Tournament 13: Plague

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Re: Tournament 13: Plague

Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:Okay.. what happened this time?

I had FULL LF and over 1B reserves, was only losing about 60% of my LF each time. I was online at last TC, watching, ready to refill again, then I was not in the tourny after all of this time. I do not see how that happened... should not have been kicked.

Apparently several others have had the same issue. Guerrero and numoon included.
Sierena takes nothing from reserves, only from LF. If you saw it was taking ~60% then chances are it would have killed you very soon. It eats based on an exponential increase (and then some).
Sorry SoL, but not that soon, not to all of us. I was losing 120m per turn, increasing at around 10m each time. I had 197m LF. So it had to jump more than 1.5x damage to take me out. Same with Guerrero who's went from 160 and killed his 258m.

It should not have jumped like that and killed us in 1 turn.
I can tell you what happened during the past 2 TC's... still got debugging on from sierena.
This is the turn change before (i.e when it took away, but didn't kill you):
LF loss: 136060920.354 - your LF before deduction: 197330400
on the TC you were killed:
loss: 136097475.627 - your lf before: 134939496 (hence you were killed)

There were no deductions before that either (done by bots as well).

Those numbers for the LF loss make sense, just that my LF was showing as full as it was the previous turn... can you check Guerrero's numbers too please SoL.
Guerrero has something similar:
loss: 193584943.024 user life force: 248192986
and upon kill:
loss: 193637180.329 user life force: 165260749

Couldn't see any pattern, wouldn't be doubling up on losses (otherwise you would have been dead ages ago), and there are no other LF deductions in the game except outside of the arena when LF is greater than it's max, so it's reduced again, but you weren't over your max, and even so it would have just increased it to your max anyway :P.
It could have been possible that you thought TC was completed and then went about massing again...didn't check all your logs but this is when you died:

23:20:27 on 4th Sep Sierena *RepliNorbe [TÅF] 32
23:20:27 on 4th Sep Sierena ~Guerrero~ [TAF] 34
Okay, so whatever happened to lower my LF also happened to him.

I made no hits near TC. However after I had refilled my LF (approx 23:12?), I then did make a good number of Blitz Siphon hits (23:13-23:16 being the last one I made). Guerrero also did one blitz siphon hit. Is it possible in any way making the Blitz Siphon hits reduced our LF without it showing in the command center? (I deliberately double checked my LF was full about 1 min before TC, it was according to my command center)

EDIT: added times.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Probably got excited and sucks the life out of you twice :D
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote: Guerrero has something similar:
and upon kill:

Couldn't see any pattern, wouldn't be doubling up on losses (otherwise you would have been dead ages ago), and there are no other LF deductions in the game except outside of the arena when LF is greater than it's max, so it's reduced again, but you weren't over your max, and even so it would have just increased it to your max anyway :P.
It could have been possible that you thought TC was completed and then went about massing again...didn't check all your logs but this is when you died:

I made no hits near TC. However after I had refilled my LF (approx 23:12?), I then did make a good number of Blitz Siphon hits (23:13-23:16 being the last one I made). Guerrero also did one blitz siphon hit. Is it possible in any way making the Blitz Siphon hits reduced our LF without it showing in the command center? (I deliberately double checked my LF was full about 1 min before TC, it was according to my command center)

Not really, it would have pulled the numbers straight from the DB... attacks could have lagged, buuttt your whole page probably wouldn't have refreshed and the DB would have been backed up so it would have been noticeable.
If it was a dualis bro, you would have known, if it was another bot, there would have been a trace of it somewhere and there isn't...there have been no outside influences on your account either.
Nothing else reduces your LF during TC either (except the cap like I said above).
If something was doubling up you probably would have noticed far earlier as well, and if it was a phantom bot, you probably would have been dead quite a few TC's ago.

I take it when you changed LFR to LF you just put in like 999999999 or something?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Norbe
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
and upon kill:

Not really, it would have pulled the numbers straight from the DB... attacks could have lagged, buuttt your whole page probably wouldn't have refreshed and the DB would have been backed up so it would have been noticeable.
If it was a dualis bro, you would have known, if it was another bot, there would have been a trace of it somewhere and there isn't...there have been no outside influences on your account either.
Nothing else reduces your LF during TC either (except the cap like I said above).
If something was doubling up you probably would have noticed far earlier as well, and if it was a phantom bot, you probably would have been dead quite a few TC's ago.

I take it when you changed LFR to LF you just put in like 999999999 or something?
Yes. Not sure if I exactly did 99999999999 or if i did 180000000 or similar, either way i did put in a number over the amount and let the game just take the max as I was doing for every turn change previous.

Like I say the only thing that comes to mind is I refilled, THEN made the blitz attacks. In previous TCs I had not made the blitz attacks (at least not when plague was sufficient to have killed me when my LF was damaged to the same extent). If there was a bug in the blitz coding that lowered LF (yet didn't show in CC), it would explain it.

For me the missing LF is 31.62% of max, for Guerrero it is 33.41% of his max. Not sure if the % helps at all.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Sol
Forum Addict

Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
and upon kill:

Yes. Not sure if I exactly did 99999999999 or if i did 180000000 or similar, either way i did put in a number over the amount and let the game just take the max as I was doing for every turn change previous.

Like I say the only thing that comes to mind is I refilled, THEN made the blitz attacks. In previous TCs I had not made the blitz attacks (at least not when plague was sufficient to have killed me when my LF was damaged to the same extent).

For me the missing LF is 31.62% of max, for Guerrero it is 33.41% of his max. Not sure if the % helps at all.
yeah I thought you would have...
hmm very odd....I can't find anything in TC, it leads me to believe that you went 'into' turn change with your LF reduced to that much. %'s don't really seem to shed any new light on it, looks more of a coincidence (sort of expected to be around that much anyway). But the numbers seem to have little baring on Sierena's take, they look like more of a mass attack done by a bot....
What's your recovery rate for LF?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Norbe
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
Sol wrote:
Norbe wrote:
and upon kill:

Like I say the only thing that comes to mind is I refilled, THEN made the blitz attacks. In previous TCs I had not made the blitz attacks (at least not when plague was sufficient to have killed me when my LF was damaged to the same extent).

yeah I thought you would have...
hmm very odd....I can't find anything in TC, it leads me to believe that you went 'into' turn change with your LF reduced to that much. %'s don't really seem to shed any new light on it, looks more of a coincidence (sort of expected to be around that much anyway). But the numbers seem to have little baring on Sierena's take, they look like more of a mass attack done by a bot....
What's your recovery rate for LF?
LF recovery rate seemed to vary slight in the arena. But according to my current stats now outside arena (which is similar):
Ascended Life Force Recovery Rate Per Turn 73,670,016 Ascended Life Force
Reserve / Cache Rate Per Turn While at Maximum
LF fills first(fast), then reserves(slower), then cache(slowest) 40,288,290 / 20,144,145 Ascended Life Force
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

oh i have mine from the arena, i posted it in a skype convo

[9/4/13 9:24:41 AM] Kenneth Guerrero: Life Force Recovery Rate Per Turn 109,011,096 Ascended Life Force
[9/4/13 9:24:54 AM] Kenneth Guerrero: Reserve Recovery Rate Per Turn
LF fills first(fast), then reserves(slower) 53,045,500 Ascended Life Force
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
Sol
Forum Addict

Your min LF recovery would have been 71,828,265.6....hmmm, was thinking maybe your recovery went negative and deducted LF...numbers are too different still...I don't see any correlations with anything
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Anyone left alive? :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict

Wait a minute, dig this:
Your recovery ~73,670,016
Your LF when you were killed: 134939496

So 197330400 -136060920.354 + 73,670,016 = 134,939,495.65 (before you were killed 134,939,496)

So it's either not showing the true amount of LF, or there is an odd double take, but it's happening to everyone so dont worry :P, I'll leave it as is until the tourney is over.
Watch your turns...TC could be repeating itself. There doesn't seem to be any error with Sierenas take.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

2 left in the tourney
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Norbe
Forum Elder

Sol wrote:Wait a minute, dig this:
Your recovery ~73,670,016
Your LF when you were killed: 134939496

So 197330400 -136060920.354 + 73,670,016 = 134,939,495.65 (before you were killed 134,939,496)

So it's either not showing the true amount of LF, or there is an odd double take, but it's happening to everyone so dont worry :P, I'll leave it as is until the tourney is over.
Watch your turns...TC could be repeating itself. There doesn't seem to be any error with Sierenas take.
I see.. glad you found the source of the problem. Still annoying to those of us who got caught out by it so close to the end, I would have still been in now and with a chance of winning. Anyway thanks for investigating.

Congratulations to Clockwork from OE for winning the tournament, as you surely will do now. I think the first player not from TL or TAF to win a tournament? Commiseration's to ascended RepliNorbe for coming second (2nd time being 2nd in a tourny for him now), and well done to Stratigize for coming 3rd after such a battle for him for the past few days.

~Norbe~
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

The previous tournament had Clockwork and ETL in the final two :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Norbe
Forum Elder

Caprila wrote:The previous tournament had Clockwork and ETL in the final two :)
Ah, my bad. Someone told me there was no winner. So it's two wins for Clockwork then? Very impressive.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Nah, the last tournament was too bugged, so I although I was joint 'last alive' with ETL, we didn't 'win' which is fair enough.

And I would not count this as a win just yet :P It's still very possible for me to lose, it's going to be down to how much the plague damage increases per turn for me (does not matter how much reserve you have if it kills your LF in 1 go), and if we have another double dip by the plague.

But we are into the last 4 or 5 turn changes I think. So, time will tell, good luck to ascended RepliNorbe :)
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”