Scenester
Forum Regular

Congrats

1 Jack Oneil (Goa'uld)
2 Abhi (Replicator)
3 ElgCaress (Tauri)
4 devias (Asgard)
5 maninho (Asgard)

Gotta say, its been an awkward era though.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Congrats

Thanks, personally I'm surprised Abhi got between me and Elg. Didn't see that one coming :)
Why do you think of it as an awkward era? :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Scenester
Forum Regular

Neimenljivi wrote:Thanks, personally I'm surprised Abhi got between me and Elg. Didn't see that one coming :)

~Jack

Because the total of the entire era's turns used against me are : 3
Absolutely nothing happend this ''era of glory'' .
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Touché.
I did some massings in the first month but saw it doesn't actually help your glory, the way it should.. So I've given up on that and decided I'd try to get #1 instead.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
devildog
Fledgling Forumer
Race: USMC
ID: 82504101

Good job on achieving #1 Jack....congrats!
Abhi
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Neimenljivi wrote:Thanks, personally I'm surprised Abhi got between me and Elg. Didn't see that one coming :)

~Jack

Thanks Jack, I'll take that as a compliment. Though I have to say, I am a little disappointed... I was going for rank 1 :P

But good job on getting rank 1
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Well I honestly thought it was a close battle between me and Elg and didn't see you coming in front of either of us. So considering how you beat Elg, you had the chance to be #1 as well, especially as I was concentrating on beating Elg in as many rankings as possible, not necessarily looking at what might get me the lowest possible rank count. I have to be more careful the next era I play for real, as it was damn close I imagine :P So yeah, it was a compliment to you as well :)

Well done to everyone who enjoyed the era :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine

I recon had you not sniped me for that 23T a couple of hours before the end Abhi and I would have had a much more interesting fight for 1st and 2nd place. Consider the lesson learned. ;)

Well played all! :-)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Hehe well it was nothing personal :P You can't leave that much out and think it's safe :P

Anyway, I had about 7 ranks lead before Abhi..So even without that naq I probably would have still finished in front of Abhi. Bare in mind that I spent a lot of ATs after I sniped you for raiding, which I wouldn't have otherwise, and would have farmed more. Granted, I'd have about 10mil less units, but that wouldn't have made such a difference I reckon ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer

No, the fault is all mine. I usually don't attack or snipe people i'm on friendly footing with. Thats why I did not snipe you when you were farming the same time I did. I will not make the mistake again...hence my comment 'lesson learned'. ;)

I dont agree with your assessment of the situation for various reasons but Im not going to go into it as its pointless, the era is finished. I will just end by saying congrats on the win :-)

Edit: On second thought...let me just point out to you how different it would have been...

If you add up total rankings for the 3 of us including Glory ranks ttls are (excl anti covert)

Jack 21 (You were Glory rank 12)
Abhi 20 (Abhi was Glory rank 4)
Elg 18 (I was Glory rank 2)

Even though you raided to get units for covert and a/c I did not bother with that as I new with my race, techs and units I had I would not get lower than rank 3 in covert & a/c and that 23 T would have gone straight to def, m/s and strike for the end...all I would have needed was just to gain at least 1 point in a rank which i'm sure I would have managed with that 23T and you would have landed below Second Place, maybe even further down the ranking depending on all you had gained in spending that 23T.

Hmmmm...anyways looking at those totals how in the world did Total Rank end up like that? Unless Glory wasn't calculated in the final Rank?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Well Elg although I do respect you for your fair play and honesty, me and you never even talked aside the occasional chit-chat on forums. So I didn't really consider us as being on friendly terms. If we had conversed from time to time privately then I wouldn't have done it, but seeing how we haven't, I didn't consider it. Obviously I thought in the same situation you would have done the same. And let's face it, I never had such huge amounts of naq out and trying to snipe for 10 attacks which I quickly banked is much different than sniping for 40+ attacks with naq being out for what, 10 minutes?
I obviously didn't consider you as my enemy, otherwise I would have made the most of my upper hand for that brief moment (and we both know one can cause serious damage in that little time). I considered us in neutral terms and seeing how it was between you and me, or so I thought (as I didn't consider Abhi as a possible winner), I chose to go for #1 myself ;)

Well the only ranking you were in front of me was AC. That was the only ranking, I was in front of you in all other rankings (except GnR which didn't influence the rankings at all during that whole era, which was told to admin during the era). You were 3 ranks behind me in defense, 2 in MS and 1 in attack and covert. The power differences weren't that big, so you having the 23T would have made it a bigger challenge, but I did spent about 700 ATs after that raiding, which I would otherwise have spent for farming. So granted, it would have been much closer between us, but with pretty much equal stats I had more ATs than you, and bigger army size ;)

Anyway, I'll let bygones be bygones. I didn't consider us being on friendly terms before, because I didn't think you considered us on these terms. I am more than willing to change that, though :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer

See here: https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=194144&start=15
Forum wrote:well done :)
Do ppls think glory should remain ranked? If so, i will add it to the qunatum legends....as of right now it is not separately recorded ...
I will ensure the overall ranks at the end did count it :) -- have the raw data so no problem there.

upwards and onwards :)

After that post I assumed it will count. Yes you posted after his post arguing against it but he never posted after that confirming that it will now not be counted in.

I for one think it should be counted to prevent semi-actives & non actives from coming in the last couple of days and take the top spot. This has happened on quite a few occasions and should be looked at. If there are no real benefits to be an active player from day 1 throughout the era then whats the point in playing it.

Anyways, moving on..
Abhi
Forum Irregular

ElgCaress wrote:If you add up total rankings for the 3 of us including Glory ranks ttls are (excl anti covert)

Actually, if you put in AC ranks (I was rank 1 with 3,562 bil, Elg was rank 2 with 3,299 bil, and Jack was rank 3 with 3,090 bil), you get the following

Jack 24 (or 23 since I thought his glory rank was 11)
Abhi 21
Elg 20

And if Elg and Jack did switch AC ranks, then we would have had a tie for rank 1. Anyone knows what happens in that case?

But in the end, yea, similar result
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Abhi wrote:
ElgCaress wrote:If you add up total rankings for the 3 of us including Glory ranks ttls are (excl anti covert)

Actually, if you put in AC ranks (I was rank 1 with 3,562 bil, Elg was rank 2 with 3,299 bil, and Jack was rank 3 with 3,090 bil), you get the following

Jack 24 (or 23 since I thought his glory rank was 11)
Abhi 21
Elg 20

And if Elg and Jack did switch AC ranks, then we would have had a tie for rank 1. Anyone knows what happens in that case?

But in the end, yea, similar result

In case of a tie for ranks its completely random and changes every turn between the two, after you get booted from server several turns run before legends are posted. Lulz its happened a few times.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year

Return to “General”