Lets play a game called teach JMX

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

Lets play a game called teach JMX

So I just got massive surgery on my shoulder. Figured I'd give newgrounds a try. Who wants to explain this crap to me:

stargates
how raiding works since it is obviously different
boson higgs
ascending
techs
pastors
Gating people
blitzkrieg
tips and tricks
how this ties into main

Thanks fir teaching the retard :D

-JMX
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Lets play a game called teach JMX

JediMasterX wrote:So I just got massive surgery on my shoulder. Figured I'd give newgrounds a try. Who wants to explain this crap to me:

stargates
There are 2 forms of travel - by Motherships and by Stargate.
Various different attacks require different forms of travel -> if you (or your opponent of choice) have no Stargate, you will see these options 'greyed out'.
Buying a stargate is one thing (10M investment), maintaining it is another. It degrades over time and over use, and if left in disrepair it will break.
JediMasterX wrote:how raiding works since it is obviously different
Raiding requires a stargate on both ends of the raid, and you can raid up to your UP per day (this is referred to as the Daily Integration Limit, and when you go to raid someone you can see it on the attack page).
JediMasterX wrote:boson higgs
This is the power measurement, a substantial amount of these is required for ascension. They are produced by the 'ascension helper' units (Pastors, Rastamen..)
JediMasterX wrote:ascending
Ascension strips your account of everything on it except Naq. Your stats will get a substantial bonus per ascension. There are 20 (21) levels of ascension.
JediMasterX wrote:techs
Techs are your basic stat increasers; you invest Naquadah, and you get a % boost per upgrade.
JediMasterX wrote:pastors
Pastors, or ascension helpers, are units that produce the Higgs for your ascensions. Once trained they cannot be untrained. You can have 33% of your population in Ascension Helpers effectively (more is possible but less effective).
JediMasterX wrote:Gating people
At a cost of some Naquadah you can build a Stargate in an enemy realm. This is particularly useful when you want to raid someone who has a lot of UU, but no stargate; you build one.
JediMasterX wrote:tips and tricks
*grin* I am sure the players will help with this. ;)
JediMasterX wrote:how this ties into main
At your 20th ascension you will be rewarded with a Main account; this account is entirely yours to do with as you see fit, even if you already have one Main account, you earned it through about 5-6 months of hard work. (You might be faster now, for now.) It will be recognisable in Main by a prefix. (Longer discussion: viewtopic.php?f=288&t=193209)

JediMasterX wrote:Thanks fir teaching the retard :D
-JMX
Hope you have fun. :)
_Qba
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Damn... I spent last 10 min answering that... Need to type faster next time :D
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

_Qba wrote:Damn... I spent last 10 min answering that... Need to type faster next time :D
I was hitting preview the whole time to see if anyone would beat me to it. :oops:
I was very succinct though, so feel free to add your own insights. I think that might be worth more to JMX than my factual sum-up of things. :P
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

ok that helps a bit. Thanks Julliet.

Sooooooooo any advice guys?

-JMX
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
HippyFool
Forum Elder

JediMasterX wrote:ok that helps a bit. Thanks Julliet.

-JMX

If your goal is getting to lvl 20 fast in order to either A) become powerful in this server of B) get a legal multi in main (or both):

Spend all naq on UP and god techs. Best source of naq at the moment is the 3x weekly MT. You can probably get to about lvl 5 in a day or 2 with the naq you get atm.

Remember that ascension units only work up to 1/3 of your army (if you have 30k army, have 10k ascension units).

PPT is generally not worth sticking on as you have no income to protect at lower levels. Better off coming off PPT and raiding each day.

Also, make friends with some ppl and when ppl ascend they will probably send you some of their UU. The max UU you can get per day is 3x your UP (1x from your UP, 1x from raiding, 1x from getting sent UU)

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
~Bullseye~
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1990685
Alternate name(s): ~Bullseye~ ~Beelzebub~ Domino

HippyFool wrote:
JediMasterX wrote:ok that helps a bit. Thanks Julliet.

-JMX

If your goal is getting to lvl 20 fast in order to either A) become powerful in this server of B) get a legal multi in main (or both):

Spend all naq on UP and god techs. Best source of naq at the moment is the 3x weekly MT. You can probably get to about lvl 5 in a day or 2 with the naq you get atm.

Remember that ascension units only work up to 1/3 of your army (if you have 30k army, have 10k ascension units).

PPT is generally not worth sticking on as you have no income to protect at lower levels. Better off coming off PPT and raiding each day.

Also, make friends with some ppl and when ppl ascend they will probably send you some of their UU. The max UU you can get per day is 3x your UP (1x from your UP, 1x from raiding, 1x from getting sent UU)

He has a friend in me. Once i ascend to 20, i will help all i can to get him to lvl 20. :)
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Thanks guys.

Do i want to ascend as fast as possible or do i want to take my time to get a stronger main account by investing in certain things?

-JMX
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

JediMasterX wrote:Thanks guys.

Do i want to ascend as fast as possible or do i want to take my time to get a stronger main account by investing in certain things?

-JMX

I really hope the answer is as fast as possible...because that is all I have done :smt081
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Field Marshall wrote:
JediMasterX wrote:Thanks guys.

-JMX
I really hope the answer is as fast as possible...because that is all I have done :smt081
The power of your account makes no difference to the account you get in Main. So I would argue fast as possible is a good way to go.. but as the game matures, you might need to look out for alliances who can work to your benefit (and against you). :)
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

So dveloping of the NG account is gonna effect how developed the main account is?

Also can anyone explain raiding to me? My strike is almost twice this one guy's and its getting stomped everytime i raid. I already have a gate constructed on him.

-JMX
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

JediMasterX wrote:So dveloping of the NG account is gonna effect how developed the main account is?
No. It has no effect. :)
JediMasterX wrote:Also can anyone explain raiding to me? My strike is almost twice this one guy's and its getting stomped everytime i raid. I already have a gate constructed on him.
-JMX
You need gate-capable weapons. If you have the biggest weapons, they do not fit through the gate (hence the ** in their name and the info in the tag), and you cannot use them to raid. :)
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my noobness wins this round.

-JMX
{TAF DESCENTIONS}

Return to “New Grounds General”