Bodybuilding - Weight Gainers and other suppliments

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

Re: Bodybuilding - Weight Gainers and other suppliments

Every time Ive read articles about supplements its all the same crap and its hard to believe what is a credible source of information. Sometimes you read something form a supposed doctor and then find out they work for the bloody supplements company. So like you said anything to sell the products.

Ive got the same lightening fast metabolism so yea putting on weight is friking impossible.

I tried a variety of supplements, kinda experimenting see what my body likes etc. conclusion- nothing really worked. maybe I didnt take it right, maybe i didnt take enough or whatever but after almost 2 years on and off not much difference in size.

so i gave them up, now eat right, eat healthy and eat anytime I can- and I started drinking alot of milk- suggested from an online article. Im not big and bulky but strength and lean and feel alot better.

My favourite supplement was BSN Syntha- 6. that I actually liked the taste, it was maybe a bit too high on sugar but i felt like it did work a bit (possibly a placebo effect). I don't like to recommend creatine, made me feel a bit weird and couldn't sleep.
, the most recent one i went through was PHD Synergy, and relfex One nutrition. They are all in ones but if the taste isnt quiet right i loose motivation to drink them.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

R8 wrote:Every time Ive read articles about supplements its all the same crap and its hard to believe what is a credible source of information. Sometimes you read something form a supposed doctor and then find out they work for the bloody supplements company. So like you said anything to sell the products.

Ive got the same lightening fast metabolism so yea putting on weight is friking impossible.

I tried a variety of supplements, kinda experimenting see what my body likes etc. conclusion- nothing really worked. maybe I didnt take it right, maybe i didnt take enough or whatever but after almost 2 years on and off not much difference in size.

so i gave them up, now eat right, eat healthy and eat anytime I can- and I started drinking alot of milk- suggested from an online article. Im not big and bulky but strength and lean and feel alot better.

My favourite supplement was BSN Syntha- 6. that I actually liked the taste, it was maybe a bit too high on sugar but i felt like it did work a bit (possibly a placebo effect). I don't like to recommend creatine, made me feel a bit weird and couldn't sleep.
, the most recent one i went through was PHD Synergy, and relfex One nutrition. They are all in ones but if the taste isnt quiet right i loose motivation to drink them.

aye syntha 6 was my first, tasted better then any propper milkshake id had before o.0 Creatine is there to give you a longer workout, plus it retains water in your muscles and so if you dont have the water u get major headaches yes i forgot to drink one time but im sure you already know, I use creatine is seriously helpful, but i guess not much more for super fast metabolism
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

All in the diet mate.

Diet and Protein shakes.

If you are wanting to bulk, you have to bulk - Eat big, to get big, lots of Steak,Chicken and Carbs + proteins. Should be taking your protein shake, make sure its a good quality protein, 3 times a day when training, and twice a day when not training. Cut out alcohol completly is key.

What sort of work out are you doing? Are you wanting strength or size?
If size, do lower reps of heavier weights. 3 - 4 reps of a max weight is much better for gains than 12 reps of a easier weight.

For arms, just rep the crap out of them, pain is good!

To get ripped, its a different story. One that someone else will know more than me on.

I like to get big as i play rugby league, so bulking is a key process of pre season.
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

I only do omega 369, some whey products, minerals, malto occasionally and sometimes l-glutamine.
Imo all supplements are nice but not essential and not a health risk. I've went months without any and still gotten good results (I'm 107kg atm, only 90 at low bf though).
Btw that HGH booster sounds fishy and I doubt it works.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

R8 wrote:Every time Ive read articles about supplements its all the same crap and its hard to believe what is a credible source of information. Sometimes you read something form a supposed doctor and then find out they work for the bloody supplements company. So like you said anything to sell the products.

Syntha-6 was my first as well but it's designed for those who also want higher metabolism.

I now take Muscle KickStart which is a mixture of two types of Proteins and essential amino acids - I have to say this product is my companion in life. Also tastes far better then Syntha.

I have gained 21 kg's now in a relatively short amount of time due to all these suppliments - so that's why I'm having a dilemma. I'm getting too good results to give up on em all lol

I tried twice with just the 'right food' according to trainers and doctors. Increased strength but I didn't look any better. And that's in the end what I want.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Gotta stay on the same type of thing for long to feel the effect on a certain body type

I think its type 1, 2 and 3

Where 1 is all y'all skinny ass fast metabolism fools
2 is a mid where muscle gain is easy and metabolism is fast
3 is where any gain is really easy but metbolism is slow

As said above, lots of protein. And eat all the time. ALL THE TIME. Professional body builders eat a solid meal every 4-6 hours
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Yes there are 3 body types. but you can also be a mixture of two.

How ever, ectomorphs (nr. 1, super fast metabolism, difficult to gain muscles) often can gain big muscles fast on their legs, the upper body is the difficult part, where as body-type 2, often not always, have difficulties with their calfs for example)

Imperius, I don't consume alcohol really so that's not a problem. I only have drinks when I'm traveling, so once a year, in Spain or Florida.

I do make sure to eat quality protein, this is the stuff I love after work-outs:
http://www.sciteconline.com/language/en ... _kickstart

Best post-workout product I've found.

JasonJay, you are also correct, I had to stay on the suppliments for 2-3 weeks when I started noticing results. Only steroids work super-fast. Suppliments need time, also I've found for example with the HGH Booster - I mix it up (it says 3-6 tablets per day) so I sometimes take three, sometimes 4, sometimes 5 and sometimes 6. Basically I make sure my body doesn't get use to a certain amount. I keep surprising it. Results are off the roof.

-KJ
- > SGW Hall of Fame
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

Also change supplements and workouts routinely with regular breaks from all the juice. Also a tip I heard
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

JasonJay wrote:Also change supplements and workouts routinely with regular breaks from all the juice. Also a tip I heard

Agreed. Never allow your body to get used to any of em.
- > SGW Hall of Fame

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”