Minimal Defense.

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

Re: Minimal Defense.

minimal def is an interesting idea but runs into many issues

basing it off of alliance defenses hinders vendettas, that alone makes basing it off of alliances average def a bad idea

and making it 50% of another persons is a very very bad idea, with there being people with armysize over a billion, how do u propose those with smaller armysizes mass that, even if they get to raid cap, they lack the units to build the def, and mass it. and while i know some people will say use teamwork, how bout it being a 1 on 1, or the person has nobody big enough to help or that are willing to destroy months of up damage to their accounts, the smaller account would not be able to do anything just cause of lack of units, and even if they succeed, ok now all their units are att and def supers, they have no spies to protect the weapons, so the def can be sabbed at almost no cost, unless they mass their own strike to get units to train as spies

i like the percentage idea, but i think 50% is nuts cause of those factors

personally i think 15 to 20 % is more reasonable, maybe even 25, but not 50%
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

About being one on one?

You can but a lot harder. And you know what? That is how it is supposed to be.
Because some people are giants in this game and some are not not everyone should be able to destroy everyone.

You want to know how one can still do it?

Start massing him... lose units...
Go back to raiding to the cap
Start massing him again

and so on and on

You will recover a lot faster because of the raiding. He on the other hand is over the plague. So his army size will get smaller and smaller and you will eventually cut him down.

Is that hard. Yes Is it supposed to be? Yes

Cause this is exactly what is wrong with this game now days. Best players can be snipped by some guy who doesnt even play this game for real. Or some multis.
Good players will be able to go after the biggest guys and make them really hurt. Good alliances will take them down as well.
Smaller one probably not.
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

it's a great idea but not 50% imo.. and people in plague dn't keep loosing uu their up is so high if anything some gain uu 1b+ and without being able to snipe ( which has/is ruining the game) i really can't see many playing due to extra costs and effort with how the games been played now. I can't even see admin implementing it anyway he's stubborn to new ideas.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

No I didnt say that they lose UU on their own. They lose more UU than they gain when you mass them that is what I meant

Biggest defenses back in the day. The entire CIA had to cooperate to bring those down. But it hurt the guy building them as well also
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

Clockwork wrote:
Guild wrote:good idea, not sure FS or OE would agree though
:roll: [-X

I don't think enforced 'defence' levels are the way to go, it feel artificial. That said I would suggest something like this:-

1) cannot sell weapons, they are used, nobody else wants them. (just like you cant disarm your Motherships, arming your troops is an investment).
2) in defence of your planet, both your attack and defence troops fight. (Defence troops fight full strength, attack troops fight at half strength). All trained troops can be killed.
3) when attacking others, only your attack troops are sent, just like it is now. (They fight at full strength).
4) when taking a planet, the defenders MS fights to protect the planet if it is at home (say providing up to an additional percentage of the planets defences) both MS take damage from the engagement.

Something like that :P
well logic and role play was the reasoning behind many functions in the game...

why would you provoke someone so big, if you did not believe you could defend yourself to a reasonable degree?

its not a bad idea tbh, i see the agenda behind it, but none the less for logical reasons its good.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish
ID: 0

I think the way I had it set out on my first post is still the way to go. Doesn't call for a huge defense but still something worth hitting.

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

[23:08] <cha0sk1ng> You just want to mass people more KJ, haha
[23:08] <~Support> Anything that makes it easier for 'bigger' to remain big without a counterbalance is a bad idea. <-- I'll repeat.
[23:09] <cha0sk1ng> It's tricky I suppose
[23:09] <KJ> cha0sk1ng: partly yes, but the game will die when nobody has stats
[23:09] <KJ> and less and less people are building
[23:09] <KJ> entire alliances
[23:09] <KJ> even entire empires are considering just being snipers to bother others
[23:09] <KJ> lol
[23:09] <KJ> And yes it is tricky - which means we need to discuss it
[23:09] <~Support> No.
[23:10] <~Support> -> forum, if you insist.

01[23:14] <Caprila> minimal defence discussion comes and goes, problem really i think is no one really has a good solution
[23:15] <~Support> Continue it in that thread, maybe. You will need to make an extremely good point to convince me to favour a single stat - defence - just because people want to mass more. ;)

[23:18] <~Support> Best bet in that regard (short segue back to minimal def) is along the lines of efficiency modifiers. x vs y.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

Think about it another way... Yes, problem with snipers... Min defs..hmm. No way to enforce a min def on people as anyone can play the way they want.. So find another reason to make them get the min def... no G&R unless you are in a certain rank range AND have a certain min def... Lots of the snipers like to do the double strike.. This would cut back on that a bit but they could still do 5pt G&R for 6 days and get the required G&R.. but would be more likely they would have SOMETHING to loose...

just a thought

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.

Return to “Game Suggestions”