How does Quantum Wars work?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Quantum"
ABR
Forum Grunt
Alternate name(s): Melliflow

How does Quantum Wars work?

Hi so I am giving Era 40 a shot, my first ever era on Quantum Wars. How is it different to regular Gate Wars (I have seen some differences and many similarities in that sense) and what SHOULD I be doing? Is there a guide around, had a quick look but to no avail

Thanks
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: How does Quantum Wars work?

From what I know (and I stand to be corrected), this era was supposed to be a normal game with a small change, a few key accounts generate money and every so often their ppt falls so their juicy money can be stolen.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Essentially, Main is a base template for Quantum, where in each era, a "quantum shift" is made which alters the design and functionality of each era (last era was an ascension era, a few eras back there was a time loop era...).

This era is essentially what Sol said in regards to the key accounts. But there may be more... ;)
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
emolution
Fledgling Forumer

can i ask why ARTY BANG's acc name comes up in yellow??
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

Because he is a game cop
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

This era is pretty much a lottery era. Be on at the right time and check 3 accounts at the right time and you are in a huge lead.. So yeah, pointless.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Neimenljivi wrote:This era is pretty much a lottery era. Be on at the right time and check 3 accounts at the right time and you are in a huge lead.. So yeah, pointless.

~Jack
...bet you still signed up though :-k
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:This era is pretty much a lottery era. Be on at the right time and check 3 accounts at the right time and you are in a huge lead.. So yeah, pointless.

~Jack
...bet you still signed up though :-k
No he didn't, accounts in previous eras stay signed up :P

But he'll probably play nonetheless...

~Jack
It isn't that simple, PPTs will drop randomly, for different lengths of time and the times are set per-account, meaning that all 3 accounts wont be off PPT at the same time (barring a major coincidence lol).

Also, re-read the era description...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

~Jack

I for once have to slightly disagree with you bud, I don't think there will be too much of an advantage gained from the naq or units stolen, plus i got a feeling that there would be repercussions for attacking these so called gods.

So I don't think it will be just a case of ppt watching and luck.
Sorrow
Fledgling Forumer

Does glory rank still factor into the overall rank?

Mine shows "Ranked: #unranked", is it just intentionally hidden?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ronon, it really depends. Last era I saw Haz's account with an enormous amount of naq on it. Yes, if their income is the same as the income of inactive farms, it should only be about a 100 ATs worth of farming done with 10 ATs instead of 100. In that case, especially with the danger of repercussion, it probably won't even be worthwhile to be keeping tabs on those accounts. Which means it's another useless special feature, just like it was useless to ascend on your own last era.
As soon as you make it worth-while to keep tabs on those accounts (although the banks being emptied could already have a huge role in making it worth-while), it will mean that whoever gets to be on at the right time and steals the resources and suffers the least repercussions (all factors of luck) will have a huge advantage. In that sense the "feature" won't be useless anymore, but luck will play a huge role in who can "use" the "feature".

Haz, it looks more and more likely that I won't play the era. It is basically just a fast paced main server without planets and with techs. You can get lucky and find someone with a lot of resources out and off PPT there too - and in most cases, taking the stuff means you can expect a massing or two on your way. Hardly a challenging era worth playing.
I didn't mean to imply those accounts would be off at the same time. I have re-read the description, along with your posts, all I can see is "random, random, random". Luck, not skill.

Sorrow - no, it doesn't. It was removed a while ago, I think 2 eras after it was added in. No one was made aware of it at the time it was removed, of course. It also is very silly, the GnR being unranked while you can still see whether your UP is top, what's your income and army at.. Things that would be interesting trivia in main, but give far too much info on Q.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Seriously Neim, thats your concern? That naq I gave to myself while testing. It was not generated by income.

Why do you think I created 3 new accounts for this era? To keep my testing, and the actual gameplay separate. The naq on those 3 accounts will never reach that high.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Then tell me what's so special about this era? Who will keep tabs on those accounts for a chance to benefit 90 ATs while also risk any sort of penalty, seeing how you could do anything you wanted to that account? I fail to see the incentive. Making this, oh so special "feature" in which certain accounts won't be perma-PPTd but will spend some random time off, very redundant.
Of course, if you increase the prize enough to be worth keeping tabs, it means luck will have a huge role in the outcome of the era.

I seriously wonder why you didn't make a feature that doesn't relay on luck and isn't redundant. In case you made this era as an offspring of the idea I proposed to Juliette when she became an admin, that's not the sort of admin "activity" I had in mind, not at all.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Neimenljivi wrote:Then tell me what's so special about this era? Who will keep tabs on those accounts for a chance to benefit 90 ATs while also risk any sort of penalty, seeing how you could do anything you wanted to that account? I fail to see the incentive.
OK, so since it's not 999 billion, it has to be a measly sum now? Come on, as the era goes on, more income and more incentive will come through. If the rate at which this happens is not good enough, I can always adjust it.
Neimenljivi wrote:Making this, oh so special "feature" in which certain accounts won't be perma-PPTd but will spend some random time off, very redundant.
Of course, if you increase the prize enough to be worth keeping tabs, it means luck will have a huge role in the outcome of the era.
Previously when I mentioned re-reading the era description, I meant that it means this "3 accounts off PPT" thing isn't the only "feature" of this era. And when I used the word "random" in the description, it was part of the narrative. For someone so great with words, I'm amazed you didn't pick up on this.
Neimenljivi wrote:I seriously wonder why you didn't make a feature that doesn't relay on luck and isn't redundant. In case you made this era as an offspring of the idea I proposed to Juliette when she became an admin, that's not the sort of admin "activity" I had in mind, not at all.
Not sure what "idea" you are referring to, since Juliette has never told me of any ideas you proposed to her in regards to eras. But I'm curious to know what this definition of "activity" is that you are referring to.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Speaking in absolute terms, yes, there will be more naq. Speaking in relative terms, the amount of naq will stay the same, because everyone's income will increase. You can only measure it as the amount of ATs you would have saved compared to farming inactives. Perma-PPTd accounts usually have around 100 ATs worth of naq out in the open. Hardly a big incentive for the whole server to be keeping tabs, especially with the danger of repercussions. But tell me, how do you plan to balance it out so that it doesn't give too much of an advantage and it still remains worthwhile to keep tabs? I don't think you can, a 1000 ATs worth of naq will mean a huge incentive, but it will also mean a huge advantage to whoever gets lucky. Luck will be what separates someone between getting it and not getting it. It's a lottery.

Yes, the word random is used for narrative purposes, because the events are supposedly pre-determined and thus not random (although, we will hardly be able to know whether a "fluctuation" is intended or a bug), I get that. The people benefiting from those events will be random people. If something happens while Americans are in bed, the Europeans will profit from it and vica versa. That's what I meant and I thought it was pretty clear, but apparently not.

The admin activity was linked to mid-era prizes and sort of challenges (alliance and individual) which would increase activity of everyone throughout the era and bring new blood to the game, especially those seeking to measure their skill vs the skill of admins, or who just want an opportunity to mass you or whatever.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “Quantum General”