SGW site slow? Report here! (ONLY HERE

List all bugs for MAIN SERVER here

Please use the ascended/chaos/quantum sections for bugs specific to those servers.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

It seems to be random. Sometimes I don't have any lag for hours and then again it's lagging bad and the site is trying to load for minutes no matter on what page I am (could be attacking, banking, trading, there's no difference) or how many players are logged in. I usually don't do anything from like 2 minutes before the turn till 4 minutes after the turn to avoid the turn lag but the lag also appears between the turns.

Forum wrote:it should not lag on a big or small net connection.
i *think* the lag may have been alliance power/member updates.
I have set those to daily now (instead of hourly or so) so let see if that helps... if so i'll rewrite the update logic :)

I didn't notice any changes lagwise since you have set it to daily.

edit:

there it was again:

I was trying to load the command center
GameTime: 03:12.34
Next Turn: 23 min
It finally loaded at:
GameTime: 03:19.06
Next Turn: 16 min

Couldn't have been because the alliance or commander rankings were recalculated as nothing has changed there.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

agreed. sometimes it will randomly lag. Been wondering about that.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:i will take time it happened (in gametime..just copy/paste the clock :) )
and which page.

with that, and me watching, i'll find it...

GameTime: 03:27.27 (Or actually a while before that, this is the time when the page finally opened)
Page: Command center (was logging in)
I got a couple of "Page has expired" notices. Strangely enough, I tried logging in with IE while FF was loading, it logged me in within seconds.
It was a fresh browser session.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

I have noticed that reopening a browser window (I use IE) and reopening SGW & logging back in is quick as a flash...
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Zhuge Liang
Fledgling Forumer

I've had awful lags when using Firefox, but i reverted back to IE today and there are no lags save the odd one at turn change time.
chucknorris101
Forum Irregular

i use firefox mostly, and i get random lags, mostly on the battlefield screen, but also on the armory, i dont get much else, the command centers fine...i also use IE at school and i have the same problems
Logging out and back in solves it usually but its annoying
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

THIS two days since cops massive wars started, sgw is being VERY VERY SLOW as a matter of fact it makes me wonder, even now that there are masses all over the SGW.... what after this wars?...is the server on the edge of its limits...I would like to adress this question directly to FORUM himself and also if you can tell me, what can be done about this agony, about loading a single page 5 secs... from time to time (only that this time to time stuff is now more like all the time)

I am looking forward to your replay...also would apreciate others to express their opinions on this matter

Best Regards: SVARUN
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

For the love of god it stopped working when i was massing someone....
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Nikko
Forum Grunt

If you are not already on the mercenaries page when the turn changes..im not sure it is even possible to get there for a while, everyone is on it. :lol:
D00ML0RD
Fledgling Forumer

Slowness

OMG this site, ascention and forum are struggling again very very slow - up and down speedwise :( I hope something can be done soon as gamepay is a struggle for me tonight.
********MASTER of comebacks********
S T I
Forum Intermediate

tonight is the worse i have seen it :roll: havn't even bothered to go farming, sorry about that :(
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

LOL< poor farms might go ripe.

So is it mircosolf new bug, slow down firefox, so that they can introduce their new IE browser that stelas most of firefoxs features. Will this turn into a war.

Load up your firefox broswers to find out.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - this is odd....

firstly 1) if sgw game is slow AND forums slow at same time, it cannot be the server, or the 'table locking' which i initially thought it was....the 2 are on different servers, different database servers, etc... -- this points to client side...

2) if it happens 'randomly' i cannot blame a piece of code for locking tables too long...

3) it is not the server. it is fine and not hitting capacity, or close...

4) i still think it is a table lock....although - with the reports to date, it, and the fact that opening a new window makes it fast again, it might be apache session issues (either yours expiring, and not telling you, or some sort of limit being hit on the server with number of connections....this does not mean the server is at capacity - just one of the settings that is not high enough) -- looking at issues #2 - concurrent connections - now..

5) a table lock is when some action causes a lookup or change in a table -say on your own account - then it has to finish before the next one can begin...anything that affects all items in a table (like turn update) can take a few seconds while everything else waits... this was the case with alliance updates. i will look for more that might tie up a table (like the one with player details :) ) for too long....

advice in meantime: if it is slow, close that window, open a new one from main page after re-logging in. this resets your 'session' which may be the issue...
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

i never have lag problems
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
D00ML0RD
Fledgling Forumer

slowness

Thanks Forum for taking a look. There doesn't appear to be much of a problem on my side with this issue tonight. However the times where everything was slow I tried several browsers IE, FF and Opera and they all exibited the same problem.
********MASTER of comebacks********

Return to “Bugs”