money dissapeared

sam

money dissapeared

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could explain to me the following.

In stargatewars, i withdrawed 270000 naquadah from my planetary vault and was going to invest it but then the money never appeared in my funds.

Could forum please investigate into that? I also verified my attack logs and

thanx

samir

p.s sorry, if i posted this msg in the wrong post
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: money dissapeared

there was no record of a withdrawl of this amount in the logs.
also - the query that takes naq out of the bank,is the exact same one that puts it into your normal realm ..... if the query runs, both are done.... at the exact same time...
it appears to me that this withdrawl was never successfully done -- no naq taken out, no naq put in realm, no record written to log....
possible it never happened, and you just remembered wrong about how much was in the bank?

sam wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if someone could explain to me the following.

In stargatewars, i withdrawed 270000 naquadah from my planetary vault and was going to invest it but then the money never appeared in my funds.

Could forum please investigate into that? I also verified my attack logs and

thanx

samir

p.s sorry, if i posted this msg in the wrong post
Don't make me use this!!!

it could be,

But i remember typing in the withdraw part 270k and then noticed that my overall funds did not change at all

Well u might be right though, i was playin stargatewars and quantum at same time but well i dunno anymore now

thanx for looking into my prob

samir
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

maybe you were loitering ;)
either way - fact is --if it comes out, it goes in...
sometimes it is possible neither happen (most times both happen) but never just one of the two.

thanks
admin
Shadow_80

Forum wrote:maybe you were loitering ;)
either way - fact is --if it comes out, it goes in...
sometimes it is possible neither happen (most times both happen) but never just one of the two.

thanks
admin

WEll I'm sorry to contradict you Forum but it does happen as it is the same that happenned to me. Unfortunately, we cannot know in advance what triggers that cause I try to remove 1 dollars 10 times with no success.

But There is definetely a bug that when you remove the money, it just dissapear, out of the bank and no in our pocket.

:(
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - i replied to you in other post... but i will keep looking...
(although i still think it is not really happening, knowing how SQL works, but i will seach more....)
if you can replicate it, that would help 1000% :)
Shadow_80

I am just wandering one thing though maybe you could cleared it up for us.

Could it be possible that our Browser(I am using Mozilla) did not show the right amount starting with which makes us belives we have an amount of cash that we never really had????

I'm just wandering if IE could have the same problem
forgive_me
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Shadow_80 wrote:I am just wandering one thing though maybe you could cleared it up for us.

Could it be possible that our Browser(I am using Mozilla) did not show the right amount starting with which makes us belives we have an amount of cash that we never really had????

I'm just wandering if IE could have the same problem

hmmm this makes me wander....it coud be cache problems........

so to chech this.....after u withdrow did the naq value changed?.......i meen that wen the page with the withdrow loadet did the naq on u changed or not?...and haw about the naq in your bank....
Shadow_80

ITs easy forgive me

I log in SGW... I have X amount of cash open, I click on training, Oh I need Y amount of cash to upgrade the level of unit production, I then click on the bank, enter Y amount in the withdrawal box, click on withdrawal, and here's what I Get... Still X amount of money in hand but my bank is equal to : previous total minus Y amount of naquadah.

What happen with Y cash, Thats what I would like to know.

My theory was that my browser would gave me a cache page with the incorrect amount of money in the bank, then when I remove the Y amount, the browser refresh the amount and give me the real one. but thats just a theory.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i like theories.....
especially when they explain reality....
now - don't get me started on n-branes!! or even m-branes!!!

Shadow_80 wrote:ITs easy forgive me

I log in SGW... I have X amount of cash open, I click on training, Oh I need Y amount of cash to upgrade the level of unit production, I then click on the bank, enter Y amount in the withdrawal box, click on withdrawal, and here's what I Get... Still X amount of money in hand but my bank is equal to : previous total minus Y amount of naquadah.

What happen with Y cash, Thats what I would like to know.

My theory was that my browser would gave me a cache page with the incorrect amount of money in the bank, then when I remove the Y amount, the browser refresh the amount and give me the real one. but thats just a theory.
Shadow_80

Forum wrote:i like theories.....

So what you think of my theory then :D
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

makes sense.
makes more sense than 1/2 of a SQL query running (NOT 1 of 2 queries running from web script, because that is not how it is setup.... it is one query that does the + and the - and not two queries... one doing plus and other doing minus)
besides - if it is a "client issue" that means it is "not my problem" ;)
so -- i love your theory (plus it actually makes sense... browsers can cache a ton of stuff... and i have not set the game to 'no-cache' becuase most stuff can be...)

Shadow_80 wrote:
Forum wrote:i like theories.....

So what you think of my theory then :D
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

So when it happens (the naq disappearing from the bank and not appearing in your hand), have you tried using it afterall? If you took out the right amount and the browser is not displaying it, doesn't mean the database also has the wrong amount. And that's where the check is made to see wether you have enough. So you should still be able to spend it. If you haven't tried, try it next time, that would really confirm the cache theory.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Shadow_80

Good try but I already tried that. If it would of been that only, I would of not complain lol...

its like I never had the money in the first place, or another way of seeing it is, the dark angel Was Flying over Shadow_80 bank and as soon as Shadow withdraw his money, the Dark angel hit him in the back. Shadow never saw what happen and was left with nothing lolol :twisted:

anyway, I will try to keep track of all deposit and withdrawal I make so if it happens again, I will have more accurate info.
sam

I would like to add that it was when i was using mozilla that it did happen to me. It never happened when i was using internet explorer, netscape or opera.

It could well be a matter of luck but now it's two ppl using mozilla and same more or less same thing happening

samir

Return to “Bugs Archive”