5 month wait - Suggestion

Suggest any improvements
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

5 month wait - Suggestion

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else but i have just ascended on main for the 10th time as i could do with the ascended power points...I hit the button to convert and get this
"You have used all your power to convert the maximal amount of life force (100 trill) or converted to turns on October 13th at 03:37:58 AM gametime you can convert to life force again March 12th at 03:37:58 AM gametime"

So i have to wait until March next year before i can use my points or have i missed something...if i do have to wait until March it is unfair to us who have put of racing to the max amount of times you can ascend just to say you was the first...I want to build certain parts of my account up and by ascending i can do it without having to use all my turns...
Sol 95% of the updates have been great but this one stinks :roll:
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: 5 month wait.

Until Sol boosted the amount of life force you got from the ascended points, you hardly gained anything from the conversion. Those who have finished ascending before the update have had to farm huge amounts of DMU to get to similar positions that those currently ascending are getting with the push of a button. Having to wait 6 months between conversions is nothing.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

5 months is far to long i might as well stick my account on vacation mode until then and i am not going to be the only one who thinks this...100 trill life force is nothing it needs to be at least 250 trill life force before you stick in a massive wedge that stops you from playing for nearly half the year....

also cheers for the reply clockwork...i was starting to think nobody came on here anymore :)
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

The update prevents $$ being pumped into a main account, power ascending, and surpassing those who have worked for years in ascended in just a few weeks. It was introduced when someone was trying to do just that, build a high TOC by power ascending a main with massive UPs every 2 weeks.

The current 5 month wait is deemed as fair by admin. 100 tril life force is huge.. that's 1,000 quad DMU, which takes a very long time to farm (i believe admin and SoL estimated it would take an active player around 3-4 month to farm that when they introduced the update), so even with the 5 month wait ascending nearly doubles the rate at which you can boost your ascended.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Raven
Forum Elite

I still think this needs to be slightly reconsidered.

Some above points are made wich make sense. But also contain some flaws.

100trill LF, is actually not that much in terms of farming. Certainly not 4 months worth if you are active. The limitation on ascended is turns. Making a simple calculation based on 250trill dmu per hit, having acces to your generated turns, and the 4k every 2 weeks, says 250q per 2 weeks = a mere 8 weeks for 1quant. And this is starting with 0 turns.
If you are more careful with your turns wich is easily doable, the figure just goes down.

Setting the max LF at a mere 8weeks average farming is just to low.

I propose some sort of system wich allows people at max ascensions to reset their count (Maybe -5 ascensions every time you press this button) so they would stop complaining on how they can't do this anymore.
100trill ascension are not just a pushover, it requires alot of work for normal people to achieve this multiple times, so they should be rewarded. Balancing it around $$ users is just stupid, then where is our Main balance to prevent cash users from just pushing in some cash?
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

yeap 5 months wait.. doesn't matter if you chose the turns of LF option.. ( I chose the turns one) .. :smt089

you can still use it to convert into turns though

I know I've posted about it elsewhere :smt091

I don't mind the 5month wait, just not it being obvious if you chose the turn option first of it effects the LF option..

My acc has finished ascending
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:I still think this needs to be slightly reconsidered.

100trill LF, is actually not that much in terms of farming. Certainly not 4 months worth if you are active. The limitation on ascended is turns. Making a simple calculation based on 250trill dmu per hit, having acces to your generated turns, and the 4k every 2 weeks, says 250q per 2 weeks = a mere 8 weeks for 1quant. And this is starting with 0 turns.
If you are more careful with your turns wich is easily doable, the figure just goes down.

This was before APP -> AT's. Assuming 15 AT's per turn someone could get ~5040 turns per week, and assuming they blow this all on max turn hits @250 t (336 hits) they could possibly get 100.8 quad per week, effectively 10 weeks to get it.
Again this assumes a few optimal conditions.

Don't forget this 100 trill/1000 quad is effectively work free and instant, it would otherwise be a useless number again. And it was assumed the person who was converting the life force would farm as well. So the bulk would not only have to keep up with the conversion but the continual farming alongside it, although in theory it wouldn't be possible it gives them at least a chance.

Raven wrote:100trill ascension are not just a pushover, it requires alot of work for normal people to achieve this multiple times, so they should be rewarded.

The whole idea was for people not to pump up to ascend, regardless of $$ spenders or not. The fact that they can still get a large amount of LF without wasting anything on ascended is still a bit of a joke. 5 months is good enough. If they want to get a good account fast they can do what we all did and farm.

I'm a bit inclined to chop it up though, instead of 100t per 5 months maybe divide it all by 5 and do 20 t per 1 month.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Raven
Forum Elite

Sol wrote:
Raven wrote:I still think this needs to be slightly reconsidered.

This was before APP -> AT's. Assuming 15 AT's per turn someone could get ~5040 turns per week, and assuming they blow this all on max turn hits @250 t (336 hits) they could possibly get 100.8 quad per week, effectively 10 weeks to get it.
Again this assumes a few optimal conditions.

Don't forget this 100 trill/1000 quad is effectively work free and instant, it would otherwise be a useless number again. And it was assumed the person who was converting the life force would farm as well. So the bulk would not only have to keep up with the conversion but the continual farming alongside it, although in theory it wouldn't be possible it gives them at least a chance.

Raven wrote:100trill ascension are not just a pushover, it requires alot of work for normal people to achieve this multiple times, so they should be rewarded.

The whole idea was for people not to pump up to ascend, regardless of $$ spenders or not. The fact that they can still get a large amount of LF without wasting anything on ascended is still a bit of a joke. 5 months is good enough. If they want to get a good account fast they can do what we all did and farm.

I'm a bit inclined to chop it up though, instead of 100t per 5 months maybe divide it all by 5 and do 20 t per 1 month.

I can understand what you said exept for the last part.

How is ascending with 100trill LF getting a good account fast? The mere time it takes to prepare these babies, doesn't even get near the simplicity of just farming 100trill LF. Wich is quicker and much easier.

And please never ever put in 20trill per month. That is just not even funny anymore. 100 trill per 2 months seems alright. Imo anyone who is active on ascended can easily outdo someone who is solely ascending, while people that are farming + putting a major effort in will gain abit on the ones that are farming. Like it should be.

In the end i mind it less and less. Ascending seems something you dont feel like the way to boost your ascended account, people should farm for that. I have enough trouble doing 99 trill ascensions and i can do them as much as i want.
'Terrorists of SGW'
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:The whole idea was for people not to pump up to ascend, regardless of $$ spenders or not. The fact that they can still get a large amount of LF without wasting anything on ascended is still a bit of a joke. 5 months is good enough. If they want to get a good account fast they can do what we all did and farm.

:smt021 So people would ascend with petty accounts and get hit by the cap? When I was farming a bit more in Main (few months ago) I was able to get 100T per week (most farmers can get a lot more, though they are usually TUKs), which would mean I use 130T on my UP, and BOOM, limit hit - 400k UP = 20T LF (ignoring any other contributing factors).

Anyone who ascends ascends with a lot more than 400k raw UP, unless they feel like wasting their ascensions. :)

Cutting it up would make ascending a living hell, as it would effectively cap the ascending players to a certain set of maxed stats in Main. Interesting to see how you can effect changes in Main by changing things on Ascended. ;)

Then again, if you do it, we will adapt. Early adapters get the best meat. :-D
Sol
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:I can understand what you said exept for the last part.

How is ascending with 100trill LF getting a good account fast? The mere time it takes to prepare these babies, doesn't even get near the simplicity of just farming 100trill LF. Wich is quicker and much easier.

??? I said
If they want to get a good account fast they can do what we all did and farm.

Nonetheless if it was uncapped I can tell you now people would be ascending with large amounts of LF, gaining 1,000 quad per ascension will boost an account a fair bit, maybe not to a state of a good level, but in a few ascensions later it will be good. Mind you, you all saw ETL gain 11,000 q dmu right? Even capped at 100 t that's 11 ascensions. (maybe not you raven :P, perhaps look in some general discussion past threads...or where ever it was)

@juliette, no one ascends with more than they require unless it's to get more APP. Otherwise it would be effectively useless, so I wouldn't tag 400k raw UP as the norm. Can't forget either this is a soft cap, this doesn't remove all your lf if you can't convert it, it just only lets you convert so much so often. The reason for the 20 t to 1 month would be allowing people to get some LF out more often, instead of just getting annoyed about the long waiting period.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Raven
Forum Elite

Sol wrote:
Raven wrote:I can understand what you said exept for the last part.

??? I said
If they want to get a good account fast they can do what we all did and farm.

Nonetheless if it was uncapped I can tell you now people would be ascending with large amounts of LF, gaining 1,000 quad per ascension will boost an account a fair bit, maybe not to a state of a good level, but in a few ascensions later it will be good. Mind you, you all saw ETL gain 11,000 q dmu right? Even capped at 100 t that's 11 ascensions. (maybe not you raven :P, perhaps look in some general discussion past threads...or where ever it was)

@juliette, no one ascends with more than they require unless it's to get more APP. Otherwise it would be effectively useless, so I wouldn't tag 400k raw UP as the norm. Can't forget either this is a soft cap, this doesn't remove all your lf if you can't convert it, it just only lets you convert so much so often. The reason for the 20 t to 1 month would be allowing people to get some LF out more often, instead of just getting annoyed about the long waiting period.

If i farm and someone else farms you will not gain on them though. So farming like everyone else did is not really an option. As far as i knew, ascending was to strenghten your ascended account. Im not sure why that should be capped. Ofcourse you get the infamous cash cows ascending with ridiculous amounts of LF, but that is the deal when you are dealing with a game where ££ gets you anything.

A normal person gathering 1.1q LF would have to do an insane amount of work, and should be rewarded accordingly. I can understand the limitations though. Its a shame you need to balance ascending to protect it from the cash spenders. No normal person could affect ascended that absurdly, so it wouldnt have been needed.
'Terrorists of SGW'
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:@juliette, no one ascends with more than they require unless it's to get more APP. Otherwise it would be effectively useless, so I wouldn't tag 400k raw UP as the norm. Can't forget either this is a soft cap, this doesn't remove all your lf if you can't convert it, it just only lets you convert so much so often. The reason for the 20 t to 1 month would be allowing people to get some LF out more often, instead of just getting annoyed about the long waiting period.
*grin* You do realise that the same amount of LF over the same amount of months is no improvement at all.. you would just be waiting more often, albeit 'shorter'. :P

But as always, adapt and thrive, if you do it, I support it (but not like it, for what that is worth).
woodsy1
Forum Irregular

i think a shorter wait time even if more often is nicer! :)
think if you had to wait 3 weeks * 23 ascentions to get the final ascention but not be able to get the boosts inbetween?
:P
Sol
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:If i farm and someone else farms you will not gain on them though. So farming like everyone else did is not really an option. As far as i knew, ascending was to strenghten your ascended account. Im not sure why that should be capped. Ofcourse you get the infamous cash cows ascending with ridiculous amounts of LF, but that is the deal when you are dealing with a game where ££ gets you anything.

In theory you won't gain on them, but realistically they won't farm all the time and there will be other issues going on behind the scenes, which is the reason for the added time, a bit more of a chance.
Raven wrote:A normal person gathering 1.1q LF would have to do an insane amount of work, and should be rewarded accordingly. I can understand the limitations though. Its a shame you need to balance ascending to protect it from the cash spenders. No normal person could affect ascended that absurdly, so it wouldnt have been needed.

If a normal person gained 1.1 q LF then yes, they would have to do an insane amount of work, which is exactly the reason why I'm using it as the example :P. And yes it is unfortunate, I would have liked to remove the cap, after all if someone managed to build a large account (without the use of any $$) then they deserve to get some retribution in ascended without limitation.

@Juliette: I know I know, but I stated my reasoning for it:
The reason for the 20 t to 1 month would be allowing people to get some LF out more often, instead of just getting annoyed about the long waiting period.
. This means they would get 200 q per month, instead of waiting for a long haul. But this will also force more people to be caught up in the cap.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Yes, you think it is nicer now.. until it is implemented. ;)

Effectively neither 20T-5 or 100T-1 makes any difference, so I rescind my earlier protest; at the rate/costs which come with a good ascension, you can use 5 months to farm semi-actively, at which point you have built up your account enough to ascend, and then either you convert/spend 100T LF all at once or in batches of 20 each month while you build up for your next ascension. :)

(Yes, I and those who play like me play the long game.) :P

ps. One thingy though; that achievement "gather 30T LF", does it have an evil brother called "gather 300T LF" later? Practical question.

Return to “Suggestions”