top lad in my books, but surely the "Shreds of admins" should be based on their actions as an Admin and NOT as a blue mod.

As an admin, Clarkey did quite a bit for the community. This would make him eligible for the Shreds of Admin group in my book.

However, Clarkeys mistake should not warrant his removal from the group, especially given his complete contribution to the community.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Clarkeys actions as an admin where not that great (If I'm not mistaken) then followed by his removing forum stuff, banning people, etc, etc.

This made me lol. The group is "Shreds of Admin", not "Shreds of great <insert colour> mods". But thanks for calling me a great mod xD

Andy! wrote:Thats what I thought first when you said mistake, if you said it in the other way then okay, w/e

There is a difference between saying "Clarkey made a mistake" and "Clarkey did it by mistake".

You just quoted me three times and said that two of them where Tetris.
You break my heart Haz.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Andy! wrote:
Haz wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:See, now, I have no issue with Clarkey, top lad in my books, but surely the "Shreds of admins" should be based on their actions as an Admin and NOT as a blue mod.

Tetrismonkey wrote:Clarkeys actions as an admin where not that great (If I'm not mistaken) then followed by his removing forum stuff, banning people, etc, etc.

You just quoted me three times and said that two of them where Tetris.
You break my heart Haz.

Did not >_> :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Bromas
Forum Addict

Damn I miss you haz.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

@ SS =D> =D> =D> =D> indeed Clarky deserves a place there..

@ TM his removal of that section etc is still the best thing that ever happened on here
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

He was not lightly let into the purple group. Nor was he ever lightly let back on the team. It took a long time for him to regain any sort of trust.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”