Affy has had a rough week

Specific to server: "GateWars: Quantum"
Cool Breeze
Forum Newbie

Affy has had a rough week

Affy (my Dad) has had a rough week, first his brother in law, Affy's sister's husband (my Uncle Clark) died unexpectedly in a car wreck on frozen slippery winter roads in North Carolina, USA. Affy & Mrs Affy had to go help place him to rest driving 1000 miles or so north into the same treacherous icy weather. then while up there helping my aunt Karen my Dad's Gall Bladder decided to nearly burst becoming inflamed passing a gall stone 'the size of texas' as crazy Affy described it. He endured the pain, huggings, and funeral and then drove 20 plus hours straight home to get my Mom back to Florida before ending up in a hospital emergency room for several days.

I am not sure he would want me to tell you all this, but, he is often TMI when it comes to his life and I thought he would want you to know. Passing the Gall stone prevented emergency surgery to yank out his old GB but he will most likely have to have to get it removed as they found 4 or 5 more huge stones like the one that almost burst it. He is very sore, super irritable mainly cause his blood sugar is whack and staying high like over 200 due to the GB and pancreas being so messed up. It is good he can't play SGW much cept on his cell phone cause he would probably actually mass someone to have someone feel his pain!

Never fear, he will survive, but alas he will have another BIG excuse for another pathetic Quantum era efffort which only makes this story better in the loong run. He wont let Mrs Affy post anything on facebook cuz he is an azz like that not wanting anyone to worry about him, although you may remember his long posts of FB following my Mom's whole stroke episode. I am thinking my Dad may really be CRAZY old man as it seems they have had their run of bad luck with health the past few years. Affy will come out of this with some funny story and new good advice fro us all...
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Affy has had a rough week

Affy's a tough old bastard. He will get through this like everything else.

Do wish him all the best from me though. :)

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

He'll be ok, he's a tough one! Our thoughts to you and your family. :D
Bias Admin colour
devildog
Fledgling Forumer
Race: USMC
ID: 82504101

He's crazy!!
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Ouch, I wish him all the best and hope that the bad luck regarding your family's health stops asap. It's a shame when good people have to suffer and the bad ones get away with anything. Karma, where are you?

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

hmm
i still think he's had worse days!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

poor old affy get well soon
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

High Empty wrote:hmm
i still think he's had worse days!
So true Old friend... HAHAHA
The reports of Affy's demise may be premature but I appreciate all the well wishes for my stupid old body!!

I have to get some scans and ultrasounds tomorrow and I think that they are gonna finally decide to yank out my Gall Bladder (hopefully Laproscopically?? where they go in through 3 holes under your armpit and yank it out with some super tech stuff, no cutting my fat old abdomen open so I wont be on my back for weeks, just a day or two at most!). Seems the only thing the DRs agree is that the GB has to be removed fairly soon. I think they hope the other stuff will return to normal when the faulty GB goes. Lets hope so, with the diet and everything my farts smell terrible...

Not sure what the holy hecks bellz is going on with the Pancreas and blood sugar stuff which has DRs baffled at this point. Normal blood sugar is 100 or so and mine never goes below 130-140 even when I starve for 24 hours which is baffling. Its like I got sugar stores squirting sugar into my sweet sweet veins from some unknown place! Guess we all knew that old man Affy is pure sweetness. Guess I should change my nickname to Sweet Man Affy?? :smt017

Ive been on such a strict diet Ive lost almost 30 pounds off my fat lardy middle aged figure which is a good thing, I just would NOT recommend the 'kill yourself with a funky Gall Bladder' diet to anyone. #-o

Ive got above average American Medical insurance, a sweet sweet optimistic outlook, and a LOT of friends all over so I gots LOTS to live for so I will be Okay. I just miss being able to play SGW while I am up all night with my usual combination of Insomnia, work-related Network testing, and drunken stupid Forum posts. DRs tell me I may have to seek a job with a normal schedule, so I can stick to a normal diet and meal schedule. Affy said WTH is that?? Someone will have to school me on a life like that, I have NO IDEA how to lead a 'normal' life??? HAHAHA

I will try to let you know when surgery/etc will be. Till then I will try to steal a few minutes when no one looking like tonight, to get online and screw up another Q Era... ](*,)

'Bad Affy' says "DRs told Affy that I LIVE IN HIS GALL BLADDER, if removed, Bad Affy may die forever..." :smt100

EDIT/UPDATE: Had successful surgery to remove my Gall Bladder which was apparently full of Gall Stones. Guess hard living/ fun-filled life is finally catching up to this old man. Its tough getting old... I am OK, no more pain, and back to full work schedule and duties in RL. I know you were all praying for Old Man Affy, your GF/Wives were at least, muttering 'Oh Affy, Oh Affy' at every opportunity. I heard them and I am better now!! HAHAHA :smt110

Bad News... Bad Affy was NOT in my Gall Bladder, he still lives in my insane & dual-consciousness head... :smt058
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “Quantum General”