No mater how clever you are, you will be farming.

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

No mater how clever you are, you will be farming.

If you have made it to the forums, and will be playing for at least one more week, this is the best advice I can give.

Of course if you are so much clever than I am, and find a better way, please do have mercy and let me know.

I only have 150K up. Only ascended once. Started playing last year.
Not exactly a position of authority to tell every new player how to play,
Fresh in my mind what being a cluless nubie is no?

MY ADVICE?
Ignore the alliances, half of them will sell you down the stream. When you have five bidding for your membership and their advice agrees with what the mother confessor offers. Take their advice over mine.
(they will offer you what looks like a lot for turns, hang in there make your own way)

Until then? the game is complex, the first steps are simple.
Ignore up, gain some tech, get enough covert to be able to see good farming targets.

Get enough attack to farm the bottom of the player list.
The bottom of the player list is available by selecting attack from the main screen, then entering 2062 or something like that in the box <jump to page> at the bottom.

The targets you want are those with 40,000,000,000 + NAQ out in the open.
Right click on all you can find, gradually scrolling up <previous>
Declare war on all of them.
Make a 12 turn attack on each of them.

If that is too much trouble, please do let me know, I am a bit new here too. Send ZaphodBB Player ID 1990879 one thousand turns.

It's an awesome gift. I'll notice and help you all I can.

If there are 30 replies to this post, it's being flooded. Must be good advice.
If there are 0 It's good advice.

Other than that? If you can read what is above? good start to you.
If it is confusing? 1000 turns, and I'll take the time to offer what little I can.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Re: No mater how clever you are, you will be farming.

Cwalen wrote:Send ZaphodBB Player ID 1990879 one thousand turns.

Pretty sure asking for resources on the forum is against some rule or another. Anyway, not bad advice to be honest. Except the alliance part, strength in numbers. You just found the wrong alliances by the sounds of it. Game is 90% social and 10% ingame in my opinion.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

And alliances help with ascending
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Gohan wrote:
Cwalen wrote:Send ZaphodBB Player ID 1990879 one thousand turns.
Pretty sure asking for resources on the forum is against some rule or another. Anyway, not bad advice to be honest. Except the alliance part, strength in numbers. You just found the wrong alliances by the sounds of it. Game is 90% social and 10% ingame in my opinion.
Nope.. not against the rules.. just frowned upon by a majority. (I think.)

And he is not entirely wrong about alliances. How many alliances do you know who back up their newbies 100%? Many leave them out to dry, a few positive exceptions notwithstanding. :)
JasonJay wrote:And alliances help with ascending
Not more than a few good friends would. :P
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

We back our smaller players. DDE back theirs, recently took in one of my officers and nothing but helpful to him. TAF help any and all who come to them. HVE is like n00b central, but they still help train and produce great players. Ricos have a couple of smaller ones there who I'm sure are being looked after. I don't know where he looked for an alliance, but he didn't look in the right place. If you're small-ish and like to be social (and can withstand amazing amounts of spam), go check out HVE.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

haha half the alliances sell you down the stream... lol

if you put the effort in, alliances are the best way to go
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Gohan wrote:We back our smaller players. DDE back theirs, recently took in one of my officers and nothing but helpful to him. TAF help any and all who come to them. HVE is like n00b central, but they still help train and produce great players. Ricos have a couple of smaller ones there who I'm sure are being looked after. I don't know where he looked for an alliance, but he didn't look in the right place. If you're small-ish and like to be social (and can withstand amazing amounts of spam), go check out HVE.

Hey I don't remember who it was but some alliance leader asked me not to mass his alliance after one of his guys hit leaf since he had already kicked him...
I mean I and leaf are so known for random massings right?
So if there are alliance leaders who kick for that and he has been in alliances like that I can see where he is coming from.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Loki™ wrote:
Gohan wrote:We back our smaller players. DDE back theirs, recently took in one of my officers and nothing but helpful to him. TAF help any and all who come to them. HVE is like n00b central, but they still help train and produce great players. Ricos have a couple of smaller ones there who I'm sure are being looked after. I don't know where he looked for an alliance, but he didn't look in the right place. If you're small-ish and like to be social (and can withstand amazing amounts of spam), go check out HVE.

Hey I don't remember who it was but some alliance leader asked me not to mass his alliance after one of his guys hit leaf since he had already kicked him...
So if there are alliance leaders who kick for that and he has been in alliances like that I can see where he is coming from.

lol that sounds vaguely familiar to a scenario we came across quite recently 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loki™
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Guild wrote:
Loki™ wrote:

lol that sounds vaguely familiar to a scenario we came across quite recently 8-[

It's even worse if someone does it because of us because we don't operate that way while you do.
Nevertheless even if they hit you guys the member should not be kicked unless they are clearly trying to get their alliance massed.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Or send xDaku a PM ingame and I'll tell you whatever you want for free. :roll:

Alliances are a good thing. You can farm all you want but if you don't stand for a set of rules/goals/ideals etc. ingame, you'll find yourself getting bored fairly quickly. This game is most fun at its conflicts, so go find someone who's play style agrees with yours and join up. Chances are they'll hold your views when it's needed.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Several of the large empires have training alliances, for the most part if you attack someone you shouldnt most hcs will let you get massed. But if you are being targeted they will come to your defense. So far havnt had any issues.

As for the farm list thats good, I would add keep your attack every small only in the millions at most and farm 0 defs. You can usually find enough in the 50-60b+ range and keep your profit high.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

There are a bunch of 'fake' alliances. Those are rather unpleasant to join as a previously non-aligned player. :)
Additionally, joining an alliance that does not suit your playing style (or your level of maturity) .. is not a good idea.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

My advice for new players..
farm inactives. Kinda like you said, except i'd go for 50-60+ on a 0 def hit ;)

There's also raiding, raiding can be great. Try to get at least 6 million UU for 1k AT, and you should do ok :)
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Eat tacos. They build strong bones. Produce gas and diarrhea.
:-"

Listen to the people above. They have summed everything up pretty good.

BTW, I defend my Mist Village members with every ounce of resources I have and then some. No hating on HVE. :smt019
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

+1 to Zero.

I have farmed everything that moved, including alliance members when I was too damm ignorant to know which were which. (got schooled fairly well by at least one and now I know)

Raiding low in the list and ignoring alliances gives some great rewards. 200K UU /12 turns imagine what I could have gotten if I used the full 15. (though a full pirate fleet would be required before anything other than sniper style could deal with the consequences)

40 NAQ is good 60 is slightly rarer, when I get round to presenting the next post (after I get any indication that anyone new is listening) I'll describe my strategies to developing a good farming list.

And yeah, 1000 turns <chuckles> Hell send me one, and I'll notice and share what I can.
Mostly letting people know that 1000 turns is worth a hell of a lot.
Burning newbies might be profitable, it has a negative impact on playerbase, and in the end, if we want to be lords of something more than notmuch, it's the new players that make the difference.

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”