Maggies Dead

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: Maggies DEAD PARTY TIME

Lance Armstrong is just a cheater among many.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re:

I don't know much about her, but I have one thing to say. (forgive my lack of sentence structure, typing this just before leaving for work >.<)

There's a difference between celebrating the end of a whole load of bad things, and celebrating someones death.

Celebrating end of bad things == fine. Good that it has stopped.

Celebrating someones death == downright disrespectful. No one, no matter how bad, should be disrespected in such a way.

Celebrate the end of the bad, but don't celebrate the death.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

Re: Maggies Dead

personally i'm pretty neutral towards her, a little before my time and from what i can see, her decisions were made in the best interests of the nation (as a general rule)

while she is a very divisive person, regardless of your stance on her, she does deserve recognition as the first female prime minister of the UK and really, the first female world leader of a major nation.

On an official note, please keep this as respectful as possible. Any posts which are blatantly crude or antagonistic will not be looked upon kindly
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: Re:

Haz wrote:I don't know much about her, but I have one thing to say. (forgive my lack of sentence structure, typing this just before leaving for work >.<)

There's a difference between celebrating the end of a whole load of bad things, and celebrating someones death.

Celebrating end of bad things == fine. Good that it has stopped.

Celebrating someones death == downright disrespectful. No one, no matter how bad, should be disrespected in such a way.

Celebrate the end of the bad, but don't celebrate the death.

can't agree, normally I do respect the dead but its like Hitlers passing would have been to the Jews etc.. to the Irish that is what she represented.

We in Aus are lucky we have not been treated same way by the British Gov't as Ireland has. But I guess our original inhabitants could argue differently.

or more modern stance, the way Americans celebrated Osama Bin Ladens death..

Personaly couldn't give a toss one way or other over her passing,
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

She destroyed Scottish mining. My father being a miner struggled through her reign. He celebrated her death, and for as much pain as she brought my family, i believe he had the right to.

She was evil.
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

the witch is dead is no 3 in the song charts

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”