Sony Xperia GO

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Sony Xperia GO

I need to buy a new mobile, and was thinking about Sony Xperia GO. I mainly need the battery to run as long as it can, and of course I'd like to have some apps on it.. But I do not need the mobile mainly for gaming.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_go-4782.php
That's the link to it.

I've already decided that the fact that it has a bit worse camera than the Samsung Omnia HD I currently have won't bother me too much. The lack of secondary camera that would enable video calls doesn't bother me either as I've never used it before on any of the phones I've had anyway.

What gives me the most worries is that it runs on Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), it says it is upgradeable to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), but I've never had Android so I am a little worried as Gingerbread seems to be a bit outdated and I have no idea whether or not it is wise to upgrade it to Ice Cream Sandwich, due to my lack of experience with Androids.

So mostly I'd like to know pros and cons of gingerbread vs ice cream sandwich and, of course, if anyone has any experience with the Xperia GO - how long does the battery last with normal usage (some browsing on FB, a lot of texting mostly, a call or two now and then) and if there are any problems with the phone that occur after having the phone for some time?

I am looking for a phone that will last at least 2 or 3 years with the battery not dying off in 3 hours or so lol (that's the case with my Omnia right now.. it's got Symbian OS so that means I don't really have any apps, with some browsing on FB and a lot of texting it dies off in about 3 or 4 hours since I've stopped charging it.. It is currently 3.5 years old).

Or, alternatively, should I wait for Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 to come out?

Any comments are much appreciated :)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Re: Sony Xperia GO

the sam gal 4 is comming out soon :smt060
Spoiler
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Sony Xperia GO

I know.. and the Xperia Z.. But I'm looking at something up to 200€ (obviously these prices depend from one mobile provider to the other, but the phone itself without any contract with the provider should cost less than 300€)..
I don't want to spend 450€ like I did when I bought Omnia HD to have what is the best mobile for a couple of months, in year or two years it will be average or below average...

Hence why I asked for thoughts on Xperia Go or Galaxy Xcover 2 ;)

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”