Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Discussion split from: TOC - expending the function

long post is long, especially at 7am and I need sleep, :D

the only issue I have with Toc and descending ppl, is the ease to descend inactives or small accounts. I normally only descend someone when I have a real need to do it ie in a war

at the risk of repeating myself once again, I think the rank/size law should also apply to descention attacks..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: TOC - expending the function

Ryuujin Jakka wrote:i agree on sav on this to give toc another function , would make it more interesting to keep active and enjoy make descention a battle which maybe depends on some skill also not just an alarm

like if people refill they can still be weakend by massing inbetween hits to make it a challenge for both defender and attacker would keep alot of people more active and always logged in when also in main

and maybe change the turn regime , the naq increased in gw , why didnt the DMU and turns increase?

The Dmu did increase, although not much. Only way it increased is simply more people above the 5bill limit. Never understood why a 1 bill CER, would drop to 100mill straight away when moving over the limit. CeR has pretty much no meaning right now.

Problem is if you raise the limit or lighten it, everyone who ever ascended will be badly messed up since their levels just became worthless.

Anyway my point is, TOC is one of the many things out of sync. I am sure Sol will have some ideas coming in over the next year.
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Yes and no

the way it is currently played yes. The way it would be after that, no...

Why not? well because people would simply stop using cashe as a LF bank (unless they have to do the 30 trills + LF achievement which by that time most of the active players willl be done with (and it would be unfair for those who have yet to make it there)

So similar to now, I would get hit and hit again would come in to refill LF but first do a couple of farming hits and just refill

As for CER comment above I do agree that it is a bit problematic, but...
I think something else needs to get fixed first or it will create a whole bunch of problems. You see this CER and 5 bils limit is being used by snipers.
Meaning a lot of people can be reached if you are about 5-6 bils big. So you just go kamikaze and wrack some poor 10 bils + player up...

You recover like nothing happened within a week with the help of super dooper CER while he has been massed down to idk 6-7 bils and will take months to recover...

Is that fair? not in the slightest and that is the only reason why some people dont even invest in stats. By the current standards it would be stupid.

One option to solve this would actually be to

lower the CAP a bit to idk 2 bils
ease on the % of growth lost after breaching the cap
BUT!
adding the TOC = weakining your CER as well

meaning if you bombard them you can limit their growth and prevent snipers to have their merry way. Actually with that in place people would not be so reckless into going kamikaze, knowing fully that this can lead into them waiting for weeks or months before they can go on their kamikaze way again.
Meaning people not in conflict will grow faster than people who want to burn everything to the ground and ruin people's game play, which imo is the way how it should be
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Methinks you two have been away too long.
Raven
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:Methinks you two have been away too long.

Did i not tell you that the ascended account i left 4 years ago, could still be used today? It has 45bill planets, and stats equal to good account these days.
It was the sec best CER in those days, but still. 4 years, and no change, is ridiculous.
'Terrorists of SGW'
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Raven wrote:
Did i not tell you that the ascended account i left 4 years ago, could still be used today? It has 45bill planets, and stats equal to good account these days.
It was the sec best CER in those days, but still. 4 years, and no change, is ridiculous.
You did indeed. My point is not so much that the accounts you guys use are 'not fitting' but rather that your point of view is dated. :) If CER was rated along with the other 'top 10 greatest' you would see. :P

Besides, the only reason it goes down that much is because the cap only starts affecting accounts above 5B, while it starts counting from 2B. (So 2B planets: no CER reduction, but the 'counter' starts; 5B planets: CER reduction, 3B over cap = ~20%?)
Raven
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:
Raven wrote:
You did indeed. My point is not so much that the accounts you guys use are 'not fitting' but rather that your point of view is dated. :) If CER was rated along with the other 'top 10 greatest' you would see. :P

Besides, the only reason it goes down that much is because the cap only starts affecting accounts above 5B, while it starts counting from 2B. (So 2B planets: no CER reduction, but the 'counter' starts; 5B planets: CER reduction, 3B over cap = ~20%?)

Would it matter if there was a rank? It is pointless to boast about a 3bill CER, because you are in the same boat as someone with a 500mill CER. Not from 0 on ofcourse, but after 8bill or so, the difference are so minimal, why would you even invest in it.

The more time you spend improving your account the more boring it becomes. There is no cap wich is slightly raised, no movement. The only thing you can do after spending massive amounts of time and effort is descending smaller players. If you have 20bill+ planets don't even think about war. If 15bill would be destroyed you would be a year further before you get that back.
'Terrorists of SGW'
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Haha, so cute. :) Raven, dearest, if you have 3B CER or 100M CER makes 30x difference at ALL Expanse levels.

If I have 10B planets and 3B CER, I grow 30 times as fast as someone with 10B planets and 100M CER. So yeah, there is a big benefit to having a massive CER. Not to mention the fact that - as Ascended is meant - fighting with others while having a 3B CER allows you to rebuild extremely fast (sure, you hit the 'cap' within 2 days, but your regeneration above that level is still a lot higher than your weak CERed opponent). :)
Hope that makes sense?

Unlimited planets = bad. Unlimited CER (save theoretically) = good. :P
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

Actually I think you are underestimating the two of us girl :)

The time when we had rust and outdated look on SGW is gone, me and Rave dont need that long to adapt ;)
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SVaRuN wrote:Actually I think you are underestimating the two of us girl :)
I am quite sure I underestimate you. :) You do realise I only respond to what I read though, right? ;)
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

....ok...

what does CER hve to do with other functins of TOC ...
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Guild wrote:....ok...

what does CER hve to do with other functins of TOC ...
It seems in the opinion of Svarun and Raven, that CER and TOC have become 'disconnected' from the reality of Ascended.
XenoX
Forum Expert
Race: Hastati

I agree with ToC being almost useless cause it isnt hard to get your account almost undescendable or if your active to refill your LF, but then again there are loads of people who do nothing with there accounts on ascended.....

CER isnt useless at all. People with big CERs already have a advantage over the others simply cause they regenerate what they lose faster. Yes if you lose alot of planets its going to take a while to get it back, but hey ascension in my opinion has always been about descensions if your in a war.

There rest of the options we got is now for tournements in my opinion

So if ToC gets more important or gets new functions i'm all for that!!! CER is oke as it is in my opinion.
Raven
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:Haha, so cute. :) Raven, dearest, if you have 3B CER or 100M CER makes 30x difference at ALL Expanse levels.

If I have 10B planets and 3B CER, I grow 30 times as fast as someone with 10B planets and 100M CER. So yeah, there is a big benefit to having a massive CER. Not to mention the fact that - as Ascended is meant - fighting with others while having a 3B CER allows you to rebuild extremely fast (sure, you hit the 'cap' within 2 days, but your regeneration above that level is still a lot higher than your weak CERed opponent). :)
Hope that makes sense?

Unlimited planets = bad. Unlimited CER (save theoretically) = good. :P

30x nothing is nothing :smt117

Lord XenoX wrote:I agree with ToC being almost useless cause it isnt hard to get your account almost undescendable or if your active to refill your LF, but then again there are loads of people who do nothing with there accounts on ascended.....

CER isnt useless at all. People with big CERs already have a advantage over the others simply cause they regenerate what they lose faster. Yes if you lose alot of planets its going to take a while to get it back, but hey ascension in my opinion has always been about descensions if your in a war.

There rest of the options we got is now for tournements in my opinion

So if ToC gets more important or gets new functions i'm all for that!!! CER is oke as it is in my opinion.

Imaging having 30bill planets, when you go war and would lose those 30 bill planets, even with 2bill CeR this would take over a year to get back. I am not saying a big CER is not usefull, its just not as usefull as it should be. The state of ascended has not been changed for 5 years!! There were people in 2008 with close to a 1bill CER ( Still a feat today!!) . A game wich stops growing is a bad game, it will only attract boredom in my opinion.
'Terrorists of SGW'
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

1 bil cer is only 700 quad naq from scratch but theres a good chance you already have some sort of cer if you were to head for the 1 bil mark. I wouldnt call it a feat today. At most 2 months of farming for an average farmer. Minimum hits at say 350 trillion using all of them each week will get you 700 quad in 2 months. Heavy farmers can get it in a month.

I dont have a large cer only about 1.5 bil. I keep my self between 8 bil and 12 bil planets to be able to hit nearly the entire sever when I have my 130 quad strike. If Dmed it allows me to recover in a couple of weeks.

Now I only read the first post and the last post so I may have missed something someone posted.

Imo there is no satisfaction in descending a noob or inactive account. No point what so ever and can make people leave honestly. Im all for expanding the function of toc but not military decreases. I cant suggest what though. The reason I say that is because if Im in the process of descending someone Im praying they dont come online because Its a simple click to refill the LF and all that hard work to descend them is gone. It feels even worse when you have a team of heavy descenders working on someone for several days. The longest it took our team to descend someone was 67 hits every 3 hours. Ah good times. So if your going to expand the function do it to the toc. Somehow.

My 2 cents.

Image Image Image

Return to “Ascended General”