Suggestions

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Suggestions

As I have the power to influence the Quantum section forums, I want to hear your take on this. What changes would you like in Quantum forums?

This is the place to post all your ideas you've had over the years, but had no one who would listen to them.
Of course post valid suggestions and also post why you think they would be good for the forums, don't just say "I want *** changed" - post what you want to change it into and why you want that changed and also what good do you think will come out of it.

For any big changes I'll set up a pool for users to vote in whether they are in favour of it or against. Any any really big changes need 60% of votes to be for the change.

So - fire away!

~Jack

Update:

Public feedback or suggestions can continue to be posted and discussed here.

Private feedback can go to the Quantum Admin Haz,
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7178
Last edited by Caprila on Mon May 12, 2014 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added update of staff change
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

Re: Suggestions

Mercury Rising wrote:I propose that inactives do not generate income/units or anything of the matter, unless the account is logged in to activate it. This way active players must farm eachother! make alliances, mass and actually be forced to use real tactics. And then from there, you can invent your 'Perk' or spice i think you've been calling it.

EDIT: Would this not attract others players, to start playing quantum?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

This is about the forums mate, not the game. I have no real effect on the game development, I only have the power to influence Quantum forum section, so the suggestions have to be about the forums :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

Yeah i know, but if i post it here maybe people look at my Idea :P, I will keep on topic now.

I guess you don't have the power to do this, but perhaps a sub section, in game under bank (just like in main how you have "notes) for forums topics...I.E a reminder section notifying everyone when the forums have been posted on.

Until something like that happens, i don't think there will be much forum activity here.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Mercury Rising wrote:Yeah i know, but if i post it here maybe people look at my Idea :P, I will keep on topic now.

I guess you don't have the power to do this, but perhaps a sub section, in game under bank (just like in main how you have "notes) for forums topics...I.E a reminder section notifying everyone when the forums have been posted on.

Until something like that happens, i don't think there will be much forum activity here.

I dont play Q, but this sounds like an excellent idea for the less busy servers.
However, Neim doesnt have the power to do that I'm afraid! Though I can and should bring it to Admin's attention.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nothing. It works juuust fine, like it has for years. *nods*
Scenester
Forum Regular

I would like to see a thread at which mods (with power) ACTUALLY regularly look at.
Tons of bugs aren't fixed until dáys after, and after the first 2-3 weeks NOTHING will be changed untill the era ends.
:-k
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I have admin's personal e-mail so I do tend to send him an email when a bug or two are detected. So hopefully this era has been a bit better about this, and hopefully it will continue in this trend - to make things better :)
As far as mod activity goes - do you have any specific examples?

I also think "don't fix it if it ain't broken" isn't the kind of attitude that makes things better. So if you have any idea at all, even if about a thing that works ok, but you think it could be made better, don't hesitate to say.

I like the proposal about a reminder section inside the game, notifying people to check the forums. Like Jim said, unfortunately I don't have the power to make it a reality (well I have as much of it as anyone else can do to influence the game itself, giving suggestions through proper channels), but I'm glad Jim will bring it to J's attention.

Keep the ball running guys, the more suggestions, the better things can become :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
smooshable
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Given that there are so few quantum players and even less so using the forums, I'd like to see them condensed down to three forums from 7, to make the whole thing look a bit more active.

I would suggest merging:

General (Quantum Wars General; Quantum Recruit; Tips and Tricks)
For Admin (Bugs - Quantum); Game Cop Section; Suggestions)
Archives (Archives)

If it looks more active, I think more people will use it.
Indu and proud of it!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

smooshable wrote:Given that there are so few quantum players and even less so using the forums, I'd like to see them condensed down to three forums from 7, to make the whole thing look a bit more active.

I would suggest merging:

General (Quantum Wars General; Quantum Recruit; Tips and Tricks)
For Admin (Bugs - Quantum); Game Cop Section; Suggestions)
Archives (Archives)

If it looks more active, I think more people will use it.
Seconded. :)
Merge (as in truly merge, not make umbrella categories which they would fall under; although that could work too), and use stickies to point out the use of the sections?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Thanks smoosh, it is a very valid point you made. A psychological trick that might indeed bring more life to these forums. I have to sleep it over before deciding anything though. And as I've only got 4h of sleep at my disposal right now, it will take another night lol.
One section is still under probation, but am leaning towards removing it and merging it with another anyway. So I am thinking about merging the Bugs and Game Cop Section and Suggestions into For Admin, will probably leave QW General, to which Q Recruit will fall under as well (Q Recruit is the section under the probation so it will probably be removed as a section), while Tips and Tricks will stay as a section for itself - it makes it easier to find for new players and new forum users (which benefit the most from having it - it is a section most intended for them)

As I said all suggestions are welcomed and are given a consideration, so please come forth everyone :)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “General”