Boston

A place general forum talk, not related to ingame discussions.

Are american lives more important?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes of course we are at war.
6%
No innocent lives are the same no matter what country.
89%
Undecided due to the fact I am not American nor Middle-Eastern
6%

Total votes: 18
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Boston

R.I.P. all who fell today, and to all who are bombed with drones daily like the wedding party of 30 in Afghanistan today due to another drone "mistake".
:smt090
Sniperwax
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Boston

Earl Ragnor Lodbrok™ wrote:R.I.P. all who fell today, and to all who are bombed with drones daily like the wedding party of 30 in Afghanistan today due to another drone "mistake".
:smt090

Has anyone claimed credit yet? It could have been domestic terrorism. Little early to start polls with these assumptions.
Sol
Forum Addict

links?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

from the news reports I saw only 2 dead from the blasts in Boston.

Personally think it was an internal nutter, given it was an international event that was targeted.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/wo ... 6621197225
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Three.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Guild
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:Three.

was a repost.
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Guild wrote:Image

Yeah. I was wondering about the same thing. :)
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Anything on home soil will always gain more local media attention.
I don't understand why no one has thought of that aspect yet while trying to criticize the situation.
Guild
Forum Addict

George Hazard wrote:Anything on home soil will always gain more local media attention.
I don't understand why no one has thought of that aspect yet while trying to criticize the situation.

i thought of that exact reason several hours ago, even commented it to someone saying how its stupid that its such a tragedy when a few people die in america but its not worth covering when a lot of people die in a foreign country

but when i saw this meme... well it does make you think about it,not critisise but think about it
Spoiler
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Guild wrote:
George Hazard wrote:Anything on home soil will always gain more local media attention.

i thought of that exact reason several hours ago, even commented it to someone saying how its stupid that its such a tragedy when a few people die in america but its not worth covering when a lot of people die in a foreign country

but when i saw this meme... well it does make you think about it,not critisise but think about it

Its not much to think about, its only natural to care more about what is happening down the street than what is happening on the other side of the planet.
Guild
Forum Addict

George Hazard wrote:
Guild wrote:

Its not much to think about, its only natural to care more about what is happening down the street than what is happening on the other side of the planet.

should put things into perspective though, 3 people die in america, 30'some die in Iran and about 16,000 starve daily
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

It is not home soil in Europe though, and yet it is being made into a major catastrophe and oh-oh terror yikes!

Hell, more people die each day in traffic accidents in the Netherlands alone. So yeah. I still wonder why the hell this is so much worse than what happens in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Libya/Tunisia/Egypt/Sudan/and other members of the Caliphate. (Only looking at major centers of terrorism here. Of course traffic and disease still kill a lot more than terrorism ever will.)

Then again, I suppose if the apple salesman sells pineapples, that is news, whereas the pineapple salesman selling pineapples is just doing his job.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
It is not home soil in Europe though, and yet it is being made into a major catastrophe and oh-oh terror yikes!

Well thats just you then. Clearly you crazy europeans care more about the big ol' fatty than you do the middle east. lol

Guild wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Guild wrote:

should put things into perspective though, 3 people die in america, 30'some die in Iran and about 16,000 starve daily

People die every time you take a breath, if you stopped to think or care about every single one of them you'd not be able to function.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Also, Americans like to think of this country as relatively safe. When something like this happens, it opens up the reality that the U.S. isn't protected from everything. They don't feel the same about other countries, seeing them as not being organized enough to mount a defense.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback

Return to “This, That, Those, and Them”