Rankings?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Alex1981NL
Forum Newbie
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Alex1981m @ NewGrounds

Rankings?

I joined the ascended server a day or two ago.
It took me some time, but i get my account mostly covered by now. At least for a n00b.

But while my rankings seem pretty ok to me, there is one thing that keeps puzzling me.
I invested mainly in defense and covert. I also picked my race with that in mind. It worked for my defense ranking. I am somewhere a bit below the 1000 rank there. But with covert it totally went wrong, and i can't figure out why. I devoted almost 1/3 of my planets to covert(70 k out of almost 250k planets), and also powered up to a more than decent lvl (to 1000 points i think). Still I get no further than rank 3500 or something.

Did I miss something, or has everybody raised their covert to skyhigh limits and almost completely ignored their defense?
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: Rankings?

No. Other players simply have that much more planets. Gaining 1 billion planets a day is common.
You need to focus on charisma and fleets and you'll be there in no time.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

The average size of players on ascended is 11-ish billion. (Though maybe the current war reduced that a little.)
It will take you some hard work farming and building your CER, and a lot of time for the planets to come in, before you can begin to rival them. :) When you do, though, it will be awesome.

In the meantime, try to sign up for as many tournaments as possible. Participation is key. ;)
Alex1981NL
Forum Newbie

Well...crap.

I was so proud i managed to reach rank 600 on defense in my second day as an ascended being. Guess it looks better than it actually is.

How can it be that I managed to obtain rank 600 with only 1000 planets for my defense? Is defense not as important here?

By the way...what is CER?

**edit**

Ow wait, CER = CERF
I was looking for 3 words...but there is also fleets added.
Loki™
Forum Elder

You don't really need def unless you are one of those guys with a couple dozen billion planets ain income or are building top 100 stats for extra turns.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Slim87R
Forum Expert

What others have said. Also, build your physical stats up in the Power UP area. I have 6.5 billion Covert planets myself and still am only ranked 32 in covert. It takes time. Building up your Physicals will help greatly in tournaments as well.
Alex1981NL
Forum Newbie

It's great to see people are actually willing to help a n00b out here.

I am going to try and see if I can use all the advise I have been given here.
Let's see where I end up in a year or so :)
Loki™
Forum Elder

Alex1981NL wrote:It's great to see people are actually willing to help a n00b out here.

I am going to try and see if I can use all the advise I have been given here.
Let's see where I end up in a year or so :)
You can get a decent ascended account suprisingly fast.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Alex1981NL
Forum Newbie

Well, restarted playing main a month or so ago I think. Been away for a couple of years.
Soon after that I also found NewGrounds.
And now into Ascension.
Busy enough I would say.

Not really in a hurry to reach top 100 in a couple of months. Aiming for the first 500 to start with. Going up from there. With all the advise I am pretty sure I'll get there somehow.
Loki™
Forum Elder

You should focus all effort to CER till you get at least 100mil planets per day.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Alex1981NL
Forum Newbie

Ok, got it. At 10 million a day right now. Still almost 14 million APP to exchange for LF. So I could get the DarkMatter pretty fast if I wanted to trade the gained LF for that.

What is the best thing to do with the APP? Let them change into LF or trade for turns? I doubt I could use all the turns i get that way. So I think I would stick to LF instead. The LF I can use for both powerup and transferring into DarkMatter for upgrading physical.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

unfortunetly you will just have to wait till it drains to you, will take some time. if you hit that button you will loose it all, so dont do that. best to go out farming for DMU and putting that into cache to power up with. you can do that in the cosmic trade
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Loki™
Forum Elder

KOS wrote:unfortunetly you will just have to wait till it drains to you, will take some time. if you hit that button you will loose it all, so dont do that. best to go out farming for DMU and putting that into cache to power up with. you can do that in the cosmic trade
He should increase fleets first though.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

right, get that CER up so you can hit the good farms :)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
frans
Forum Grunt

CER is Cosmic Expansion Rate. If you go to your introspection page, you'll see it there. It is a combination of Outward Charisma from the powerups page, and Cosmic Exploratory Recon Fleets from the cosmic development page. Increasing either increases your CER.

Stick to waiting for your APP to convert to LF. Prioritize that LF on Outward Charisma.

Prioritize your planets on getting more income, and use that income for more fleets(Cosmic Exploratory Recon Fleets). Later on, once your APP has finished converting, you'll find converting DMU to LF quite helpful as well.

Converting LF to DMU on the other hand is very inefficient. Avoid it if at all possible.

You also might want some covert and try scouting out some targets to farm. You're limited to attacking anyone who has within 5x your own planet count, so keep that in mind. The inverse of that also applies, which means anyone who has more than 5x your planet count can't attack you either. Most of the server that is active shouldn't be able of even touching you at this point.

Return to “Ascended General”