ToC Arena Type

Suggest any improvements
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

ToC Arena Type

When team death match rolled out others wanted a balance for things like levels, and them command stars were eliminated completely. Those with lower levels were compensated with far more planets.

Why then has this balancing not been done on the ToC arena type? Those with lower levels should be compensated with increased LF and LFC recovery rate, an increase in ToC, something to balance the game type that the kitty created in hopes of winning an arena.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: ToC Arena Type

This would be good. My TOC is pathetically low, so I can't really do anything except wait to get knocked out.... I can't even become infected now because I can't successfully attack anything left.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

No need, things are scaled to a players account.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

How so? Because I hit a lvl 10 bot and it damn near killed me. Others (including my own primary account) could handle those hits with ease.

So how then were things balanced for my *multi to survive that hit? Especially when it hit back.
Signature Here

Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:No need, things are scaled to a players account.
Scaled is good, but maybe add a chance to win factor, so lower players have a chance to play and do something later in the tournament? Basically twiddling my thumbs at the moment, with the occasional blitz to see if an opponent was weakened enough for me to get some LF.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Slim87R wrote:
Scaled is good, but maybe add a chance to win factor, so lower players have a chance to play and do something later in the tournament? Basically twiddling my thumbs at the moment, with the occasional blitz to see if an opponent was weakened enough for me to get some LF.
What he is saying is they are scaled to the point that ETL approved, since this is his arena type so he could possibly win one. And no they are not fair to lower leveled players and we have no chance of killing anything. The best I could kill was a level 7, so how does one survive the bots? Then how does one survive player attacks when those with lower levels are given no advantage unlike in Deathmatch arenas?
Signature Here

IFLuX
Forum Elite

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
What he is saying is they are scaled to the point that ETL approved, since this is his arena type so he could possibly win one. And no they are not fair to lower leveled players and we have no chance of killing anything. The best I could kill was a level 7, so how does one survive the bots? Then how does one survive player attacks when those with lower levels are given no advantage unlike in Deathmatch arenas?
ETL played 1 arena so far :) SO ETL has nothink to do with this :smt056
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

IFLuX wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
ETL played 1 arena so far :) SO ETL has nothink to do with this :smt056
Oh I didn't realize he was what this is about?

Lower level players have a huge disadvange in this arena type since there is no boost whatsoever, unlike deathmatch arena types. Now that we are back on point.
Signature Here

Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

When people eventually realise that killing bots is a bad idea, low level players will be fine, farming life force from low level bots.

The plague is the killer, not the bots.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Clockwork wrote:When people eventually realise that killing bots is a bad idea, low level players will be fine, farming life force from low level bots.

No the bots got me. Next time I guess I should focus my attacks on another group besides the bots ;)
Signature Here

Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

hokiehomeboy wrote:
Clockwork wrote:When people eventually realise that killing bots is a bad idea, low level players will be fine, farming life force from low level bots.

No the bots got me. Next time I guess I should focus my attacks on another group besides the bots ;)
#-o

You can't attack players, unless they are one 1 LF..... And doing so is a bad idea anyway because it nurfs your reward.

If you died to a bot, you either attacked a bot that was too high level for your account, rather than farm a low level bot (probably because people kill them rather than farm them). Or you were inactive (not farmed) for x amount of time and the butcher paid you a visit.

Low TOC accounts should farm low level bots, mid TOC accounts should farm mid level bots, and high TOC accounts should farm Lvl 10 a 11 bots. And everybody should try and farm butcher AFTER it has attacked somebody.

This is a player v plague tournament, damage from the plague is scaled to each account, so from that point of view everybody is on the same playing field. If everybody worked together farming the correct tier bots, the collective would survive longer.

You 'could' kill every single bot in the tournament, all that would do is guarantee everybody dies to the plague.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Bots have been more frisky this time around though.

I've been hit by a lot of random bots, that I haven't hit previously. At one point I was being hit by 4 a turn.

I'm not sure if they've been tasked to target player with similar levels to them, or whatever, this time around, but you can be sure, you need to do 'something' about them..

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sol
Forum Addict

Bots are as they should be, and they retal only if you attack. As the butcher dies the second most powerful starts taking the hits for inactivity and so on if that one dies.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

ETLs ToC did nothing to help him at all in the 1st plague tourney, the Butcher still butchered him

haven't seen ETL in any other plague tourneys so far (unless its his multi, no idea about that one, just his main)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Clockwork wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:

#-o

You can't attack players, unless they are one 1 LF..... And doing so is a bad idea anyway because it nurfs your reward.

If you died to a bot, you either attacked a bot that was too high level for your account, rather than farm a low level bot (probably because people kill them rather than farm them). Or you were inactive (not farmed) for x amount of time and the butcher paid you a visit.

Low TOC accounts should farm low level bots, mid TOC accounts should farm mid level bots, and high TOC accounts should farm Lvl 10 a 11 bots. And everybody should try and farm butcher AFTER it has attacked somebody.

This is a player v plague tournament, damage from the plague is scaled to each account, so from that point of view everybody is on the same playing field. If everybody worked together farming the correct tier bots, the collective would survive longer.

You 'could' kill every single bot in the tournament, all that would do is guarantee everybody dies to the plague.
I killed myself attacking the butcher so I could get back to the land of the living. The reason?

What does one do when there are only lvl 9 bots left and hitting that lvl 9 bot nearly kills you? Sorry to poke holes in the very first solution you said, maybe everything you said after that made sense, but the very first thing you said was not a logical choice for the situation in which I was placed and thus not a solution to the problem posed.
Signature Here

Return to “Suggestions”