Extending battle time?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Extending battle time?

Clockwork wrote:because who's going to waste turns killing somebody that could be better used farming resources / wrecks.
How often do you go and kill someone? And when you do how badly do you want to destroy them?
You can effectively stunt peoples growth for a week by using a few hundred turns, a bill planets already and a TC. You might have to do that a few times in war. It's not really a typical event.
Clockwork wrote: Slow massing down if you must ( I don't think it's needed ) but don't reduce how efficient turns are.
Well it's really either 'make hits less powerful' or 'increase realm alert lag or decrease turns till phase', I've assumed most people will want the first, we all know how annoying it is to hit once every 10 seconds or a few hits after every TC to phase a player again.

As far as suggestions went, someone mentioned it, and it's pretty obvious, it's hell easy to wipe out a players planets in a TC or two. Practically undefendable :P. On the flip side though you shouldn't build anything that won't cause damage to the other player.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Sol wrote:Well it's really either 'make hits less powerful' or 'increase realm alert lag or decrease turns till phase', I've assumed most people will want the first, we all know how annoying it is to hit once every 10 seconds or a few hits after every TC to phase a player again.

As far as suggestions went, someone mentioned it, and it's pretty obvious, it's hell easy to wipe out a players planets in a TC or two. Practically undefendable :P.
I think I would like 'decrease turns till phase' so ATs are still worth the same value.

Please scale with defence, it should take more time with a larger defence
Sol wrote:On the flip side though you shouldn't build anything that won't cause damage to the other player.
Thats sniper talk :smt107
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
reborn
Forum Elite

Master_Splinter wrote: Please scale with defence, it should take more time with a larger defence
Just think about that for a second, its so thick.

You build a huge defence , u now know that's protected for such amount of time, I build a huge strike yet that can b taken out in mins with DM.

Or are we going to have

now I have a huge strike u will only b able to do 1 DM on me every 3 hrs?. Come on think about what your asking.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

reborn wrote:
Just think about that for a second, its so thick.

You build a huge defence , u now know that's protected for such amount of time, I build a huge strike yet that can b taken out in mins with DM.

Or are we going to have

now I have a huge strike u will only b able to do 1 DM on me every 3 hrs?. Come on think about what your asking.
Is your problem that the poor snipers will get there comeuppances? If you build a strike hav the stats to back it up, not like some sniper **Filtered**. If the snipers get slowed down that they get DMed massing a more built up account, then that should be the risk for doing so.
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
reborn
Forum Elite

There is being slowed down then there is being retarded.

Asking it to b scaled with defence and asking for 5-6 hrs for it to b mass is retarded.

Notice my post just a few before, were I even said if and that's a IF making it slower then make nox 28 from 14.

What your asking pretty much makes it were massing nox will become to mass a large defence going by 5 hrs around 210 seconds between each hit. That close to 4 mins between hits.

And im going by just 180 quad I massed that took me 20 mins.

Just so u can c the working out 14 seconds for nox*3 to bring it upto the hr *5 to bring it to the 5 hrs u want it to scale too.

As u can c its dumb.

Think about that, its the worse idea ive seen in a long time.

Your asking for 5 hrs for a defence to last, but ppl that build a strike get mins or even seconds.

Stop smoking that **Filtered** because its not doing your brain any gd :smt060
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

I think you are seeing my idea a little wrong. First the larger the defence the smaller number of hits are needed b4 nox kicks in, not that the time between hits take longer. For example when I say a 300Q defence would take 5hrs to mass to zero:

Assumptions: it take ~60 full turns to under mass an account
6 hits is the max number that can be given after turn change (def << 100Q)
turn1: 15 hits in b4 nox
2: 2 hits
3: 3 hits
4: 4 hits
5: 4 hits
6: 5 hits
7: 6 hits (by now def is almost finished)
8: 6 hits
9: 6 hits
10: 6 hits

The time between hits are normal so you only need to be around for those hit. One thing I would change to make it more fair is hav the nox drop quicker after TC say by 30% (9hits) that would change my example so:

turn1: 10 hits in b4 nox
2: 3 hits
3: 3 hits
4: 4 hits
5: 4 hits
6: 5 hits
7: 6 hits
8: 7 hits (by now def is almost finished)
9: 8 hits
10: 9 hits

Also note similar to descensions, the nox boost should scale with defence as you mass them down.
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Part of the problem is 0-5B planets takes days, and anything above that is very slow. You could mass anyone from 25B down and it takes forever to recoup those losses, while the sniper could be at it again in days. I don't have an easy solution for that, maybe make it so the limit kicks in at 4B so you cant terrorize the whole server over and over every week if wanted? Maybe adjust the 80/20 rule to say 70/30?
reborn
Forum Elite

easy way u cant put so much of your planets into just 1 stat, problem solved.

But then your also forcing ppl how to kind of play.
Spoiler

Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

reborn wrote:easy way u cant put so much of your planets into just 1 stat, problem solved.

But then your also forcing ppl how to kind of play.
lol the problem is you cant :P

You need planets in defence, covert and assassins. Then to mass the account you only need to focus you resources to attack one area and the whole house of cards come down. Some1 with 7bil planets can mass some1 with 3-4 times the planets, which has been said b4 is a different in time of 2 weeks compared to mayb a year of growth!
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Until something is done to curb snipers there is no need to build big stats.
Is this not helping? Making it easier for people that build stats to defend against snipers?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

Sol wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:Until something is done to curb snipers there is no need to build big stats.
Is this not helping? Making it easier for people that build stats to defend against snipers?
I think, once u trained ur planets, u cant untrained them.

This solves loads of problems, this stops snipers in ascend.
Sol
Forum Addict

byrne_1 wrote:
Sol wrote:
I think, once u trained ur planets, u cant untrained them.

This solves loads of problems, this stops snipers in ascend.
You can't untrain super attack :P. You can untrain assassins though, but if the defender builds a meaty defence with an assassin capacity that wouldn't ward off any strikes, then they're poorly defending from all sides.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
frans
Forum Grunt

I think a strong case is being made here about how the attacker has several great advantages over the defender. In the typical case of attacker decimating the defender, it's the attacker who has the power to choose the time that best favors them over the defender. It's the attacker who has the power to choose how they'll attack. The defender is forced to build a well balanced account, ensuring that their defense, covert, and assassins cover each other. An attacker only has to concentrate their forces into countering these areas one at a time.

With 30 attacks until a defender phases, an attacker utilizing the full capability that each attack offers can take out a total of 95.7% of the defender's defense using destroy attacks. A defender with 100M super defense planets would see their defense reduced to 4,239,115 planets in a span of 10 - 15 minutes. Even if the attacker utilizes only 2/3rds of their full attack potential on average, the defender still suffers 87.3% in damages to their defense planets.
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Frans wrote:I think a strong case is being made here about how the attacker has several great advantages over the defender. In the typical case of attacker decimating the defender, it's the attacker who has the power to choose the time that best favors them over the defender. It's the attacker who has the power to choose how they'll attack. The defender is forced to build a well balanced account, ensuring that their defense, covert, and assassins cover each other. An attacker only has to concentrate their forces into countering these areas one at a time.

With 30 attacks until a defender phases, an attacker utilizing the full capability that each attack offers can take out a total of 95.7% of the defender's defense using destroy attacks. A defender with 100M super defense planets would see their defense reduced to 4,239,115 planets in a span of 10 - 15 minutes. Even if the attacker utilizes only 2/3rds of their full attack potential on average, the defender still suffers 87.3% in damages to their defense planets.
whatever happened to home field advantage or the fact at home your hunkered in. But thats just me.
Sol
Forum Addict

TheLost wrote:
Frans wrote:I think a strong case is being made here about how the attacker has several great advantages over the defender. In the typical case of attacker decimating the defender, it's the attacker who has the power to choose the time that best favors them over the defender. It's the attacker who has the power to choose how they'll attack. The defender is forced to build a well balanced account, ensuring that their defense, covert, and assassins cover each other. An attacker only has to concentrate their forces into countering these areas one at a time.

whatever happened to home field advantage or the fact at home your hunkered in. But thats just me.
That's the problem, there isn't really any :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended General”