planet defense

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
gmacx
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

planet defense

Hi,

Have just started playing again and am wondering - what is a good planet defense? Dont have anything valuable at this stage but would like to start working on a defense first.
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

Re: planet defense

the only defence to protect a planet is ppt and/or merlins

anything else can be taken.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

but usually only mean people like R8 will steal your planet. So you have to preemptively befriend the sgw bullies like I have with R8.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
gmacx
Forum Newbie

Yes I know it can theoretically always be taken, but what amount prevents most from even snooping?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

gmacx wrote:Yes I know it can theoretically always be taken, but what amount prevents most from even snooping?

No amount of planet defence will stop people being able to look at your planets, you can raise your covert power up to make it harder for people to spy you, which in turn would make it take longer to get the details on all your planets, but thats it.

The only way to keep a planet 'secret' (and safe) is to keep it permenantly merlined, so nobody can see you have it. (two PPT's a week and 1 market turn spent on merlins = 1 safe planet, assuming you login at the right times)

Defence wise, I tend to put 10k defences on a planet, will it stop anybody taking it? no :P But it will mean they have to at least spend some naq arming fleets. You can build up your Platforms, and have them floating on random planets as a nice supprise for people to run into, but at the end of the day, its a hell of a lot cheaper just to have a token defence on a planet, and re-take it if somebody comes along a nicks it.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
gmacx
Forum Newbie

Ok - in that case what fleet strength does a strong MS have?
And what % of a planet defense is required for a MS to damage the defenses enough to mass it?

Thanks

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”