LOL

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: LOL

Wow :shock:

The guy is just frontin' give him a frickin' break! Glad to actually see something interesting on the forum than the usual blabber mouths.

Nice wheelz :-D

I love cars :smt060

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Jack on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler'd
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Preem Palver wrote:
Sol wrote:Not sure if it's sadder that you made time to post this about your life, or you actually posted this to people on the forum because you have no friends in RL or other places than sgw to brag about it to. Don't you have facebook and a hoard of 'friends' that you added but have no idea who they are?
Relevant:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] :P
:lol: I doubt Sol's reaction was aimed at **Filtered** specifically, or rather at the generational tendency to over-share. However, given the historic tradition of this forum to have an almost all-encompassing interest range, hardly anything -short of loo habits- can be considered oversharing, imo.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Sol wrote:Not sure if it's sadder that you made time to post this about your life, or you actually posted this to people on the forum because you have no friends in RL or other places than sgw to brag about it to. Don't you have facebook and a hoard of 'friends' that you added but have no idea who they are?
Relevant:
:lol: I doubt Sol's reaction was aimed at **Filtered** specifically, or rather at the generational tendency to over-share. However, given the historic tradition of this forum to have an almost all-encompassing interest range, hardly anything -short of loo habits- can be considered oversharing, imo.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Field Marshall wrote:Wow :shock:

The guy is just frontin' give him a frickin' break! Glad to actually see something interesting on the forum than the usual blabber mouths.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

LOL to the ridiculous camber. New fad? I saw a couple pics of cars in Japan set up that way. Tire wear anyone?
Hybrid36
Forum Grunt
Alliance: TÅTS
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 23589

~Wolverine~ wrote:

shut the **Filtered** up man

the guy just wanted to share about his car.

+1

Cool car mate :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ID: 23589
ALLIANCE: TÅF-TÅTS
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Proud Australian
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Relevant:

Sounds like it was pretty directed to me. Bringing up the fact that you just acquired a car is not really personal. Telling everyone that you just **Filtered** a 12 inch camo green stool.... Now that would be personal.

**Disclaimer: The above statement is used for example purposes only and does in no way pertain to anything I have recently done.
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

**Filtered** wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Relevant:

Sounds like it was pretty directed to me. Bringing up the fact that you just acquired a car is not really personal. Telling everyone that you just **Filtered** a 12 inch camo green stool.... Now that would be personal.

**Disclaimer: The above statement is used for example purposes only and does in no way pertain to anything I have recently done.

bahaha

get some

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

**Filtered** wrote:Sounds like it was pretty directed to me. Bringing up the fact that you just acquired a car is not really personal.

Pretty much is. Directed at you or not, you still practically came screaming in here and slapped up a thread in some random section saying how stoked you were buying a car, which rings true to my first post.

If I was indeed a hater I would have congratulated him like everyone else, but for making probably one of the worst common investments and wasting money. Unfortunately all modern, middle-class ish, cars are made out of a bit of plastic and small gauge tin or steel, albeit they all look good (and so does this one kinda, so +0.5 for finding one that looks half decent...i guess..), they are worth nothing in a few years. If you prang it you're screwed, if something fails mechanically you generally have to replace whole sections, or even the motor, which is basically the core cost of the car anyway. Plus by from the its title alone, a 2013 model, I have a hunch it will go down in price easily after a bit of time anyway. If you have the money (without making a dent in your lifestyle), then it's ok, but if you had that much money anyway you would have probably gone for something of a higher caliber.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:Sounds like it was pretty directed to me. Bringing up the fact that you just acquired a car is not really personal.

Pretty much is. Directed at you or not, you still practically came screaming in here and slapped up a thread in some random section saying how stoked you were buying a car, which rings true to my first post.

If I was indeed a hater I would have congratulated him like everyone else, but for making probably one of the worst common investments and wasting money. Unfortunately all modern, middle-class ish, cars are made out of a bit of plastic and small gauge tin or steel, albeit they all look good (and so does this one kinda, so +0.5 for finding one that looks half decent...i guess..), they are worth nothing in a few years. If you prang it you're screwed, if something fails mechanically you generally have to replace whole sections, or even the motor, which is basically the core cost of the car anyway. Plus by from the its title alone, a 2013 model, I have a hunch it will go down in price easily after a bit of time anyway. If you have the money (without making a dent in your lifestyle), then it's ok, but if you had that much money anyway you would have probably gone for something of a higher caliber.

Your parents will probably also disown you...and forget about having a girlfriend in the meanwhile also.

I expect you should think about filling out a will, these things never end out well.

Hope it's not too bad :roll:

Sucks to be you bro :smt036
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Sol
Forum Addict

Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:

Your parents will probably also disown you...and forget about having a girlfriend in the meanwhile also.

I would be worried having a girlfriend that only sticks around for that car :roll:
You can find something just as good for much less of the price anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

You are right about cars losing value very quickly in the first years, especially this one being a Ford. I got the car because I liked it. It is something decently powerful stock (wasn't looking for uber power), it is a hatch which makes lugging stuff around much easier and has a few tech things that I like. I plan on owning this one for the long haul, so I am not worried about depreciation. Also I know my way around under the hood well enough that if something does break it wont be a huge problem, except for maybe a lost weekends worth of time. But at the same time, it has a 5 year warranty on it so I shouldn't have to worry about it any way. I guess I will try to be less vocal about things from now on. Also, I was just trying to add activity to the NG forum. Not alot goes on around there.

Also, I wouldn't say that you weren't hating, saying things like I should be posting to my FB page full of people I don't know and or not having RL friends, so I only have here to post it to etc....
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Field Marshall wrote:Wow :shock:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Use spoilers for images that stretch the forum, which IIRC, is about 600px in width.

Kthnxbai
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Personally I prefer my four wheel drive turbo or rwd instead of fwd.
(prepare for the hand you steer with to have much bigger biceps then your other hand in the future lol)

But congrats m8. Must be an awesome ride. Haven't yet tried the new ST.

Regards,
KJ
Subaru Addicted.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Drought
Forum Expert

Nice ride, and it being new has lots of advantages making it less trouble for maintenance the coming years.

Don't worry about Sol, he prolly wants that ride for himself *

I do envy you having something like that brand new.
In the future, don't hesitate to show off your new kewl toys ;)

Out of curiosity, what you pay for it ?

* edited to abide by the new CoC rule
Last edited by Drought on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
a very bad hairdo
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Duck Dodgers wrote:Nice ride, and it being new has lots of advantages making it less trouble for maintenance the coming years.

Don't worry when Sol goes jerk on ya, he does that loads of times on quite a few occasions, he probably stuffed one off his tampons in crooked.

I do envy you having something like that brand new.
In the future, don't hesitate to show off your new kewl toys ;)

Out of curiosity, what you pay for it ?

Probably a little more than I should but meh. I got it for a little over 28k, I got the ST2 package. I liked the matching color inserts over the full leather Ricaros. Monthly payment isn't too bad, I put a hefty chunk of change down on it.

As a side note, torque steer is actually pretty manageable. The EPAS system does a decent job keeping it in check. This system is no Revo-knuckle though. I am having alot of fun with it, just trying to not go crazy with it since it is still in its break-in period.

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”