Pergatory- limit

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Pergatory- limit

Current one (as far as I remember is the size)

Some strong people bypass that send their army to someone and enter the realm to either hunt the weak or run from the strong and hide between weak.

My thinking:
Limit in prgatory should actually be NAQ invested into account instead of the Size in order to prevent anyone bypassing the purpose of pergatory.

So that is that
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Re: Pergatory- limit

What amount of naq invested do you suggest?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

1 quad :shock:
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

I believe we have to come to that agreement together.

The only suggestion is to use the army limit as a way to measure this. Meaning if the current limit is about 60 mils of army size. You use that and add a bit so to not limit the players around that range too much.
So example: We use a 100 mils person. Sure he may have good planets, but if he does, than he got that naq in some way and could have easily increased his army size instead, so we are talking normal income from the planets as well.

Lets say 25 bils per turn should be "plenty" = 1,2 trills a day = without farming is about 36 trills per month and in a year he would still make under half a QUAD
Sure he can farm or sell some other stuff for NAQ and increases that, but in that aspect he already becomes quite capable to easily pass the 60 mils army limit and 100 mils as well...

Also market prices are = lets say 700 bils per 1 mils UU means 50 mils of UU = 35 trills

Do you see where I am getting?

We just need to set an imaginary border which doesnt exactly twist arms, but also disable people to bash the weak and hide in there.

It may sound little but I actually suggest 200 trills invested into account should be more than enough. However like I said feel free to debate about it if you wish

The point is that we effectively get rid of people who abuse the system on the basis of army size in order to bash the weak or hide their asses where their asses should not have been in the first place.

I do not think that playing smart and twisting the game mechanics so that it works in your way is abusing the system. Well normally but in this case it can be abused a lot misused greatly and can hurt the players for which pergatory was set up in the first place. The NAQ invested limit effectively eliminates that.
I also think that anyone who has spent over 200 trills on his account is big boy enough not to hide in that realm

That is my thinking
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

id say the new covert rule + the restriction on covert turns + the no trading +the army cap keeps people down

i keep my account in perg as icba with playing in main and i havent seen any of this bulying you describe could you post some evidence?
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You realise that:
1. that is almost uncodable
2. this is a targeted update -> need damned good arguments beyond "omg, WW is ruining the game" (because given the number of people still going in / out of Pergatory, he is not..)

I am opposed. The army-size limit works fine. Pergatory was not meant to be predator-free.

And this:
Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:id say the new covert rule + the restriction on covert turns + the no trading +the army cap keeps people down

i keep my account in perg as icba with playing in main and i havent seen any of this bulying you describe could you post some evidence?

Did any of the people suggesting this even stay in Pergatory?
wasmguy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 68961
Alternate name(s): Western Warrior

I'm sorry but my mind boggles at the shear arrogance and audacity of some people in norm who have no concept of how perg operates. Usually I wont post because of how people love to jump on the hate bandwagon throwing logic and reason aside (but a few have already proven me wrong there)

If anyone wants to have a proper discussion, I will gladly talk to them on MSN.

Lastly, 200T? Seriously? I know someone who farmed 100T in one TC, and you can raid 60 mil even easier than that...
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:Some strong people bypass that send their army to someone and enter the realm to either hunt the weak or run from the strong and hide between weak.

There are already measures to limit the attacks/raiding and sabbing of players in perg, and if there isn't already an attack limit, similar to vac such that you cannot attack another within 24 hrs, then there can be one made.
If someone started massing a small player without them engaging the larger player then I don't see why they shouldn't be aloud to run to perg and hide.
If some one tried to chase the small player then they would be loosing all turns after every jump.

I see nothing wrong with perg at the momento. Although it might be good to do a random boot every 14-21 days of some users (not all at once), just to stir the batch around. After all purgatory is effectively limbo, not a permanent place.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:id say the new covert rule + the restriction on covert turns + the no trading +the army cap keeps people down

forgot to add the 60at per target per 24 hours rule to the list of restrictions
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

SVaRuN
Forum Elder

First of all

If you are able to farm 100 trills that means that you are able to get your army easily above 100 mils which essentially means that... well your ass does not belong in pergatory.

Second. Ok so little guys in pergatory cant be attacked much. Can they get their planet stolen?
Or lets touch on the second issue. Does that prevent some huge ass player to hide his ass in pergatory? Well the answer is NO it does not.

Well anyway. I personally could care less about some people like WW or whoever abusing the pergatory system. I just heard people complaining about it, than checked the entire pergatory system, saw the flaw which is easily abused and came up with an idea which eliminates that kind of abuse.
If people do not want to implement it in general and want to leave that option there, or find it too troublesome. That is an entirely different thing and I have no problem with it whatsoever. Keep it and dont mind me. I am off from this thread

I was just trying to help here and put the idea forward. It is up to the SGW society weather to use it or not.

Have a nice day people and please relax, no one wanted to do you harm.

Blue out
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

If your gonna limit it why not just ban Unknowns.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:Second. Ok so little guys in pergatory cant be attacked much. Can they get their planet stolen?
Or lets touch on the second issue. Does that prevent some huge ass player to hide his ass in pergatory? Well the answer is NO it does not.

Would little guys even have planets worth stealing? Would they invest trills of naq into anyway? They could probably just steal back an even better one.

Hide against what? An even bigger player? He won't be gaining anything by running to perg, and if the vac thing is taken into account then chances are he probably provoked someone to attack in which case he won't be able to go into perg. Further if someone is fairly larger than him such that he would loose all his AT's, he would have to send all his UU away, loose the ability to trade between users, have crap farming outcomes and be ridiculed by the opposing player/alliance, by jumping to perg. Then it's his/her choice.
Last edited by Sol on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Na Blue, I think I get where the shoe wrings.
Your perception of Pergatory is incorrect, at least towards the way it is played. It is not a place for people who 'cannot get past 60M', it is a place where people go to 'stay safe', or generally play Main at a 'slower' pace - unless you are very good / effective. :)

Hell, everyone can get past the Perg Limit within an hour of raiding in Pergatory. ;)
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:
Hell, everyone can get past the Perg Limit within an hour of raiding in Pergatory. ;)

from 120 total army size to 60mill in 20mins :-D if you have a raid list
Winston Churchill

SVaRuN
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:Na Blue, I think I get where the shoe wrings.
Your perception of Pergatory is incorrect, at least towards the way it is played. It is not a place for people who 'cannot get past 60M', it is a place where people go to 'stay safe', or generally play Main at a 'slower' pace - unless you are very good / effective. :)

Yeah well people who came to me with the problem were basically whining that people go there to hide. Than they tell me a couple of examples. And I am like what? How can he possibly even go there. (not meant for him)
They say, he sends his units and so on and forth.

So if some huge ass guy is hiding in there in order to keep his planets safe, to hide from a certain alliance and so on...that is ok?

Well fine by me. But I do not think perg is meant for that.

P.S. Juliette have you written your stuff about Talamasca, or are you slacking :P

Return to “Game Suggestions”