Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

giving anyone any form of advanage that $ brings is stupid and will drain the feeling that you put in the hard work on ascended, rather than people just flooding it with $ in any form.

and its just temp perks now.... then its just a few turns... then its some dmu .... then its... anything you ask for

we know admin isnt above it, as ETL already nearly got away with buying DMU direct of jason. so letsstop it before it even starts
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

I am hapy the way things are (except for me not being able to spend LF until March)...i have built my account up from scratch and i would be gutted if a SS player comes in and just buys an account and powers it up to the hilt...
BUT
if you are going to let us buy extra turns in a market (and not the stupid APP thing we have now) for planets then i am all for it..

This one is a :-k

As for CS ships you need to build up you're own ship...The people who have powerful ships now have spent god knows how long pumping DMU into it...it's not fair on them that because they built up there CS and you spent your dmu on something else at the time...(my CS is only ranked 60-70 and is not very good but i am building it up each day & when people was building their CS the arena was not even being spoken about on here)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Cupcakes, this is not about buying resources or any sort of permanent power-up to any stat of your account.

It is about 'premium features' available for a limited time after purchase. Nothing that would upset the balance of power. ;)

I do see the argument about 'now this, then more', though. That is a risk, but Sol is the one who could guarantee never to trade straight resources for $. :)
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I need to get my glasses on and get off my phone and onto my PC :smt042
Guild
Forum Addict

sol can we not focus on some more important things first please, like the TOC thing, that got forgot after we had some nuce ideas going..

like the TOC of the defender if not refueled with life force lowers the amount reflected
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

How's about a sarcophagus for $$? Restores 90% of units/CS/planets lost in the last 96 hours. Like 90% of your "peak" in those 96 hours. So when you get drunk like me and forgot to retrain Assass. and Rambo gets you, VOILA the sarcophagus makes you less likely to vac mode or sit undeveloped for a very long time. I know the CER is supposed to handle this already but maybe some people might still want it? Better idea for main but meh.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Maybe a relatively short PPT for $$? Maybe I wanna lie in the sun naked drinking beer with full income planets for a day. How am I completely ruining an entire higher plane of existence lol? If anyone feels cheated somehow over my skinny pasty white self getting a 2-15 quad boost I say let 'em whine themselves to sleep and move on with life.

Many guilds already have minimum DMU hit policies towards each other this merely gives me a day off instead of spending DMU every few ticks to not go over ratio. I'm already getting the DMU is the point I just get to sleep in for a day sheesh I am not ruining the game by sleeping dammit!

You have to get descended to get a little shut eye around here :)
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

PPT for $$??? Hell no. That would completely destroy descension attempts.
$$ to double TOC for a single hit, maybe :P

What's behind the push to get $$ on ascended? Are you getting a cut Sol? :-$
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Personally, I think that having bonuses like that on ascended is a lot WORSE than having resources sold. I'd rather have resources sold on ascended, because those you can get without money. That's not the case with these bonuses.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:sol can we not focus on some more important things first please, like the TOC thing, that got forgot after we had some nuce ideas going..

like the TOC of the defender if not refueled with life force lowers the amount reflected

Right now I can't really focus on anything as there is a fire in my backyard :P
So far the priority list is:
1. TOC alteration - putting that up for an official discussion (I'll start that soon).
2. APP -> LF thing - implementing it.
before I move onto other things.

@clockwork, there is no push, it was a question put forward to the community. And there will of course be limitations to certain things, non-engagments for x hours for the ppt etc.

@ang, you can double your toc if you want.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:we know admin isnt above it, as ETL already nearly got away with buying DMU direct of jason. so letsstop it before it even starts

And who forced a reversion ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Sarcophagus and PPTs? No. Sarcophagus is a bad idea because a $pender can come, mass all his enemies, use it to regain most of the army and viola, you have an ascended winner (I know if I had an abundance of $ and a lack of better places to spend it, I'd probably mass everyone that was in front of me, use the sarcophagus, mass some more, use it again, etc, and the massed players would have the chance of either waiting a few years to regain their army, or using $ - in either case, it ruins the game).

PPT? PPT should only be given on ascended to those who were either descended or just ascended.

I like the idea of personalizing the page itself - layout (for instance - reordering the side-bar menu), looks - being able to alter the background, to change the CS's picture, a few different-looking quick-action buttons. What you could also do is that for an X amount of time doing 'Recon' or 'God Quest' shows both information - those from recon and those from GQ, and that the cost for both is 3 ATs (otherwise it's 2ATs for recon and 5 for GQ so essentially it'd just cut the turns used in half and you'd use less time). Then there is the evergreen of additional name change for some $, showing which rank would your "Kills" be if it were ranked,..
Pretty much all the stuff that doesn't bring any advantage and is mostly just cosmetics :)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Guild
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:we know admin isnt above it, as ETL already nearly got away with buying DMU direct of jason. so letsstop it before it even starts

who showed you where to make the revision ;)
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:

Quite a few, but I still took the steps ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:

Quite a few, but I still took the steps ;).

just sayin , that thats the one we noticed.. what about all the other ones we didnt, and you haven't noticed either...

dont get me wrong your doing a good job, just if you introduce $ will just make it easier to hide the paperwork, if you know what i mean
Spoiler

Return to “Ascended General”