More Ascensions

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

More Ascensions

let us ascend more then 23 times, without giving any APP, but after the 23rd make the raw requirements a lot higher say 500k raw
ID 52142
frazz
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: More Ascensions

Ive said this plenty of times

but app should be allowed

butmy idea is different it doesn't add a % power boost what it adds new tech trees

ie more powerfull att/def weps or clocking technology that makes att planets less effective against you

but for requirements I would say it should be achievement based like the ascened achievements have to get so much me min covert levels etc

also if ascened to the higher ascended beings then you don't fully lose what you have as you are already fully ascended just a % of what you had so have above lvl 45 cover you always restart on level 35 and below that lvl 30

also would need to be non purchasable ascensions
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Serkan
Forum Grunt
Alliance: TAF
Race: System Lord
ID: 1916877
Alternate name(s): ...

and we lose our skill levels ? no thanks :P
Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

i think there should be unlimited ascensions with the same bonuses they are now.. just add % and higher chance of AB etc

and to combat title changes we just add our own custom title lol

would be simple to code so would be a very quick and easy update
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

This should defiantely be discussed in a game admin meet.
ID 52142
Oreo
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): E

I like the idea, but

As said some people won't want to loose the Base accounts again,

Maybe add a couple that give

Xtra officers
More plats
Ability to hold 2 Triples.

Not big things but you get the stat increase aswell,
Purchasable,

make ascensions up to 30.

24-26 (+1 plat/officer ea.)
27-29 (+1 officer/plat ea.)
30 two triples.

Then add big things later like
ABs
New weps
More MS Techs

That way we cab have fun with the 7 new ones and it doesn't make it even harder for the newer players to catch or put them at a bigger disadvantage.
Sol
Forum Addict

Was thinking about this.
Have an exp. decrease on the % bonus you get and uncap the amount of ascensions you can do.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

Due to the fact that most big Unknown accounts have major lvls that they wouldnt want to lose you could offer a ascension choice.

Get Custom title + 2% increase to all stats and keep everything exept naq, UU and Techs.
Get Custom title + 5% increase to all stats and keep everything exept AC, naq, UU and Techs.
Get Custom title + 10% increase to all stats and account is reset as in typical ascension.

If Custom titles and ascensions are an option you could just make the first part of the title customisable but keep the race the same and have 3 additional colours.

Example:

+1-5 Dark Orange
+6-10 Light Grey
+11-15(cap it here) Purple

Ritalin
Superbia in Proeli
[ MaYHeM ]
True Power of the ORI+1

Ritalin
Superbia in Proeli
[ MaYHeM ]
Raw Power of the ORI+6

Ritalin
Superbia in Proeli
[ MaYHeM ]
Source of the ORI+11
frazz
Forum Irregular

really I understand the work put into some accounts for coverts etc

but if after a time eventually it would be worthwhile the tech trees need to be something that Is udefull tho

also you caouold be limited as to how many you can choose depending on the path you choose

probably quite similar to how the game started income, def, att etc
Spoiler
Denis Oman

you scare me!

This will remind you!
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

If new ascensions were to be brought, i think the incentive(s) should be of material nature. As in, more income, cheaper UP, etc. Because this way, you can loose what you gain, people can farm, raid you, instead of just a static, impossibly to loose advantage.
Bias Admin colour
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I disagree with this.

23 ascensions is already too much. Opening it up that far was one of the worst mistakes made. It takes most new players 2 years to get an account through the whole run. I know NG is quicker.. but it's still only a partial workaround, they still have their main account to ascend.

Plus, already the AB % for a TUK is 64%. That's very close to 2/3 hits are AB and so you regularly hit 5-6 in a row. Increasing that further just means virtually every hit is an AB.. which makes the point of having it there in the first place moot. You may as well be giving everyone perma-double strikes and double defense!
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Norbe wrote:I disagree with this.

23 ascensions is already too much. Opening it up that far was one of the worst mistakes made. It takes most new players 2 years to get an account through the whole run. I know NG is quicker.. but it's still only a partial workaround, they still have their main account to ascend.

Plus, already the AB % for a TUK is 64%. That's very close to 2/3 hits are AB and so you regularly hit 5-6 in a row. Increasing that further just means virtually every hit is an AB.. which makes the point of having it there in the first place moot. You may as well be giving everyone perma-double strikes and double defense!
Agreed.

If more ascensions are to be added to the game, then I think they need to go in a different direction than adding to AB and stats.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
frazz
Forum Irregular

what I have suggested lets players leep existing bonus as well as adding a new dimension tho
Spoiler
Denis Oman

you scare me!

This will remind you!
Borek
Forum Addict

tbh the last thing the game needs is extra ways to make accounts more powerful, if anything it needs planet power reducing. I would also remind people that one of the reasons NG accounts were brought in was to take into account that ascending 23x for a new player was way too time consuming. Lastly any resetting of accounts to gain an ascension is going to cost people who have invested significantly in their TUK accounts levels insane amounts, investments that people will, rightly, claim they only made because it was made clear some time ago that TUK was where it would end for ascensions.

Of course i see merit in developing additional tactical options via game changes, but using the "Ascension" word certainly gets my **** twitching, i bought an account last year with C42, if that gets reset i will be mighty peeved, i heard people are considering north of 2 grand for Tony's monster C43 account, can you imagine if someone spent that and a couple of weeks later the game was updated and they were looking at loosing that covert level for a "must have" new ascension we were promised years ago would not happen?

I think there is plenty of scope to work the ideas for new stuff into the game, but please lets not scare people with hints of resets, that boat sailed a long time ago.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"

Return to “Game Suggestions”