Ascended biting the bullet

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Ascended biting the bullet

Selling (for $$) ascended 'perks' what do people think? I refuse to allow the selling of direct resources, i.e no turns, dmu, APP, lf, planets. So the other thought was to just sell helping things (and nothing permanent, so no increase in any powerup, CS, etc).
Basically forcing people to still put in the hard yards but just helping them, how often you can buy something will of course be limited, as will be some combination of things. Ideally, we all wish for a free world, but of course we are far from ideal.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

Well, there is the theme choice option, or maybe a custom title option. I think it would be cool (as a helper option) to change the spy ratios a bit so maybe you don't need 5x someones spy but 3x to see someones stats on the cosmos page. No huge advantage there, but would make things a little bit quicker. Maybe a cosmos page reorganization for people who donate. Make it so that the people you can see with the most DMU are ordered first on the page from top to bottom with "???" being listed on the bottom. Again, not really getting an advantage since you get no new abilities, but makes things a bit faster when scanning pages.
Sol
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:Well, there is the theme choice option, or maybe a custom title option. I think it would be cool (as a helper option) to change the spy ratios a bit so maybe you don't need 5x someones spy but 3x to see someones stats on the cosmos page. No huge advantage there, but would make things a little bit quicker. Maybe a cosmos page reorganization for people who donate. Make it so that the people you can see with the most DMU are ordered first on the page from top to bottom with "???" being listed on the bottom. Again, not really getting an advantage since you get no new abilities, but makes things a bit faster when scanning pages.

I want to keep titles out of reach of $$ as well :P, it will depreciate any other title received.
Spy ratios...yeah... could be generalized to say a double covert for x amount of time thing. As for the ordering, perhaps a little too powerful :P.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

You are **Filtered** that is all
Spoiler
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:
Slim87R wrote:Well, there is the theme choice option, or maybe a custom title option. I think it would be cool (as a helper option) to change the spy ratios a bit so maybe you don't need 5x someones spy but 3x to see someones stats on the cosmos page. No huge advantage there, but would make things a little bit quicker. Maybe a cosmos page reorganization for people who donate. Make it so that the people you can see with the most DMU are ordered first on the page from top to bottom with "???" being listed on the bottom. Again, not really getting an advantage since you get no new abilities, but makes things a bit faster when scanning pages.

I want to keep titles out of reach of $$ as well :P, it will depreciate any other title received.
Spy ratios...yeah... could be generalized to say a double covert for x amount of time thing. As for the ordering, perhaps a little too powerful :P.

I don't see how ordering the page is too powerful. You are not getting any extra information at all. You would be seeing exactly what you would normally see, just in a different order. Just saves a little time.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

bad Sol bad .. [-X

please stop making it into a copy of main
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:bad Sol bad .. [-X

please stop making it into a copy of main

You think it would become a copy of main because I'm asking if something should be able to be bought on ascended that would far from destroy the game? (even though practically every game in existence has a way of producing income that doesn't come from ads). Half of that sentence doesn't even make sense.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:

I don't see how ordering the page is too powerful. You are not getting any extra information at all. You would be seeing exactly what you would normally see, just in a different order. Just saves a little time.

A 'little' time is why it's too powerful, it is not little time :P and the possibility of finding good hits would be colossal.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I would see your point if there were 50k pages in the Cosmos section. But being only a couple hundred pages, Any good hits will be found anyways. The difference in time would actually be very small. I can scan through the pages myself pretty quickly, though most are "???". I also wold see your point if you implemented the ratio change (In my opinion the ratio change is actually more powerful than the page order). If that was implemented, then the order change may become a little too powerful.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

sol some of the CS's up on ascended are already untouchable making the tournement **Filtered** tbh now

the moment you start introducing any form of $ for perks on ascended im out of it , and your hard work to get people to like playing ascended is gone too
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Guild wrote:sol some of the CS's up on ascended are already untouchable making the tournement **Filtered** tbh now

the moment you start introducing any form of $ for perks on ascended im out of it , and your hard work to get people to like playing ascended is gone too

$$ for perks that don't upset the game. I think this thread is for thoughts and ideas on how to do that.
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild read my first post a few times.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Why make it a $$ trade? why not perk's for lifeforce, or turns or anything that doesnt require paypal :smt060

i would love to have the Juggernog perk, or speedcola for lower latency :P Doubletap!!

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Guild wrote:sol some of the CS's up on ascended are already untouchable making the tournement **Filtered** tbh now

I don't like agreeing with Guild, but I agree with him 100%

I don't mean being able to buy actual CS stuff with $$ but anything with $$ on asc
Sol
Forum Addict

Bromas wrote:

I don't like agreeing with Guild, but I agree with him 100%

I don't mean being able to buy actual CS stuff with $$ but anything with $$ on asc

Reasons?
Does anyone want to give a few decent reasons...

@bioflick...lol..speedcola ftw.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended General”