Ascended biting the bullet

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Ascended biting the bullet

Not saying it comes out of thin air, but can easily be abused and can easily make a huge difference.

TOC - I know it's a temporary increase, not permanent, that's why I said if it's only made to last for 1 attack (and limited to use only once per x days) that'd be cool, otherwise someone could easily knock out an account far above their league with this increase, if it lasted for several hits.

1 max descension - I understood it as when someone buys it, they can only be attacked once this week with a personal attack, not that they aren't limited with the 1/3 limiter when conducting personal attacks :P
Anyway, it's imho too powerful - an account that has a big TOC and purchases increased TOC, then purchases this, could knock out a whole bunch of accounts during that time ;)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Neimenljivi wrote:Not saying it comes out of thin air, but can easily be abused and can easily make a huge difference.

It wouldn't be really classed as abuse if it's know it would happen, in the end though I doubt it will make a huge difference, if they get 50 quad a day from multiple sources (that is a feat in itself) then that's an extra 5 q for them.
Neimenljivi wrote:TOC - I know it's a temporary increase, not permanent, that's why I said if it's only made to last for 1 attack (and limited to use only once per x days) that'd be cool, otherwise someone could easily knock out an account far above their league with this increase, if it lasted for several hits.

Kinda the idea, but that's is still a 12 hour min to take out an account, the ability is restricted to one account, I highly doubt someone will wait up hours on end to use every hit from the toc double. If you wanted a one hit protocol this may as well be scrapped and the perk below could easily take its place.
Neimenljivi wrote:1 max descension - I understood it as when someone buys it, they can only be attacked once this week with a personal attack, not that they aren't limited with the 1/3 limiter when conducting personal attacks :P
Anyway, it's imho too powerful - an account that has a big TOC and purchases increased TOC, then purchases this, could knock out a whole bunch of accounts during that time ;)

isn't it like 2/5ths or something now? I forgot xD but yes, they are limited to that, Just pretend it's some invisible power doing 1 hit on 1 person for you that will be at the 2/5ths max.
As i said earlier there will be restrictions on combinations like this.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Sol wrote:
Bioflick wrote:Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.
1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming (i.e you will get 20% dmu of your net amount of dmu farmed per day, e.g if you farmed 20 q and someone stole 5 q during a 24 hour period you would get a bonus of (20-5)*0.2 quad dmu).
Increase the probability of gaining a demi for x time.

I :smt060 these above, But Sol. why make it $ required when you can make something you gain from activity like (10/100,)(cost example 30 ^Energy^ for 1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming)

Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.<- maybe this one. but not more often than once each month. and costly like 100 ^Energy^

Just thought of a different concept as I was reading that... making a credit based system to pay for these perks, credits can be earned (via means of say completing an achievement set, doing other specific tasks, prizes for tournaments, ascending etc) or bought. So the perks wont be $ spender only, nor can you buy them outright with dmu and other resources.

Just a question but if you do the credits thing would you then grant everyone the credits which they already earned as someone who has a brand new ascended would then technically have an advantage as they are starting achievements from scratch. Same principle as doing tasks say for instance kill 30bil supers and someone has already done it now has to do it again to get it kinda thing just a question :)
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

**Filtered** this is all **Filtered** waste of **Filtered** time ascended is allready **Filtered** enough why **Filtered** it any more its all the same **Filtered** game why need more income **Filtered** allready **Filtered** buy naq then **Filtered** buy dmu what **Filtered** more do the **Filtered** need ?
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

~Chewbacca~ wrote:
Sol wrote:
Bioflick wrote:Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.
1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming (i.e you will get 20% dmu of your net amount of dmu farmed per day, e.g if you farmed 20 q and someone stole 5 q during a 24 hour period you would get a bonus of (20-5)*0.2 quad dmu).

I :smt060 these above, But Sol. why make it $ required when you can make something you gain from activity like (10/100,)(cost example 30 ^Energy^ for 1.2 x Bonus dmu per day of farming)

Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.<- maybe this one. but not more often than once each month. and costly like 100 ^Energy^

Just thought of a different concept as I was reading that... making a credit based system to pay for these perks, credits can be earned (via means of say completing an achievement set, doing other specific tasks, prizes for tournaments, ascending etc) or bought. So the perks wont be $ spender only, nor can you buy them outright with dmu and other resources.

Just a question but if you do the credits thing would you then grant everyone the credits which they already earned as someone who has a brand new ascended would then technically have an advantage as they are starting achievements from scratch. Same principle as doing tasks say for instance kill 30bil supers and someone has already done it now has to do it again to get it kinda thing just a question :)

Yes, I would do the backlog of credits if need be, so if some were apart of an achievement the players who have done those achievements would get them automagically.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

I agree with moses..I think

why are you trying to water down ascended like main has been,

your basically throwing the hard work you have put into making ascended fun away, it doesnt need any form of $ in it

its disgusting that your even thinking of doing this when there is so many other things that need fixing in ascended first, but your putting $ over quality

1. cov power to seeing others, (if your power is higher you should see them on battlefield screen)
2.inbox deleting things ( when i save it delete has done for years nothing been done)
3.undescendable accounts ( TOC needs adjusting so it hasa chance of descending big accounts)
4.consideration of increasing the CER limit before it slows
5,6,7,8 loads of things to sort before doing stupid unnecessary things
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:its disgusting that your even thinking of doing this when there is so many other things that need fixing in ascended first, but your putting $ over quality

1. cov power to seeing others, (if your power is higher you should see them on battlefield screen)
2.inbox deleting things ( when i save it delete has done for years nothing been done)
3.undescendable accounts ( TOC needs adjusting so it hasa chance of descending big accounts)
4.consideration of increasing the CER limit before it slows
5,6,7,8 loads of things to sort before doing stupid unnecessary things

1. you should consider a suggestion thread then, it has been purposefully coded to be like that. No one has really wanted it to change and no one cares, so I don't either.
2. was fixed ages ago, I have had 2 messages in my saved box for weeks.
3. has existed since the dawn of time, people will always be undescendable, people will always have cs's you cant take, people will always have things you cant face. Even so a new facet to descension is still being talked about (when bishop finishes answering my questions and I put up a vote).
4. Increased it twice already, doesnt need anymore. I can guarantee quite a few people feel the same way about it.
5,6,7 and 8, well I'll wait for them in the suggestions ;).
There will ALWAYS be things to fix, or change, or upgrade, or add. What needs fixing will differ for everyone as well, if people think something needs to be desperately changed then there will be multiple threads and quite a few complainers and/or supporters, which hasn't really happened in awhile.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

The flaw I see in the ascended server being free of $ is the fact that a main account can be paid for with $ which then can be transfered into AP.

Probably not a huge problem given the established nature of the player-base.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

sell out 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Cwalen wrote:The flaw I see in the ascended server being free of $ is the fact that a main account can be paid for with $ which then can be transfered into AP.

Probably not a huge problem given the established nature of the player-base.

$ will always be in ascended, right now it's player to player. As for the app, yes that's true but I bottle necked it with a cap, although that will be changed soon to allow for a more.....smooth transition, giving players a better and easier chance to keep up. I can't plug all holes.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I've thought long and hard about this.

Until about a year ago, I never played ascended. I built up my account with relative ease to be very difficult to descend. It wasn't overally difficult but it did take a bit of farming. This as you are probably aware SoL is when I joined TL.

Shortly after, maybe a couple of months, you took responsibility of ascended and ever since, the incredible updates have made me extremely interested, at times, I take ascended more seriously than main.

This is the beauty of ascended, with the exception of one instance, money has never seriously affected asceneded. It is a training ground, an area where one can play and not worry about the losses. It's less active, so farming and catching a good farming round is very rewarding.

I feel that adding in perks for $$ would only assist people like me, who do not mind spending a bit of cash for fun. I write this post, whilst thinking of Calesta, Robe and Angelis. Who have spent hours upon hours farming ascended, throughout the period that nobody else was playing it. These people made incredible accounts and now with the intervention of a bit of cash, you will ruin all of their hard work.

I understand that the game is a business and part of your remit will be the introduction of making this a profitable feature of the server. However, in doing so, I guarantee, it will ruin all of your work, making ascended a hated server once again. Please take note of all of the disagreement of this. Then consider the amount of times you saw Jason bring a ridiculous update to our screens.

Please please please Sol. Hell, make your own game on your own server. I'd play it. Don't sell out :smt060
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict

Field Marshall wrote:
I feel that adding in perks for $$ would only assist people like me, who do not mind spending a bit of cash for fun. I write this post, whilst thinking of Calesta, Robe and Angelis. Who have spent hours upon hours farming ascended, throughout the period that nobody else was playing it. These people made incredible accounts and now with the intervention of a bit of cash, you will ruin all of their hard work.

Have you read what perks were considered and the boundaries that went along with that?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

Have you read what perks were considered and the boundaries that went along with that?

Sol wrote:
donais wrote:being able to buy more stat changes for demis, maybe doubling strike for a turn or two

Considered the first...but I was thinking maybe a 50% increase in the chance of finding a demi or something like that. Some of the ideas:

Increase turn generation (probably +1 to +3 per turn) for x time.
PPT for 48 hours.
Protection from descension for x time (alternative...Increase time between descension attacks on you, i.e instead of 3 hours, something like 3.5 hours).
Increase in TOC for x time (something large and short).
Buying next achievement, cost will be weighted on how hard the achievement is.
The + some stat - another stat. e.g double attack half command star etc. for x time
Considered a divine intervention, i.e one maximum descension attack on a player, player can only be hit once per week by it.

Turn generation & bonus DMU - aka, buying DMU.

Ok, I hadn't read this, but this is worse than what I saw on the first couple of pages. I was only talking about the temporary ToC increase that had floated around.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Sell out/buy in?

Last time I was involved professionally in coding I was looking at six figures for my work.
Come to think of it, despite my personal issues, I am not doing so badly where I am at at the moment.

Some of my comments in various places might be misconstrued as being disparaging of the efforts of coders developing cottage text based games. 20K to build a site like this in todays terms? It would have been worth far more than that back in the day, but what used to be cutting edge is now commodity.

Sol could clone this game, probably in a months hard core coding. Who is going to pay his food and rent while he does that? How would he answer the moral question of ripping off IP, just because the basic concepts are obviously in the public domain? More importantly, who is going to pay for the advertising to build up the player-base to the point where it is self supporting?

I think his path of doing well, getting some proven success, being loyal to the cause <thinks again> not so much the royal road it was when PHP was new.

Developing this game 7 years ago was a heck of a thing, I sincerely wonder if it has realistically paid for it's self in terms of effort, branching out now? hundreds of hours of effort, thousands of dollars in advertising, taking a heck of a risk on getting any meaningful return on any of the input.

Without a profound knowledge of game theory, or a zinga like budget, it's putting lambs to the slaughter.

First time I have disagreed with you Field Marshall.
Unless Sol has a trust fund, he/she would be better off getting a real coding job than going rogue.

And yeah $=DMU.. as long as the link exists we are not free of the buyins.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Yes there are people who have spent a ton of money in dmu trades. We all know who they are ;)

But for many people, ascended is the last vestige of a place where, as a non-$$ spender, they can compete on the same level as the big dogs. Maybe they won't have the number one toc in the game, but they can spend their time, be a great farmer, and have the biggest command star, or the best physical levels. Ascension was never supposed to be about trading or $$. It's supposed to be about personal development and it has succeeded as that for many years. Changing that now would just cause more players to stop caring.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.

Return to “Ascended General”