SGW site slow? Report here! (ONLY HERE

List all bugs for MAIN SERVER here

Please use the ascended/chaos/quantum sections for bugs specific to those servers.
Angelus Errare
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TATS
Race: Ancient
ID: 28689

i don't get server lag. only because i have a t2 connection. i only lag at the turn, but it's only a few seconds.
'Remember, second place is the first loser. You might as well start sweeping the leaves.' 'What does that make us, Mr. Reynon?' 'The leaves'
--Conversation b/w Mr. Reynon and his students
[BERSERKER]
Forum Regular
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

I use IE6 and have a cable modem, never had an issue with speed.

I am living in the Eastern US
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Munchy wrote:
[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:its becuase of the ppl on right now

when i playing around liek 22:00:00 game time it super fast no lag time no nothing becuase usually half the ppl go to sleep and there is about 400 ish players comapred to 800 during the monring

I noticed that aswell, between 22:00:00 game time, and about 2:00:00 game time, the server is awesome...no better time to raid :) Too bad that is around 2-4 in the morning where I live... :x

And I have also noticed that FF is horribly slow in comparison to IE most of the time...Too bad IE doesn't have tabs, or I would use that all of the time... :roll:

LOl same ehre its like 1 in the morning for me and thats where magic happens i guesse

Angelus Errare wrote:i don't get server lag. only because i have a t2 connection. i only lag at the turn, but it's only a few seconds.

we dont have that luxury...
Angelus Errare
Forum Irregular

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:
Angelus Errare wrote:i don't get server lag. only because i have a t2 connection. i only lag at the turn, but it's only a few seconds.

we dont have that luxury...

i'm lucky, i'm 15 and my parents pay for all my expenses. so yeah. problem is, my IP costs too much, and we're thinking of switching to a different provider.
'Remember, second place is the first loser. You might as well start sweeping the leaves.' 'What does that make us, Mr. Reynon?' 'The leaves'
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

it should not lag on a big or small net connection.
i *think* the lag may have been alliance power/member updates.
I have set those to daily now (instead of hourly or so) so let see if that helps... if so i'll rewrite the update logic :)
Angelus Errare
Forum Irregular

Forum wrote:it should not lag on a big or small net connection.
i *think* the lag may have been alliance power/member updates.
I have set those to daily now (instead of hourly or so) so let see if that helps... if so i'll rewrite the update logic :)

awesome, always on top of things.
Ålbel The Wicked
Forum Spammer
Race: Elicoorian
ID: 1982073
Alternate name(s): Current:
Albel Noxx (1982073)
Old Account:
Ålbel The Wicked (18101)

A visit from forum himself wow! ...I'l try not to make this spam so thx Forum!!!
()xxx[::: Ålbel The Wicked :::]xxx()
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Thanks for replying Forum,

I still have this lag, i hit the spy button and it took 8 minutes to load, then when it did load and i hit again it completely froze and i had to logout. I have no clue whats causing this.
Memento
Forum Intermediate

i have this same problem too and it has only happened recently im Uk and use FF

ooo and u can have tabs on IE just download the IE beta version from microsoft i dont use it cos its copying FF but there is one to use wen u want lol

and thanks forum for trying to get the bottom of this i thought i thad something to do witht the server not being maintaned as often cos u are very busy but now i no why *i bow to forum

Borek
Forum Addict

Seems to be a little faster for me atm, but i'm only on PPT so haven't tested farming performance yet :)
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Borek
Forum Addict

grr, lagged and dbl posted, how ironic :roll:
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Ok so im out raiding and at

GameTime: 14:25.04

The page finally loaded at

GameTime: 14:31.31
Memento
Forum Intermediate

well admin said he is working on it cos he didnt know this was happening bu these things dont take 1min it takes time give the man a break please it will get sorted

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Yea i know it takes awhile, i was just posting so he knew times to see if there was any strange lag issues from the servers logs, the more information he has the better.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i will take time it happened (in gametime..just copy/paste the clock :) )
and which page.

with that, and me watching, i'll find it...

Return to “Bugs”