Glory phase & double strike

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Merchant[LG+]
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Re: Glory phase & double strike

Sorry Mikgamer but increasing the cost just because people have stockpiled G&R isn't really fair to the newer players or the returning members for that matter. Now finding a new balance or something sure but increase the cost of something you think is only fair just makes it more unfair because then only the(Stockpile) players will be able to use it at the prices you stated.

Capping stats...no that wouldn't work.

Easy fixes if it came to it-
Take it out

Make it 50% added power

Make it to where you lose the same amount of units you would as if you built that strike

Make the SPECIAL weapons that you can buy on MT with G&R a greater number in one go(while taking out the double strike) This would effectively give people the options of powerful weapons and having to man them but not being able to repair them and thus you have something to gain and lose and you could balance it so you got a good number of said weapons but it use's a balance of MTs and G&R. This would let people have a powerful strike at a cost or a powerful defense to counter it.

Or you could just make the defense weapons greater in number per MT to counter the double strike

Those are just some quick fixes I thought of if it really bothers people.
'It is Good that War is so Terrible or we might grow fond of it!'
Old Name (Lord of the Goauld)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Like it the way it is to be honest. I don't mind change though. Maybe we can start small though instead of major overhaul.

People seem a bit misguided with this GloryStrike debate like having stockpiles of GnR is a sinister act or something. Punishing people for not abandoning their accounts long ago, etc. Punishing nerds for building 10 attack planets and a large mother ship as to GloryStrike and get a LOL kill ratio. Yeah man they should just do inc and/or UP like every other player. That'll teach 'em. If anything some new GnR items on the menu would be a better direction to go in.

Always liked the idea of a personal shield like that super hot Ori chick has. For 2.5k GnR + 2 MT GloryStrikes against you are ineffective and act as normal strikes. Lasts 7 days.

^^^^Shaaaaadup and build yer 100t defense now

;)
THcRONICevil
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Elvis, Eyes of a devil

Maybe like a Forseti House idea would work,

So DS stays as it is

But Forseti Phase is introduced

So you get a 25% Def Bonus standard for 6hrs + if someone uses DS on you for up to 12hrs you can get a 75% AT bonus. This will make people more cautious of using it for your Def n At reasons.

Also DS can't exceed 100%

Costs would be 2MTs n 1500 GnR. - seen as its DEF n AT.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Get ride of the bloody thing. Use to be fun building large defences now double strike is just an easy and cheaper way to mass. Why this was ever brought in

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Huxley wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Ever thought of capping certain stats? Some of this stuff can be done away with altogether. 1bil defenses? And maintained at that. Seriously?
Putting a cap on it limits growth though. Ourselves for example, we've been in a state of peace a long time. Why should we be "punished" with such restrictions, as soon as we all got to the "cap" it would effectively be game over till a war eventually broke out.

I, personally, think caps would be a step in the wrong direction.
Oh so you havent noticed the steps in the current direction? There would be no need for this if the plague limit werent so easily bypassed by triple. Capping would not limit growth, it would keep what was intended NOT to happen from happening.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Lot of discussion regarding this in friday's admin meet on irc.

Hopefully a change is coming.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

GloryStrike: propose to reduce from 100% bonus to 20 or 10%. (Maybe dependent on AB tech; AB 0 - 10% bonus; AB 5 - 20%.)

GloryDef: propose to prohibit the sale of weapons for the duration of ETS+15 minutes.

There was a lot of discussion on IRC indeed. Hopefully next one will be as productive. :)
IFLuX
Forum Elite

I don't see massing big defences if that's implented :P
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Shouldn't it be difficult to mass big defences, considering how much naq/uu goes into making them? Maybe it would encourage more people to build them.

Would also be interesting I think, if you would allow only 1 Glory boost active at a time.

It leaves you with the prospect.. Use a double strike and know you can't glory phase, and need to defend yourself..

Or use a glory phase, and have to build the full amount of strike supers/weapons, with no boost

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
IFLuX
Forum Elite

Well why modify it ... just remove all and be over with it ... we all used double strike and glory phase so stop crying about it ... get over it .. Keep it the same or remove it :smt021
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

IFLuX wrote:Well why modify it ... just remove all and be over with it ... we all used double strike and glory phase so stop crying about it ... get over it .. Keep it the same or remove it :smt021
I haven't :P
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

do...

1) based of your own defence % of ure defence i.e -0-19t = 20%, 20t = 25%, 30t = 30%, 40t = 35%, 50t = 40%. then it could go up by 1% / 2 % so... 60t 52%, 70t 54% ect

this is based of current stats so if ure massed it will decrease down to 20% if ure 100t defence, that way the true winner gets to keep it.

2) fixed number of 25% or 35% if max ascended blessing (mby?)

3) could do 25% onto strike and 25% less unit damage. For example 20t strike would go to 25t and let's say you lost 1m units per attack, you would then loose 750k. (if i failed that sum please hit me) and also could allow 50% of mercs to take less damage ( because gods favour the poor mercenaries)

i prefer 1) i think having it reflect on ure own defence could be beneficial for wars making it essential to build up to mass big.

and for the glory defence you could do .. takes 50% less damage to units/weps, the ratios can be moved around.

thx

you could another ratio

1k glorys + 1 mt = 20% boost
1.5k glorys + 1 mt = 25% Boost
2k glorys + 2 mt = 30% Boost
2.5k glorys + 2 mt = 35% Boost
3.5k glorys + 2 mt = 50% Boost
4.5k glorys + 3 mt = 60% Boost
5.5k glorys + 3 mt = 70% Boost
6.5k glorys + 3 mt = 80% Boost
7.5k glorys + 3 mt = 90% Boost
10k glorys + 4 mt ( 1 ppt spot) = 110% Boost

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Sol
Forum Addict

Alternatively, just wipe the gnr as one is bought.

DS? Cost x gnr, will use all your gnr though, but still requires x gnr min.
Scale the costs accordingly to how fast they can be purchased.

Means one thing can be bought at a time, means everyone sort of starts on the same page, means things like DS can be made more expensive so people have to wait longer to buy another.
No need to limit how many can be bought if you can only physically buy one every so often.
Want to get more gnr faster? Build bigger stats, get lower in rank.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Sol wrote:Alternatively, just wipe the gnr as one is bought.

Means one thing can be bought at a time, means everyone sort of starts on the same page, means things like DS can be made more expensive so people have to wait longer to buy another.
No need to limit how many can be bought if you can only physically buy one every so often.
So basically a copy of the APP for AT re-fill on ascended. That is one of updates that works very well on ascended so why not give it a try in main? It takes three weeks to gain back the APP (if I remember correctly) and it takes three weeks in the 1 G&R range to gain 1k G&R. So if you wanted to use it more than once every three weeks then you are forced to build some decent stats to make it in to the 5 G&R range.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Sol wrote:Alternatively, just wipe the gnr as one is bought.

That is the best solution anyone has come up with so far.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

Return to “Game Suggestions”