Higgs ---> over ascended limit

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Higgs ---> over ascended limit

So you reach the point where you can ascend, but you dont have the NAQ or there is some other reason preventing you...

But Higgs still generate = waste of those higgs per turn. Now could there be some bonus you would get for more higgs over ascended limit.

Like Idk Your bank increases or something at least so that this is not just wasted and pointless
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Higgs ---> over ascended limit

its like GNR was on main.

Wait 6 years and there might be an update to use excess higgs. haha
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

i ask myself why to train more prists after last ascension if that points dont help me?? that can help only to can have top rank and nothing else.....

™LoT
Forum Regular

Z E R O wrote:its like GNR was on main.

Wait 6 years and there might be an update to use excess higgs. haha

is not good reason to train so many prists lol

Z E R O
Forum Addict

maybe priests could be given some sort of other purpose for 20x ascended folk?

It does seem like there is no reason any would train priests except for rank after ascension is complete. It'd be nice if that aspect of the ranking were to be removed once you hit 20, and then your rank based on only the other stats.. Or if another use for them could be come up.. perhaps like an "ascended blessing" that would use up higgs or something to do? I would not recommend making it as significant as 2x like in main.. but perhaps up to 25% increased strike, or chance to lose no MS's or units? I don't know..
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Ascension does not 'cost' anything except Higgs. Any overflow will be minimal, but worthless. (Hence 'ready for ascension', no more Higgs count.)

As for priests after the final ascension.. since you have no more use for them, why would you train them? :) I mean, I am all for disabling training for that unit at that ascension level should it be necessary..

SVaRuN wrote:So you reach the point where you can ascend, but you dont have the NAQ or there is some other reason preventing you...

But Higgs still generate = waste of those higgs per turn. Now could there be some bonus you would get for more higgs over ascended limit.

Like Idk Your bank increases or something at least so that this is not just wasted and pointless
Z E R O wrote:maybe priests could be given some sort of other purpose for 20x ascended folk?

It does seem like there is no reason any would train priests except for rank after ascension is complete. It'd be nice if that aspect of the ranking were to be removed once you hit 20, and then your rank based on only the other stats.. Or if another use for them could be come up.. perhaps like an "ascended blessing" that would use up higgs or something to do? I would not recommend making it as significant as 2x like in main.. but perhaps up to 25% increased strike, or chance to lose no MS's or units? I don't know..
Slim87R
Forum Expert

It could still potentially be a good idea to train up a small amount of priests after the final ascension. You have to look at your future selfs' hindsight. What if they decide a year or 2 down the road that they want to add a level 21 at the cost of 5 billion higgs with x30 power to provide something for people who have been at level 20 forever? If that were the case and you had a trickle of higgs coming down from the beginning, you are now way ahead of the guys who didn't train any. Just sayin'.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

And if not you are wasting your units for nothing

General rules need to be known in advance and than players get the chance to act on that data and play accordingly

New updates flying in should not in any way be helping just some who were lucky

Be it have priests trained or used their MT earlier in the week.

Cause than I can also just say to you.

Better buy that tech reducing levels up to level 100

Who knows maybe 2 years from now they will decide and make it REALLY expensive and than you would have wished you did!

It's just a silly example but you do understand what I am saying right? If you wish to have a fair game where the rules and conditions are same for everyone than you need to be careful with what you do and how you do it and if you do change things you better make sure they effect all of the community in a more or less same way and if not, that they rather work on shrinking instead of increasing the gap between the top and the bottom.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

SVaRuN wrote:And if not you are wasting your units for nothing

General rules need to be known in advance and than players get the chance to act on that data and play accordingly

New updates flying in should not in any way be helping just some who were lucky

Be it have priests trained or used their MT earlier in the week.

Cause than I can also just say to you.

Better buy that tech reducing levels up to level 100

Who knows maybe 2 years from now they will decide and make it REALLY expensive and than you would have wished you did!

It's just a silly example but you do understand what I am saying right? If you wish to have a fair game where the rules and conditions are same for everyone than you need to be careful with what you do and how you do it and if you do change things you better make sure they effect all of the community in a more or less same way and if not, that they rather work on shrinking instead of increasing the gap between the top and the bottom.

I understand what you are saying, but I am using MAIN as an example. They started tacking on ascensions later in the game, so the same thing could end up happening here.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

Yes but the effect was small in main and didnt really disable someone in some huge way.
This is also one of the reasons why it is extremely important to announce updates well in advance (not just few days if possible) because it gives players really a chance to get to know them and gives them time to prepare themselves
™LoT
Forum Regular

you can leave prists there and maybe can give a little boost on somthing evrithing(10 % def,lose 50% less MS or anything) not too big advantage but not too less one if you have train 10,15 % from your AS (Army Size)when you have that procent you beneficiate from that little boost..when you dont have you dont...simple...

but if you want that gone you must cancel from prists influence your rank....

El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

Once you have reached final ascension priests could become a power up for one of your other skills using their devine knowledge. You would devote them to attack or defense or covert. But you could only choose one and then they would entirely be set to that specific skill. You could untrain them and set them in another direction but at a high cost and it would have to be all of them. Obviously there would have to be a set percentage that they increased the power by so as not to make it over the top.
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Well, whatever you want to do with them, you have to implement it soon. Some are at the doorstep of 20. If priests do nothing at level 20, then it is unfair to keep them in the ranking structure. You are essentially forcing people at level 20 to train priests for rank, and that is a waste of citizens that you could have doing other things that are actually useful.
Z E R O
Forum Addict

**Filtered** wrote:Well, whatever you want to do with them, you have to implement it soon. Some are at the doorstep of 20. If priests do nothing at level 20, then it is unfair to keep them in the ranking structure. You are essentially forcing people at level 20 to train priests for rank, and that is a waste of citizens that you could have doing other things that are actually useful.

I think I mentioned that about 8 posts ago :P...

Though, as a thought. Should not being a high rank and being powerful and showing your force via taking a high rank come at some cost? Maybe your civilians would need to incorporate religion in their society, despite being so enlightened, to reach maximum capacity. The way things are, a Lvl 25 with 200 in each tech, and 20/20 cov levels (not overly expensive tbh) could probably get rank one with less than 50k units... if they did not have to train priests to supplement their rank. It can't be easy to get to the top, there should be some sacrifice.
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Am Heh
Forum Expert
ID: 1920361

If your going the way of stat boost,

At level 20, the priests should die off every 24 hours. The bonus should have a high cost if its 10 percent or 20 percent. Aka if u want bonus u pay 1/3 of army every day.

Or you could just make it like the MS,

Need to have x % of slots compared to army size in order to get bonus
I give peace for traders

Return to “New Grounds General”