Era 36 - Mission Impossible

ElgCaress
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Devine
ID: 0

Era 36 - Mission Impossible

I'm not one to come and moan and complain about an era. I normally just work around the issues but this era is not workable imho.

These issues are based on my experience so far. For the first 11 days or so I wasn't active enough to get in the top 10 for the GnR because of RL issues. We are now ± 12 days into this era and I've been actively playing for the last 3 days trying to drop my rank to 10 or below.

It is an absolute struggle to stay in the top 10. Limited turns and a high glory rank has left me barely keeping up.

Limited Turns;
Players with low GnR rankings have much higher stats, thereby having to farm less and saving up their turns. They can afford to do selective farming or wait a day or two.

The players from rank 7-12 are finding themselves constantly having to farm to gain a small % to make the top 10, thereby "wasting" more valuable turns.

Now I understand the concept of this era. "..those that are ahead at the start, will obviously get FURTHER ahead..". I get that. But basically what you are saying is if you haven't managed a top 10 from the start, don't bother. You will not be able to end this era with a good rank. There is only one way to try catch up. Spend $$.

One can argue that you can mass the top players. Pray tell...with what turns? At this point in time only top players (rank 1-4) can easily mass each other. They will have the turns and strike to do so. The pleps at the bottom cannot do much. And seriously, I do not see the top GnR players massing each other often. They will mostly just rotate the rank 1 spot. Yes Jack massed Castiel to keep that player from getting further and further away. I do not see massing happen often.

At the end, massing that player won't really do much damage or help the other players in a major way. In fact, only the other top players will really benefit. More rank 1 GnR point opportunities for them. If they are clever, they would just stay where they are, save up their turns and when massed, spend some of those accumulated AT and they back where they are as their GnR will just boost their stats back up again....ahead of most players anyway. Rinse, repeat.

This going on for 77 days? Sigh... ](*,)

The only thing I can think of that might create opportunities for the rest of the players to 'stay in the game' is for a player to 'loose' some glory when attacked. ie. Losing a % GnR per hit. The more GnR you have, the more you loose...the less...u get the picture.

By doing the above or something similar you will keep everyone in the game till the end.

At this point in time i'm not finding this era a challenge at all. It's near impossible and demoralizing. Definitely not enjoyable. At this point in time I feel I am just wasting my time playing competitively and I should rather spend my weekly increasing my bank size and wait out the last 77.7 days..
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Re: Era 36 - Mission Impossible

Maybe top 10 can mass eachother and everyone else can catch up :P

No, that was a joke, but it has some truth. That (sabbing &) massing I received set me back, no matter how much I prepared for it (Didn't help that Skynet did it again, the little...). If we were all to actually mass eachother and all of that, we'd mess up eachother's game plans. That may not mean much, so I guess there's not really a point to this post. Maybe it is a hugely unfair era. I personally don't mind, having gotten lucky at the start. I'm not an experienced Q player and I ended up with a huge advantage, so that shows that the era isn't exactly the most accurate test of skill. I'm sorry everyone that didn't luck out early has to dredge through this whole thing. I guess it was intended to be unfair.

What I can promise is I won't let anyone (but me or an Immortal) hold rank 1 forever if I have any say in the matter, so there's that :)

EDIT: Rank 1 again. Yeah, it's definitely an unfair advantage. I shouldn't have that rank.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

you could always use this era to upgrade your bank/miners .....
a very bad hairdo
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

ElgCaress wrote: Yes Jack massed Castiel to keep that player from getting further and further away. I do not see massing happen often.
That took a group effort to even achieve properly.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

The current era has quite a few bugs, one also helped Castiel (and others, but most notably him) get that far ahead. It is very unbalanced and all that matters is luck right now..
Anyway that being said, I agree with what you said Elg. I am meeting admin tonight for a chat and hopefully we'll work things out. I've already wrote him an email about a week ago about the situation, but due to problems with main server it had to wait..

Give it a day or two, bugs will be fixed and game will also be balanced ;)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
™THE_LEGEND™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™
Race: F®G0TT3/\/
ID: 12795
Alternate name(s): ™THE_L3G3ND™

ElgCaress wrote:I'm not one to come and moan and complain about an era. I normally just work around the issues but this era is not workable imho.

These issues are based on my experience so far. For the first 11 days or so I wasn't active enough to get in the top 10 for the GnR because of RL issues. We are now ± 12 days into this era and I've been actively playing for the last 3 days trying to drop my rank to 10 or below.

It is an absolute struggle to stay in the top 10. Limited turns and a high glory rank has left me barely keeping up.

Limited Turns;
Players with low GnR rankings have much higher stats, thereby having to farm less and saving up their turns. They can afford to do selective farming or wait a day or two.

The players from rank 7-12 are finding themselves constantly having to farm to gain a small % to make the top 10, thereby "wasting" more valuable turns.

Now I understand the concept of this era. "..those that are ahead at the start, will obviously get FURTHER ahead..". I get that. But basically what you are saying is if you haven't managed a top 10 from the start, don't bother. You will not be able to end this era with a good rank. There is only one way to try catch up. Spend $$.

One can argue that you can mass the top players. Pray tell...with what turns? At this point in time only top players (rank 1-4) can easily mass each other. They will have the turns and strike to do so. The pleps at the bottom cannot do much. And seriously, I do not see the top GnR players massing each other often. They will mostly just rotate the rank 1 spot. Yes Jack massed Castiel to keep that player from getting further and further away. I do not see massing happen often.

At the end, massing that player won't really do much damage or help the other players in a major way. In fact, only the other top players will really benefit. More rank 1 GnR point opportunities for them. If they are clever, they would just stay where they are, save up their turns and when massed, spend some of those accumulated AT and they back where they are as their GnR will just boost their stats back up again....ahead of most players anyway. Rinse, repeat.

This going on for 77 days? Sigh... ](*,)

The only thing I can think of that might create opportunities for the rest of the players to 'stay in the game' is for a player to 'loose' some glory when attacked. ie. Losing a % GnR per hit. The more GnR you have, the more you loose...the less...u get the picture.

By doing the above or something similar you will keep everyone in the game till the end.

At this point in time i'm not finding this era a challenge at all. It's near impossible and demoralizing. Definitely not enjoyable. At this point in time I feel I am just wasting my time playing competitively and I should rather spend my weekly increasing my bank size and wait out the last 77.7 days..

I'd say its still mission impossible ](*,)
™F®G0TT3N L3G3NDS™ and ™IMM®T4L L3G3NDS™ it's a beautiful thing!

Avay Made By Murkar, Siggy Made By Retribution
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

The unbalanced nature of this Era is making my ballz ache, and sag even further gravity-wise towards the dark abyss...

I realized about a week or two into this Era that there is not much way to try and get back into this Era without it costing an arm and a left pinky toe??

If ever there was a bummer reason to just coast and try to add G&R and Bank size for the next few months this is it!

'Bad Affy' sez, "I cant even get fired up at all..." :smt015
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “General”